Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Otoa

May 18, 2020, 12:42:35 pm
Read 2526 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Otoa
« on: May 18, 2020, 12:42:35 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Otoa
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Otoa
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Name: Niels van Velzen
Work fulltime (From home right now): Manager Marketing & Recruitment

Class/Spec:

I main fury because i like the playstyle and got a lot of experience with it. my offspec is prot. I started prot because i got the thunderfury, which looks very cool, and i start tanking some pugs.

Ilvl Fury AOE: 475
Ilvl Fury ST: 473
Ilvl Prot: 473 (can be tweaked a bit)

Main stats are Crit and Haste. But in my opinion Corruption is more important in this patch. My single target gear contains IS3, 2x GW, with a bit of luck i can make it 3x GW. For the AOE gear it's TD all the way. At this moment i have 4x TD but next week it will be 5x TD. For mythic progress its important to have you corruption below 40, this will allways be case on my char.

As a warrior it is important to manage your rage, that's why i spam rampage when possible. The enrage buff is very important to from rampage. I never use dragon roar without the enrage buff. My normal opener would be something like: Charge + Recklessness > BoE essence > Siege breaker > Bloodthirst > Rampage  > Dragon Roar. After this opener i prioritize my spells as Rampage > Execute > Blood thirst > Raging blow and Whirlwind when everything is on (global) cooldown. In AOE fights i have the same rotation but between every 2 attacks i use whirlwind because of the AOE buff.

Alts:

I have almost all classes on 120. I've started to play some serious fire mage. Blizzard is gonna make it more easy to catch up with alts from wednesday. I hope i can improve it fast enough to help in Mythic.

Professions:

I have alchemy for my raiding pots and enhanting for the raid enchants. Can allways make pots for guildies.

Raiding Experience:

I've started raiding in Vanilla, cleared up to Naxxramas as a warrior. I became a serious raider in TBC, cleared all content as a top 5 guild from the Emerald Dream server. as mage/rogue I keep on raiding in WOTLK but took a break after clearing ICC. I came back almost every expansion but never to serious. Since 8.3 i am fulltime back in to wow and want to progress as much as possible.

Previous Guilds:

Now i am in Stellar Drifters but from last night the Mythic team disbanded. They do not want to progress anymore and they will start again in Shadowlands. I want to use this last months of the expansion to get even better on my char and be ready for high end raiding in Shadowlands.

Availability:

Due Corona i work fulltime from home, that's why i will be online almost all day. When everything is normal again i will be online every evening and in the weekend. When Shadowlands release i will take two weeks off from work, so i can level fast and be ready for raiding.

Communication:

My English is good enough, i have Teamspeak and Discord with a working mic. I do not talk much, only if needed during raids. During M+ or just chatting i will talk more ofcourse.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is working good, no fps issues and no disconnects. I will buy a new computer for Shadowlands anyhow.

Addons/UI:

I use Deadly Boss Mods, Weakauras and Details. All my keys are binded. I am not able to make a screenshot right now because i am applying from my laptop. I can show it later.

Other Games:

A little bit of Hearthstone but mainly WoW

Why Iron Edge?

I would like to join a solid guild where i can stay for a long time. I like to be in a group who help each other and have a great time. I really like your website and it is really cool that you meet up in real life.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A serious yet chill guy. I will listen and have no problem with feedback. I will help where possible, M+, Alt raids, pots etc, will be no problem.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

More people from my current guild are looking for a new guild, they linked the Wowprogress page from your guild.

Last Words?

It had been years that i have made a application like this, it was fun to do. I hope you see some potential in me. If you have any questions, add Benerg#2451 on Bnet or Niels#5704 on Discord

May 22, 2020, 06:02:48 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Otoa
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 06:02:48 pm »
Hey there Neils,
Thanks for applying. As it stands we won't be looking to take on another warrior in the main raid at this time. We are always looking to take on more players for the start of an expansion, so I will extend the offer of a social spot with the promise of a trial for Shadowlands.
Ofcourse, if you're wanting to get in on the action this tier, we will be more than happy to revisit this application in a few months. I leave the decision to you. If you choose the latter, I wish you the best of luck on the tier and your future endevours, whether they lead back to us or not! :D

Take care,
Shimmar

May 23, 2020, 11:12:26 am
Reply #2

Offline Otoa

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 11:12:26 am »
Hello Shimmar,

Thank you for you reply. To bad there is no place for a warrior at this moment. Your extended offer sounds very interesting, i will keep it in mind. I want to progress Mythic this expansion so i can expand my experience as a mythic raider and be even better for Shadowlands  ;)

I would like you guys to revisit this application in a few months. If i wont find a suitable place in the meantime i will take the offer for a social spot and start preparing for Shadowlands.

I joined your discord, if there are any questions (or you just want to push some M+), just hit me up.

Good luck on getting CE, you guys got this!

Cheers,

Otoa

January 05, 2021, 12:35:55 pm
Reply #3

Offline Otoa

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 12:35:55 pm »
Hello Iron Edge. It has been a while since we had contact. I would like to know if there are any possibilities for an Arms warrior in the raid team? Can we have a chat on discord?

Hope to hear from you soon!

January 05, 2021, 01:38:09 pm
Reply #4

Offline Otoa

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 01:38:09 pm »
Maybe handy if i add my Discord and Bnet tag ;-)

Discord: Niels#5704

Battlenet: Benerg#2451

January 05, 2021, 02:48:04 pm
Reply #5

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 02:48:04 pm »
Hey Neils,
Thanks for getting back in contact. We won't be offering any spots for the main raid at this time as we are most definitely full as it stands. By all means, keep us on your radar because you never know what might happen, but for now i'll have to let you down.
All the best to you!

- Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:18:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 0 Users