Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -

October 19, 2016, 02:09:06 pm
Reply #255

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

Re: Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2016, 02:09:06 pm »
Let me describe a scenario:
Phoenixflame turns out red. Then there is one mafia remaining, and 4 people that most likely are green. (Inexcitus, Grax, Yoica, Mouseh). That leaves 3 people as main suspects (Archz, Vorte, Grilly). Then you can lynch the remaining suspects until you find the red one, as I am assuming I am still part of the victory even though I'm dead! I can promise you that I will follow your bandwagon at this point to make sure we outnumber the final red player till the end.

Note that this scenario is based on the mafia not winging a solo play vs. 7 people by throwing Phoenix under the bus, which I find very unlikely.

October 19, 2016, 02:48:58 pm
Reply #256

Offline Fulskar

• Guild Member

« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2016, 02:48:58 pm »
I did also voice my concerns of how it would make me look if I changed my vote to Rash and he turned out to be town, which is why I was sitting on the fence on that one.

I will admit this did make me suspicious of you when you first said it, I was thinking it would be a really clever way to try and protect Rash as fellow Mafia and at the same time cover your ass, but you re-highlighting it makes me think maybe you're okay.

Only you and Rash voted for Hugman in the end of the last voting round, but even then we had strong reason to suspect Phoenix, but if I'm right in thinking Phoenix is the Godfather, you wouldn't want to change your vote to him in case he was lynched? I know you're saying Phoenix is high on your list, so for now you're not top of my list.

October 19, 2016, 03:00:44 pm
Reply #257

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2016, 03:00:44 pm »

I will admit this did make me suspicious of you when you first said it, I was thinking it would be a really clever way to try and protect Rash as fellow Mafia and at the same time cover your ass, but you re-highlighting it makes me think maybe you're okay.

Only you and Rash voted for Hugman in the end of the last voting round, but even then we had strong reason to suspect Phoenix, but if I'm right in thinking Phoenix is the Godfather, you wouldn't want to change your vote to him in case he was lynched? I know you're saying Phoenix is high on your list, so for now you're not top of my list.

At the end of the last voting round I was never debating changing my vote to Phoenix, I wanted Rash dead. Allow me to quote myself:

Quote from: Grilldyret
Ideal situation for me right now is that someone that hasn't voted yet, and that agrees with Hugman's reasoning, make sure that Rash hangs tonight. I will however switch to Rash before the bell if it comes to that, as I am willing to risk ruining my own credibility for the best chance we have at lynching scum.

Also, upon seeing Rash's Hugman vote, I wrote the following, which I can't imagine why I would have written if I wanted to protect Phoenix:
Quote from: Grilldyret
Rash, why are you not even trying to save yourself by attempting to sway someone into voting for Phoenix? Not all minds are made up here, as there are still 4 (5?) loose votes. Personally I wouldn't change my vote to save your hide, but voting Hugman at this point is equivalent to conceding.

Do you also recall me stating that I thought either Hug or Phoenix were mafia early on? If I were red and trying to protect Phoenix, I wouldn't have seen Hugman killed last night as that would implicate myself if I didn't at some point start suspecting Phoenix.

October 19, 2016, 03:31:56 pm
Reply #258

Offline Fulskar

• Guild Member

« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2016, 03:31:56 pm »
Okay that's fair enough, I think I'm convinced for now.

Still yet to hear from a lot of people today and would like Archz to answer why he wanted to lynch Hugman?

October 19, 2016, 03:38:38 pm
Reply #259

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2016, 03:38:38 pm »
As for Phoenix, he is still having a go at Inexcitus. Either that's because he's a player on my own level, or he is trying to re-kindle the suspicions.

Thats not exactly true anymore:
In that case there's not really much going for Kili so I retract my statement about him being prime suspect material.

I'm his prime suspect now!
With mainly 3 people going for Phoenix at the moment (Grax, Yoica, Mouseh) I would normally be happy to join the lynch on him, but if this lynch is constructed by the mafia with the help of unaware townies, it can go south very quickly.

I'm curious how you think that case against Phoenix could be constructed? Can you give me examples, quotes? I was voting for him and calling him out because his own posts, not other people posts about him.

