Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - shoomi (XR)

May 20, 2016, 01:26:27 am
Read 9368 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - shoomi (XR)
« on: May 20, 2016, 01:26:27 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: shoomi
Server: defias-brotherhood
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/shoomi/advanced
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hi my name is Jack, im 25 from the UK and live my girlfriend in central Manchester. I work in the legal industry in costs (as boring as it sounds) and I love to play wow in my down time.

I'm also into my football being a big chelsea fan, love watching movies/tv as well as drinking (too much) with friends.

Would say I've been a pretty committed raider over the years looking to achieve that end game kill with every new content and want to be up their with the best guilds on what ever server I'm on.

I’m looking for a new guild whose wanting to be as prepared as possible for legion and while I’m cool with applying and playing with you guys on my shaman now I’m looking to re-roll in legion to a pure dps class (preferred ranged) but ultimately happy to play a dps that fits your comp.

Class/Spec:

I’m currently elemental through and through. I’ve never been a good healer as I’ve always focused on tanking or dps’ing. Again main reason for being only ele is simply because I have loved the spec that much (played a lot of mists and the whole of draenor as it) and I prefer ranged to melee.

So elemental main stat is multi-strike to get as many hits as possible. Other than that I try and get an even amount of haste/crit and avoid mastery were possible. I try to keep up to date with guides such as binkenstein to help me with this kind of stuff as I’m not great at theory crafting.

With regards to my opener its as follows: UE on 15/16 seconds, fire elemental on 3, pot, pre-cast LS (lightening strike) on 2, LB, UE followed by FS to get the increased damage bonus, then blow my opener macro for ascendance and go.

Rotation prio system ES if over 15 stacks (or green on my UI), LB, UE, FS (less than 10 secs but combined with UE for extra damage), fire totem if less than 10, CL/LS (which is macro’d with orc racial).

Alts:

I have most alts but not really one that I focus, I tend to pick a char per expansion and play that main. I use alts for professions mainly and that’s about it.

Professions:

Current professions and the ones I tend to go for on my main is engineering (as this can be very useful in pve for speed boosts etc) and enchanting for the gear buffs and the DE. I would say this is to be the same but I would need to read up a little bit more on professions.

Raiding Experience:

Raiding experience began in vanilla on my parents window 98 pc where I main tanked ZG to clear. Following that TBC hit and I joined my first proper raiding guild. Was a main tank for all of the content clearing up to illidan (current) before I had to quit for my school exams. After that played intermittently (during uni and travelling) until cataclysm were I did some end tier raiding and picking it back up for mists clearing all content but not all mythic until SoO mythic (albeit late). During this time I was an officer and played a variety of roles including paladin dps/tank hunter dps and thereafter shaman to help the group balance. This content I’ve been raiding since day one, been in a couple of guilds simply because of a lack of membership until my current guild where we’ve cleared Mythic.

Previous Guilds:

My current guild, who is aware that I’m looking for a new home, was perfect however they have decided that when legion hits they will go back to raiding 3 days as opposed to two days a week and as such this is the reason I’m leaving. They are all a great group of guys (and girl) but I just won’t be able to meet the three days a week.

Also should mention that I’m raiding with Long Hair Don’t Care on Twisting Nether cross realm at the moment and the only reason for a lack of transfer was due to funds (was going to do tomorrow but now they are looking at three days I’m looking to spend the cash elsewhere).

Availability:

I’m available Monday – Thursday evenings (any of those two) any time from 8pm server time till 12pm server time. Work is a regular 9-5 UK time (unless a unforeseen circumstance but I think most people have that with work and is very limited) so attendance wouldn’t be a problem. Also just got back from my holiday so none of them coming up soon but more raiding for me instead!

Communication:

Luckily I’m from England however I presume most people from the continent speak it better than myself. Have all team comms and while I describe myself as more of a listener than big voice in the raid team I can communicate when needed and understand all instructions well. Microphone and  headset are good too.

Computer / Connection:

Computer is recently built by a friend so the specs are well above what’s needed for wow, no fps issues and my internet connection is good with no frequent disconnections other than blizzards crazy battle net bugs (today it disbanded our entire raid for no reason!). With regards to the connection on Kazzak, while I can’t say I’ve played on the server, Defias Brotherhood has been pretty busy in the past so I don’t foresee issues there

Addons/UI:

Ok addons that I use include:

DBM, Skada, angry assignments, quartz, loot council, weak auras, WIM, Exorus Raid Tools and maybe a few others which don’t do much.

Other Games:

WoW is my main game however I have started to get into HoTS and might check out overwatch when it comes out. Otherwise if im not gaming im watching movies/tv/sports so I’m pretty much a one game man.

Why Iron Edge?

The reason why I want to join Iron Edge is that you guys seem very well suited to my raiding goals and the times are perfect for my lifestyle. I find that the ability to find a well focused 2 day raiding guild who has players which are high end but also understand that can come without four days + a week is rare and this guild seems legit. In addition the fact that you’ve managed to keep a guild running as long as you have is absolutely amazing and something I’d love to be a part of.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer Iron Edge a committed and knowledgeable player whose aim is to clear content to the end of the game, who is always prepared and willing to share knowledge with the view to expand my own, able to take constructive criticism to improve and is always seeking new ways to push more out of my game. I also feel that in playing this game for over a decade that I know the ins and outs of many mechanics which gives me a certain edge in progressing that little bit faster and being able to compare things with instances of old (as we know blizz loves a good old recycle).

