Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia - The story of Edgeville - Town Square

May 19, 2011, 12:40:36 am
Reply #615

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia - The story of Edgeville - Town Square
« Reply #615 on: May 19, 2011, 12:40:36 am »
*takes a bow*

May 19, 2011, 12:41:35 am
Reply #616

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #616 on: May 19, 2011, 12:41:35 am »
Had you only gotten your hands dirty once :p

*sniff sniff*

May 19, 2011, 02:03:47 am
Reply #617

Offline Goza

« Reply #617 on: May 19, 2011, 02:03:47 am »
Damn, they got me, too.

May 19, 2011, 07:33:10 am
Reply #618

Offline Ahkailon

• Guild Member

« Reply #618 on: May 19, 2011, 07:33:10 am »
Holy crap I was wrong on everything!

May 19, 2011, 10:17:27 am
Reply #619

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #619 on: May 19, 2011, 10:17:27 am »
I was right on everything apart from tyler\nach :(

Damn you Tyler! I totally thought you were mob from the getgo, oh how that screwed up my ninjaplay  :( :'(

Gg guys, can't wait for the next!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

May 19, 2011, 11:56:17 am
Reply #620

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #620 on: May 19, 2011, 11:56:17 am »
Holy crap I was wrong on everything!

I know the feeling :p

May 19, 2011, 12:51:14 pm
Reply #621

Offline Palmar

« Reply #621 on: May 19, 2011, 12:51:14 pm »
Thanks for a really good game everyone. Good performance!
Trolls are awesome!

May 19, 2011, 01:56:51 pm
Reply #622

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #622 on: May 19, 2011, 01:56:51 pm »
In order

fkn Shiftey
fkn Archz
fkn Grax
fkn Vorte
fkn Me

gg though.
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

May 19, 2011, 02:50:13 pm
Reply #623

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #623 on: May 19, 2011, 02:50:13 pm »
What is the order of that list? Sort by uselessness in ascending order :P

Vorte was the ninja who saved Kawe's story by not saying that he got hit. How can he even be on that list :P

Bears like alts!

May 19, 2011, 02:57:45 pm
Reply #624

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #624 on: May 19, 2011, 02:57:45 pm »
Yo ho, yo ho a ninja's life for me.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

May 19, 2011, 03:26:12 pm
Reply #625

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #625 on: May 19, 2011, 03:26:12 pm »
No Grax, Kawe double killed Dell as Dell told him he was a vet!

Vorte is useless for pretending to be the number one mob target (not a winning strat, even though it might have saved his bacon at the start), whacking Grish for no reason and investigating me twice and you. The last bit is moot ofc as he was a ninja, but what did he expect to find.

You are useless for not understanding that asking me, in IRC whisper, to switch vote at 6-6 to Vorte made you look as guilty as the ones who did vote for him...

I am usless for placing Kawe to far down the list of probables. I was so convinced that not all of the mob would vote the same way on day 2.
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"

May 19, 2011, 03:28:02 pm
Reply #626

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #626 on: May 19, 2011, 03:28:02 pm »
Also for agitating 3 villager kills!
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

May 19, 2011, 03:32:13 pm
Reply #627

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #627 on: May 19, 2011, 03:32:13 pm »
I think it was your mistake reading it like that. I had already discussed it with Delling that we should make sure we get someone killed.
It was 30 minutes to lynch time and we were at 6-6, dangerously close to a second day of no lynch. (We would have killed the ninja and had no missing cop problems).

This was also the reason I did it in a pm so the mafia couldnt abuse it to make us switch.

Bears like alts!

May 19, 2011, 03:35:22 pm
Reply #628

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #628 on: May 19, 2011, 03:35:22 pm »
Grax we dont have much to go on. You looked as guilty as Cwave, Grish, Shiftey, Nach and Kawe at that point. Sure it was a mistake, but you didn't seem to bothered...
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"

May 19, 2011, 05:18:28 pm
Reply #629

Offline Palmar

« Reply #629 on: May 19, 2011, 05:18:28 pm »
Here are some thoughts on the game, remember I'm no expert, but there are some things that should be logical.

Globox - Sorry man :P

Ezzardo - You need to speak up as a villager. Really try to bring the hurt on someone

Matt - You were painfully obvious. Don't derail and try to act pro-town.

Cwave - Another really obvious mafiosi. The town will not appreciate nonsense in their thread.

Grishnag - I really don't know what put vorte onto you, you should of course try to be a bit more constructive to help create a cover for you, but meh... vorte's stab seemed a bit random.

Delling - Well played. You figured you'd get shot early, so you just took a gutshot at a mafia. Nothing much to say here.

Shiftey - You were insane. You were wrong on so many levels it's unbelievable. You're way too stubborn and you always assume people are lying. Remember that 75% of the players will be telling the truth, because lying as town is pretty stupid. You contributed so much to the mafia win.

Shankski - Basically a not so useful townie. Please remember that speaking up is the best way to get the town forward. Not defending yourself on the day of your lynch was beyond stupid.

Rucious - You played allright. Almost all your night calls were pretty logical. I have no clue about why you didn't protect vorte the night he took his first hit... but it turned out great.

Graxlos - You had the best insight of anyone in the game. Almost every call you made was correct. But you also had a pretty terrible representation, your posts were unstructured and without focus. Focusing too heavily on IRC as means of communication is bad for the town. More information in the thread = better.

Vorte - Putting yourself in a retarded position day2, but narrowly escaping it with a really ballsy cop claim. It almost worked out for you though, can't really complain about anything after you almost got yourself lynched.

Tyler - You started out well. Lynching shiftey was not stupid and almost logical, given his way of playing. But you went overly defensive after it. Being wrong is not a crime. By vesting your power in vorte's vote you basically surrendered one of the more intelligent townsman to the enemy. Your Shankski vote had very little basis for it, but his defense was also really bad.

Hugman - You played kinda ok-ish. You created a ton of content, most of which was good. You obviously lost track of the matt vote way too soon like the rest of town, but that was a common problem. Overall one of the better players.

Arches - your calls were usually bad, your night investigation targets were usually bad and your choice in allies was bad. But you still made some good decisions this game. Like shiftey, you seem paranoid about being lied to.

Kawe - My hat goes off to you. After a disastrous day2 thanks to your less than competent allies, you just took the game in your firm grasp and didn't let go until the town was yours.

Nach - Pretty damn random, I guess it helped you and can also help you in the future. I was wondering how people lynched grax, when almost everyone seemed to agree that you were the whore...

Here are some general gameplay tips for town

- Always assume everyone is telling the truth. When only 25-30% of the town have any reason to lie, it's simply statistically sound to assume people aren't lying. Most newbies assume everyone lies... which is really useless.

- Being wrong isn't a crime. Don't let a mislynch drag you down. If you're town you have nothing to fear and so you just soldier on the next day.

- Don't be afraid of getting lynched if you're town. Ignore accusations or calmly respond. Don't worry too much about proving your innocence.

- Don't go "NO U" when someone accuses you, this is just distracting for the town and usually ends up in two townies wasting time shouting at each other. Only point back if you have something to back up your accusations with, other than his accusation of you.

- Behavioral analysis is the key to this game. One of the best ways of scum-hunting is to just go back and read someone's posts twice. Once read it from the point of view he is town, and then again from the point of view he's scum. This helps tremendously in finding the scum.

Tips on Mafia gameplay!

Do everything I said above :P

Just make sure that you do tiny little manipulative things to change the outcome to your liking!

Trolls are awesome!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:46:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

240 Guests, 1 User
hemoroidtv