I haven't voted for him yet, as even tho I think hes most probably mafia, I don't see him as big threat as the other remaining mafia. Which is hard to pinpoint at this point. But day is long, and I hope people will get active with posts.

Another thought: It doesn't even matter whos Godfather and whos goon anymore, as our cop is dead, sadly.

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

October 19, 2016, 03:56:00 pm
Reply #260

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2016, 03:56:00 pm »
Mouseh, he replied while I was typing up my post. I read his reply, but decided to leave it in there as the point was still valid.

As for how the case could be constructed I don't have any evidence or indications pointing towards it. I am just saying that it would be very bad for us if it was. Especially if two of you guys are townies. I am not particularly suspicious of any of you at the moment though, so I am not pushing that angle. Just saying it would suck for us :)

In order to suspect any of you, I would first need Archz and Vorte to convince me that they are green. Which they haven't done to any notable degree yet.

You seem to be taking this "one of you three could be mafia"-statement of mine as if it was directed towards you alone though.

Yoica and Gaeios are the only remaining players that haven't had to defend themselves from scrutiny yet as far as I can recall, so I would like to see how they withstand the fire if Phoenix turns out to be green.

October 19, 2016, 04:10:43 pm
Reply #261

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2016, 04:10:43 pm »
Nah I didn't see that statement being directed towards me alone, on the contrary. I only thought that I might have missed smth, that you noticed, about 'constructing' the case against Pheonix. As I think that if he turns out to be green it would be consequence of his own actions, not some big scheme from mafia. 

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

October 19, 2016, 04:29:47 pm
Reply #262

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2016, 04:29:47 pm »
Post by: Yoica on October 18, 2016, 10:14:19 am
##VOTE : Phoenixflame

Phoenixflame - 1

Post by: Grilldyret on October 18, 2016, 10:50:31 am
##VOTE : Hugman

Phoenixflame - 1
Hugman - 1

Post by: Gaeios(Graxlos) on October 18, 2016, 10:57:32 am
##VOTE : Grilldyret

Phoenixflame - 1
Hugman - 1
Grilldyret - 1

Post by: Vorte on October 18, 2016, 02:25:17 pm
##VOTE : Rashkebab

Phoenixflame - 1
Hugman - 1
Grilldyret - 1
Rashkebab - 1

Post by: Phoenixflame on October 18, 2016, 02:38:38 pm
##VOTE: Mouseh

Phoenixflame - 1
Hugman - 1
Grilldyret - 1
Rashkebab - 1
Mouseh - 1

Post by: Grishnag on October 18, 2016, 05:34:18 pm
##VOTE : Archz

Phoenixflame - 1
Hugman - 1
Grilldyret - 1
Rashkebab - 1
Mouseh - 1
Archz - 1

Post by: Mouseh on October 18, 2016, 08:08:20 pm

Phoenixflame - 2
Hugman - 1
Grilldyret - 1
Rashkebab - 1
Mouseh - 1
Archz - 1

Post by: Hugman on October 18, 2016, 08:11:38 pm

Phoenixflame - 2
Hugman - 1
Grilldyret - 1
Rashkebab - 2
Mouseh - 1
Archz - 1

Post by: Archz on October 18, 2016, 08:49:32 pm

Phoenixflame - 2
Hugman - 1
Grilldyret - 1
Rashkebab - 3
Mouseh - 1
Archz - 1

Post by: Inexcitus on October 18, 2016, 09:16:52 pm

Phoenixflame - 3
Hugman - 1
Grilldyret - 1
Rashkebab - 3
Mouseh - 1
Archz - 1

Post by: Phoenixflame on October 18, 2016, 10:11:06 pm
##UNVOTE: Mouseh
##VOTE: Rashkebab

Phoenixflame - 3
Hugman - 1
Grilldyret - 1
Rashkebab - 4
Mouseh - 0
Archz - 1

Post by: Rashkebab on October 18, 2016, 10:20:26 pm
##VOTE : Hugman

Phoenixflame - 3
Hugman - 2
Grilldyret - 1
Rashkebab - 4
Mouseh - 0
Archz - 1

(...)
In order to suspect any of you, I would first need Archz and Vorte to convince me that they are green. Which they haven't done to any notable degree yet.

