Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 A-Raid (Cross faction) Haxzx Elemental Shaman

March 15, 2010, 09:16:47 pm
Read 6499 times

Offline Haxzxz

• Former Member

A-Raid (Cross faction) Haxzx Elemental Shaman
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:16:47 pm »
Real life stuff
My name is Jakob and I live in Denmark. I just turned 21 not long ago so I got some years behind me but hopefully a lot more in front of me.  I'm studying economy at University of Southern Denmark. It's my second semester and I'm quite satisfied with it so it should keep me studying the next 2 years minimum. I have been raiding for 3-4 years with the only break being my military service for 4 months during the start of Ulduar. When I'm not playing WoW I like to play games like BFBC2 or watch a movie. It also happens that I get drunk but it's on Friday/Saturday so it shouldn't inflict with raiding ever.

Char info
Haxzx's Armory
I love being elemental and just dpsing in general it is still something new and fresh for me as I played protection warrior most of my WoW life. I got restoration as my off spec and have used it when needed in raids but that was mostly in ToGC.
UI screenshots:                           
UI normal style
UI with keybindings

Jaxzx (My alt/old main)

WoW History
I started playing wow 1 month after TBC was released and choose to be protection warrior. I loved playing protection warrior and never thought I would change from him. (later during TBC I leveled a warlock for some PvP purpose and a shaman for healing because I wanted to try all  the different aspects of the game). I kept raiding with my warrior as my main during TBC and he was also my main during Naxxramas/Malygos/Sartharion but then I was drafted for the army and had to serve for 4 months (not bad I know and I also wanted to try it so didn't really mind it). But when I came back from 4 months without raiding I actually considered a life without raiding but Luthorhuss and another friend convinced me that I couldn't live without it and suggested that I could try out raiding  on my shaman. The guild also needed a shaman at that point so it would fit the guild. That was a few months after Ulduar was released and I started raiding on my shaman as restoration but changed to elemental as main spec within the first week as the guild was more in need of that. Since that point I have played elemental as my main spec and loved every second of it.

Guild History
Urban Legends : My first guild ever. I joined it during my leveling on my protection warrior. When I dinged 70 I started raiding with them and I have a lot of good memories from that time and some good friends. I raided together with them for a long time until our guild leader migrated to another server and that resulted in the guild falling apart. Then after 1-2 months the guild leader came back and I gave the guild another chance as I loved the guild/people (I think we all have a special relationship to our first guild) and it actually went rather good. We fast got 5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK but then was stuck on the harder bosses and the guild leader decided to migrate again (yes not the best guild leader in the world) at that point the officers decided to keep going without our "leader" that had abandoned us once more (I was one of the officers and took the guild leader spot. Not because I really wanted to but because it was needed).  Then the patch came that removed the attunement and we went in and killed 4/5 in Mount Hyjal within the first few days. Progress was looking better than ever for the guild but the leadership was overburdened and my most trusted and most hardworking officer decided to changed guild to Epilogue. The fact that there was a lot of work already combined with my friend/officer leaving made me throw in the towel and that was the end of Urban Legends as none of the other officers wanted to keep the guild going.

Epilogue:   Then I focused more on my own progress in the game and joined one of the best alliance guilds on the server Epilogue. I cleared Black Temple and Mount Hyjal with them and started in Sunwell but we got stuck on Brutallus and after some time people got tired and a lot of people changed to a newly reformed guild After Life. After life had been the best alliance guild on Dunemaul during vanilla so people had a lot of faith in the guild. So as nearly all the other raiders in Epilogue I changed to After Life as well to progress further in Sunwell.

After Life: We cleared Sunwell Plateau sadly first after the nerf but still alliance first on the 4 last bosses and raided strong until my military service. Then the guild had some issues doing Ulduar but it was still around when I got back from the army and I have raided as shaman since and been really glad about it. I have had some of my best raiding experience together with After Life and it have always felt like home to me. But lately it have been going downhill for us as some of our core members have gone casual or changed to horde and it have sadly put us without enough players to keep raiding and we have therefore changed into a casual guild now.

why Iron Edge
 I want more out of the time I spend on this game and alliance on Dunemaul can't offer me what I'm looking for so that is why I am looking for a new  guild that fit me better regarding goals when it comes to raiding. The reason I picked Iron Edge to hopefully become my new home is that you are in my opinion the best guild on Dunemaul and have been for a long time and I would like to be a part of that community and progress even further into endgame content.  ("if you can't beat them then join them" ;))

Raid experience
(I will start from TBC as I didn't play the game during vanilla).
Cleared everything in TBC (last 4 bosses in SWP sadly after nerf)
WotLK:  All 10man content cleared up to ICC and 9/12 ICC 10 heroic.(did some training on putricide)
In 25man it's sadly another story. After Life have been unable to do firefighter/KKK/1 Light in the Darkness and Algalon in Ulduar and Anub in ToGC. And we only got 10/12 in ICC25.

