Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Cakeshammy

April 05, 2021, 12:38:39 am
Read 2085 times

Applicant

Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Cakeshammy
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Cakeshammy
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Name: Marcin
Work: logistics

Polish-born but I've spent most of my life in Ireland which really shows in my personality

Class/Spec:

Main Spec - Resto - 220ilevel
I've always enjoyed healing and resto shaman has been my favorite healer along with druid since I started playing WoW and I specifically enjoy shaman healing due to its utility with totems and high output that can be customized with different talent setups to fit almost any fight.
OS- Enhancement - 219ilevel
Great melee dps with a lot of utility.
This is one of my current favorite dps specs in WoW due to its great damage profile especially with the doom winds legendary.
OS- Elemental - 220ilevel
My first favorite class in WoW has an easy rotation but it allows for tweaks here and there to improve performance. unfortunately due to covenants, I have not used this spec much this expansion as i am Venthyr

Resto-
Stats strongly depend on what you wish to archive as far as what stats I use there are two different builds:
verse-crit- this allows for high output over a long fight and its overall better for throughput, this would normally be used on either longer fights or ones with steady damage input e.g. inerva
Hase-verse/crit- this allows for very high throughput on very heavy damage situation where you need a lot of healing in short periods of time e.g.P3 denathrius/sunking

Alts:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/kazzak/saintcake
221ilevel prot pally with holy OS, mostly played in M+ but can raid with it if required. bastion covenant.

Also have warrior/druid tanks, warlock demo, and disc prist alts that are currently low ilevel but can be boosted if required

Professions:

throughout all my alts i have every profession leveled but unfortunately lack any interesting recipes
my main is alch/inscription just for longer flasks.

Raiding Experience:

unfortunately, i do not have a lot of mythic experience but what i have is:
Uldir-
8/8HC 3/8M
BRF-
10/10HC 1/10M
Highmaul-
7/7HC 3/7M
HFC-
10/13HC

this is the only noteworthy progress i have archived in raiding.

Previous Guilds:

LOD(legion of darkness)- i was still in college at the time and i picked up a part-time job and i simply didn't have time to raid at the time

Innocent/ Conjunction- during BFA one guild merged into one and we lost most of the people I wanted to play with and I just stopped enjoying when i realized that i only knew 1 person in my raid team that with how bad that expansion was made me quit.

I have always been an officer/raid leader in those guilds but in shadowlands, I have been raid leading and the guild master of the Kanium guild that with the fact that I was healing has proven very difficult and we recently decided that we will be stopping raiding.

Availability:

I work from 8am to 4:30pm server time every weekday after that I'm available and im free on weekends

Communication:

although my grammar might be terrible I can talk perfectly fine.
I have a good mic and I can use whatever communication software is required.

Computer / Connection:

I use a robust system using two different computers one of which is running all of my background programs like discord etc. therefore I have no issues at all with playing.
and I have fiber optic connection so I should not have any connection issues

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/a/0261AVt - in a raid the bars are at the bottom
Bigwigs- basic bossmod that screams at me when things are about to happen. i also use it with a Weakaura that turns the notifications into a sliding bar as shown https://imgur.com/a/CEKfn8V

Exorsus Raid tools- I raid lead and the note functionality is very useful. also, a lot of the tools it provides are extremely handy.

VuhDo- My healing addon of choice due to the way its easy to customize and because I've used it for a very long time it's hard to swap to any other but those are usually exactly the same

ElvUi- a UI pack that can do everything i want it to do in one tidy package. i am not one to spend hours to make my UI look pretty and this can do it for me especially with imported profiles.

F- Ghostwolf
R-healing Rain
Z/X- trinkets
The giant box i have in the middle of the screen is bound to the side of my mouse

Other Games:

Currently, I don't play much although I am about to start cyberpunk after its 40gb update.
i used to spend a lot of time playing RTS games and MOBAS I have put in an ungodly amount of time and money into dota 2 and I've been playing through all of the Halo games with a friend

Why Iron Edge?

well, to begin I would really like to take raiding more seriously and play at a higher level and unfortunately, I was never able to elevate the guild i was running to that level, and with my current guild stopping its raiding I find this to be a great opportunity to do so.
and I would really like to be a part of a steady raid team.

I have also played a lot with multiple members of the guild and quite enjoy their company.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

i am a very dedicated player with a dark sense of humor that tends to spend his time boosting people through M+ on my tank so i can always help people get their weekly's done.

i can also provide a lot of Irish references that make no sense to anyone outside of UK and confuse the ones in UK due to me being polish.

I can also play almost any class/spec to a decent level except any with combo points (don't ask i see little circles filling up and my brain turns off) and i am always willing to gear whatever we need for raiding as i am mostly always working on some alt

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Squiggles/Mafuya i a long term friend of mine and he reccomended that i apply for a spot in IE

Last Words?

Definitely didn't cheat when asked about the dog owner's name.
and I would like to state that Tea is the best beverage that exists coffee drinkers and people that put milk in their tea should be burned at the stake like filthy heretics they are.

PS.
I am really sorry to anyone that's reading this for my god awful grammar, you poor unfortunate soul.

April 05, 2021, 11:30:21 am
Reply #1

Offline Mafuya

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Cakeshammy
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 11:30:21 am »
i can vouch for this old man

April 05, 2021, 11:37:19 am
Reply #2

Offline Shylar

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 11:37:19 am »
Was going to write I liked your clean UI, was a well written app and had a friend vouching then I read about your atrocious crimes against tea below. Instant decline surely?

I would like to state that Tea is the best beverage that exists coffee drinkers and people that put milk in their tea should be burned at the stake like filthy heretics they are.

"I'm not gay, I just appreciate a good cock when I see one."

April 05, 2021, 11:41:38 am
Reply #3

Offline Nimwen

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 11:41:38 am »
I also vouch for Cake  ;D did a lot of dungeons and hc raids with him, super helpful, chill(ish) and funny!

April 05, 2021, 10:21:58 pm
Reply #4

Offline Ruukhjinai

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 10:21:58 pm »
We played many dungeons and some raids together, he's a great teammate to have. I definitely vouch for him!

April 05, 2021, 10:28:43 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 10:28:43 pm »
You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:42:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

38 Guests, 0 Users