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Heard about you guys on wow-progress via the filter for my needs and had a quick in game chat with the GM prior to writing the application to make sure this was the right place to apply.

Last Words?

Famous last words… hope you enjoyed reading the application and look forward to your questions. Again please note that im ready to transfer servers when needed and am super pumped for legion!!

May 20, 2016, 02:16:49 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - shoomi (XR)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 02:16:49 am »
Hello!

I'm the "GM" he's spoken to, but I'm technically only the raid leader ;)

Very nice application! I'm sure the other Brits will love having another one, the number of Brits is getting overwhelming though. Since you're technically still a ranged DPS I'm gonna let our ranged officer decide, but you have my thumbs-up!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

May 20, 2016, 07:04:28 am
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 07:04:28 am »
I like the app a lot jack.

I don't know what class your thinking to roll too, I'm expecting a Mage hunter or lock I guess? Would you be using the beta to help you decide? Just curious was all. Anyway most important thing is your British so starting to really outnumber the dirty Scandinavians!!

Good luck on the apply
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

May 20, 2016, 09:01:21 am
Reply #3

Offline Devaston

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 09:01:21 am »
Thanks for the replies and thumbs up guys! Cool to see a lot of Brits are in Guild although I'm guessing the fact I'm a Chelsea fan from Manchester might not help!!

With regards to the class, yeah was mainly thinking one of those three with lock standing slightly ahead because the class has always appealed. Unfortunately I've not managed to get beta access but I have all three classes at level 100 on Alts so it would be a case of watching and reading a lot/ trailing each when the pre-patch hits.

Ultimately though wanting to help the for team so I'm flexible about what I play with some limitations :)

Let me know if you need more info!

May 20, 2016, 11:37:27 am
Reply #4

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 11:37:27 am »
As long as your not a man united fan I can live with that, I support Liverpool.

Your answers are more than satisfying for me, just last thing is we have effectively 3 nights of official raiding left till we stop till legion maybe the odd raid here or there but that's to the officers discretion. It shouldn't be an issue for you but just to make you aware.

Good luck

Vej
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

May 20, 2016, 01:08:54 pm
Reply #5

Offline Devaston

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 01:08:54 pm »
No United in me so that's more than fine!

Not a problem in relation to the limited amount of raiding days left but would be good to have a raid with you guys before the break so you can see how I perform and whether I'd get the all important spot.

Unfortunately I'm fully saved this week so it would have to be next week if you want to invite me. Also if you didn't mind me joining cross realm for now before I pay the fee that would be appreciated too.

May 20, 2016, 02:29:47 pm
Reply #6

Offline Shylar

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 02:29:47 pm »
Hi Shoomi

Good to see someone has taken the time to write a decent application. I noticed you have 2 Mannoroth kills and 1 Archimonde kill, did your guild require only 2 lockout attempts to down Archimonde?

Best of luck on the application.
"I'm not gay, I just appreciate a good cock when I see one."

May 20, 2016, 03:59:39 pm
Reply #7

Offline Devaston

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 03:59:39 pm »
Hi Shylar,

Unfortunately not had a huge amount of wipe nights on both these bosses. But we got the first mannoroth kill and then saved the lock out for sometime to focus progression on archi as gear wasn't an issue for the kill.

The guild has had quite a few clears since then but just before we got him I went on holiday to Thailand for three weeks so missed that elusive first one. When I came back we cleared him again on first raid night back so that's the reason for limited kills personally. Can't say how many wipes on each boss as not at home but I know the fights inside and out!

May 20, 2016, 04:37:39 pm
Reply #8

Offline Glacio

• Guild Member

• I'm a model

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 04:37:39 pm »
Great application! Thumbs up from this jolly big dicked Norwegian :)
"But she was fat, so she probably doesn't have any diseases"

May 20, 2016, 07:53:25 pm
Reply #9

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 07:53:25 pm »
did your guild require only 2 lockout attempts to down Archimonde?

That's some sharp shooting there, Shylar. I hadn't even noticed that!

this jolly big dicked Norwegian :)

w-what? I really hope you're not already wasted at 4 PM on a Friday, Stian.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

May 20, 2016, 07:59:54 pm
Reply #10

Offline Devaston

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 07:59:54 pm »
Haha, wasn't going to say anything about the well-endowed Norwegian but for the upvote  8)

May 20, 2016, 08:43:36 pm
Reply #11

Offline Vivi

• Guild Member

• Burn for a burn!

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 08:43:36 pm »
Hi Shoomi,

Pretty sure I used to raid with you? I'm Frostek, known as Vivi here.

I will bitch about you to the big cheese  :P :P :P.

May 20, 2016, 10:05:24 pm
Reply #12

Offline Devaston

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 10:05:24 pm »
Hey frostek, yeah definitely raided together on Defias right when you were on your Mage? Nice to see a name I recognise :)

Don't bitch too much  ;D

May 21, 2016, 01:17:03 am
Reply #13

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 01:17:03 am »
Hes done nothing since he joined but bitch lol XD

May 21, 2016, 01:32:22 am
Reply #14

Offline Shylar

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2016, 01:32:22 am »
Hes done nothing since he joined but bitch lol XD
And steal mounts
"I'm not gay, I just appreciate a good cock when I see one."

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:26:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

256 Guests, 0 Users