Why Iron Edge should pick me
Some of my best assets are a good situational awareness and a lot of dedication towards raiding. I like when things are done in a proper way and try always to max everything I can on an encounter. Gold have never been a problem for me and I'm not afraid to get what is needed for my char to perform on the highest level.

More stuff
 I have a working microphone and got no problems using it on vent/TS etc. My pc is 8 months old and there have never been any problems when raiding I also got at least 1 backup pc available all the time if something should happen. Last I had a disconnect was when raiding naxx 25 so it doesn't happen very often. I would also like to add that I'm a user of Elitist jerks and like to base my decisions on facts instead of feelings.

I look forward to hearing from you
Regards Haxzx

March 15, 2010, 09:42:49 pm
Reply #1

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

Re: A-Raid (Cross faction) Haxzx Elemental Shaman
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 09:42:49 pm »
Your UIs kinda meh.. You have anything to track your wind shear, hex, bloodlust CDs. Or see your procs for cd stacking?

March 15, 2010, 09:47:54 pm
Reply #2

Offline Haxzxz

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:47:54 pm »
Using forteXorcist as you can see in the bottom of the screen for cds like hex, bloodlust etc. Regarding cd stacking then that have not really been an issue for me as my only cd have been elemental mastery and ye can easily manage that together with with my buffs in the top left corner. But I will ofc get another ability if changing to horde.

March 15, 2010, 09:50:35 pm
Reply #3

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 09:50:35 pm »
Using forteXorcist as you can see in the bottom of the screen for cds like hex, bloodlust etc. Regarding cd stacking then that have not really been an issue for me as my only cd have been elemental mastery and ye can easily manage that together with with my buffs in the top left corner. But I will ofc get another ability if changing to horde.

Not using that forteXorcist myself so didnt know what it does exactly. Also you have tailoring proc from back, and ring proc, so thats 2 CDs to stack with ele mastery. As in use ele mastery whenever your tailoring procs

March 15, 2010, 09:58:11 pm
Reply #4

Offline Haxzxz

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 09:58:11 pm »
Afaik it's rarely benificial to w8 for procs unless they are close because of the way it works with our 2set bonus now but my forteXorcist also show procs if you look closely on the picture you can see the proc from the cloak also the internal cd on my trinket.

March 15, 2010, 10:02:28 pm
Reply #5

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 10:02:28 pm »
hmm yes, missed that. Trying to raid simultaneously. Anyway, as the procs have 45sec~ internal CD and EM is about 100seconds depending on fight. Its worth waiting with the CD depending on how long you have to.

March 16, 2010, 12:03:41 am
Reply #6

Föötmunch

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 12:03:41 am »
about this guy...

i played with jaxzx/haxzx back in the day in urban legends. was an officer with him back then on my mage. hes a really fun guy to play with and a really good player all around. played with him in AL after he got out of the army.

good ele shammy that does some nice pew pew. and is capable of dodgin orbs on twins. IF we ever go back :-P

good luck with your app

March 16, 2010, 01:57:59 am
Reply #7

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 01:57:59 am »
Sparrow is so friendly to applicants... :P
Now I run a tech website.

March 16, 2010, 08:49:22 am
Reply #8

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 08:49:22 am »
Jaxzxzor goes horde aswell :P, Another of the good alliance players i've played together with, this danish lad ive played with all back to his Urban Legend time, where i tanked alongside with my back then Dwarf Warrior. (He turned out to be nearly as good a tank as me! ;D).. Also we played together in Epilogue as with Luthorhuss :)!

Good apply aswell and good luck with it jakob

Best regards Queras -> ET
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

March 16, 2010, 08:56:03 am
Reply #9

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 08:56:03 am »
Great application, good luck!

Tbh, we need more danes! I'm lonely :(
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

March 16, 2010, 12:02:44 pm
Reply #10

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 12:02:44 pm »
I spent most of Vanilla and TBC trying to get rid of our danes...

March 16, 2010, 12:24:30 pm
Reply #11

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 12:24:30 pm »
and you almost succeeded!

Am I the only active oldschool dane left?

Bears like alts!

March 16, 2010, 12:55:05 pm
Reply #12

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 12:55:05 pm »
I think so... but you never got in my way, what with you being a casual and all :P

Archeon was the main one -- and Listetyv was Danish too, I think?

Gerdi... any other big raiders?

March 16, 2010, 01:00:05 pm
Reply #13

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 01:00:05 pm »
lobster caused you some headaches, melonstar was a douche and good old legintown.

A sad list....

And ofc starbrow is still here

Bears like alts!

March 16, 2010, 01:05:07 pm
Reply #14

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 01:05:07 pm »
Archeon, Listetyv & Boyddie(was he danish?)... holy crap the agony :P

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:44:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

181 Guests, 0 Users