So your winning theory is that Mafia boss Vorte started the vote on Rash, and Goon Archz set one of the final nails in the coffin when we just as easily could have piled on to Phoenixflame without causing much suspicion?

Even in the case that was pointed out that Phoenixflame and myself are mafia, why wouldn't I then try to sway the vote to phoenixflame to gain massive credit for myself and try to save Rash from crazy Hugman?

Right now Grilly feels suspicious to me

October 19, 2016, 04:59:10 pm
Reply #263

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2016, 04:59:10 pm »
You are correct that the initial Rash vote was a very green action by Vorte, completely forgot that he started it all. You putting one of the final nails in the coffin doesn't necessarily clear you though, as the Rash train was rolling already.

What are you basing the fact that I "feel suspicious" on, exactly? It has to be more than the fact that I just called you to action :) I am openly explaining my actions here, so please pick me apart.

If Vorte and Inexcitus are presumed green, that means a Phoenix lynch could end well even if he should turn out to be green. Then we are left with 2 mafia in a pool of 4 players that could swing both ways. If we then turn our attention towards those that initiated the bandwagon, we still have a shot at winning this thing.

Please note that I do think Phoenix is red at the moment, I am speaking of what would happen in the event that he turns out to be green against all odds.

October 19, 2016, 07:49:18 pm
Reply #264

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2016, 07:49:18 pm »
Going into the final few hours here, only the mafia stand to gain from radio silence. Who do you think are red, and why?

Personally I'm 70/30 between Phoenix+Archz and any combination between Yoica, Gaeios and Mouseh. Reason being that either the mafia are two very good players that have managed to throw us off completely by appearing to speak our cause, or two players that may very well also be good, but that are trapped on a sinking ship.

If Phoenix is red, then neither Yoica, Gaeios, Inexcitus, Mouseh or Vorte are red. That leaves only me and Archz, so I will know that Archz is red. If we mislynch Phoenix, however, only Vorte and Inexcitus are reasonably safe green. Then I will suspect a combination of those that started the bandwagon on Phoenix, most notably Mouseh and Yoica really.

October 19, 2016, 07:52:15 pm
Reply #265

Offline Fulskar

• Guild Member

« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2016, 07:52:15 pm »
I'm voting Phoenixflame for now, pretty obvious why from my posts.

October 19, 2016, 08:02:11 pm
Reply #266

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2016, 08:02:11 pm »
Who do you think his partner in crime is, though? We are getting so close to the end here that people really should have opinions on what the possible combinations are. I'm not afraid of sticking out my neck anymore and call for this kind of action, because we need a backup plan if Phoenix turns out green!
Or are you all under the impression that we would be feeding the mafia information by submitting opinions so that playing one day/night at a time is best?

October 19, 2016, 08:23:08 pm
Reply #267

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2016, 08:23:08 pm »
Going into the final few hours here, only the mafia stand to gain from radio silence.

If I'm not mistaken, the day ends tomorrow morning at 11 CEST?

I'm going to place my vote today on Phoenixflame as well, if he turns out to be green I don't know what to think. Let's tighten that noose!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

October 20, 2016, 09:25:25 am
Reply #268

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2016, 09:25:25 am »
Even in the case that was pointed out that Phoenixflame and myself are mafia, why wouldn't I then try to sway the vote to phoenixflame to gain massive credit for myself and try to save Rash from crazy Hugman?

Perhaps because it was easier for the mafia to read that Hugman was a cop, due to the sudden offensive against Rash? If you worked to get Phoenix lynched, the lynch went through and Hugman claimed cop afterwards and pointed at Rash, then you would basically be playing solo for the rest of the game.

What counts in your favor, however, is that Rash cast the second vote for you, making you tied with Inexcitus, Shimmar and Phoenix on day 1. As 2 people had not voted yet, Rash would have risked either me or Vorte voting for you, upon which he would have had to switch his vote to someone else (Thus implicating the both of you).

October 20, 2016, 09:50:58 am
Reply #269

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2016, 09:50:58 am »
I have a presentation to give from 10:30 to 12:00ish. Please act as if the thread is locked from 11:00 GMT+1 till i get back, ty :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:30:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

247 Guests, 1 User
Calamitus