Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -

October 18, 2016, 10:17:14 am
Reply #105

Offline Yoica

• Officer

Re: Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2016, 10:17:14 am »
Purely based on my personal opinion of playstyles, these are my reads from most to least scummy:

1: Hugman
2: Phoenixflame (Reason for #1 and #2 is that I am quite certain one of them is scum, but I don't know which one. So they are both on top of my list atm.

Your reasoning isn't mutually exclusive. In fact I would go to say it actually links them, either both are scum or neither.

October 18, 2016, 10:27:03 am
Reply #106

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2016, 10:27:03 am »
Right day two. First I'll post my thoughts on what occured last night, then I'll post in response to people finger pointing at me with little evidence (on a train to work).

We lost two townies last night Tyler and Shimmar. Shimmar was a waste of space, and cost us our lynch, good riddance. Tyler is a bit more of a shame, having played sereral games with Tyler when he was a townie, he was normally very active, and did a lot to help the town wins by making lots of good posts. This is why his lack of posts last night got him killed.

There are two ways to look at his actions, as town or as Mafia. As town the normally active and constructive poster Tyler is being very quiet with few posts, this makes him look shady, and he becomes a lynch target. As Mafia, the normally active and constructive poster Tyler is being very quiet. They know he is town, so to them it looks like he is deliberately trying to stay out of the focus, and hence they suspect he is a town special role, he gets murdered.

The point is people all town, normal and special role, need to be active and making constructive posts! I can not stress this enough! The ONLY people who benefit from quiet town is Mafia! There is no "holding back out of the limelight, cos you are a special townie" that doesn't work, the Mafia currently has more data to work with then town, and will notice you.

So people who need to start posting a lot more: Mouse, Rashkebab.

Mouse you have done very little cept throw a few half hearted accusations around, and go on to Phoenix when I poked him. Rash as someone who is normally very active on the forums and discord, you haven't posted much at all.

October 18, 2016, 10:31:29 am
Reply #107

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2016, 10:31:29 am »

Vorte, do you have any reads on people that are acting mafia-ish?

Nothing solid that sticks out making me sure, but i lean towards the more role playing ones; Graxlos, Mouseh, Hugman.

Do you have any good reads, Grill?

Gaieos you aren't allowed to edit your posts.

It's funny I tend to feel the same way. That I get more suspicious of the roleplayers, but Im surprised that you put me in that category.

The only real knowledge left is that tyler was killed by the mafia.

So from that we could wonder if the mafia would have tried to kill him during the day or if they were smart enough to divert away from him during the day, to seem innocent the next day.

October 18, 2016, 10:33:01 am
Reply #108

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2016, 10:33:01 am »
Sorry that wasn't very clear, on a phone on a train.

I meant: Gaeios you are not allowed to edit your posts

October 18, 2016, 10:48:58 am
Reply #109

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2016, 10:48:58 am »
I voted for Inexcitus because of the fact that I believe him to be scum, not because I saw an opportunity to lynch a townie (As I am assuming that is where your reasoning is going with the 1 mafia vote for Inexcitus thing).

At the time I voted there were 4 players with 2 votes (See Archz' post above), and I could have tipped any of them over the edge. I didn't choose Shimmar because he was going to be modkilled, I didn't choose Phoenix because I'm honestly not sure about him vs. Hugman and I didn't choose Archz because the arguments against him were even weaker than those against Inexcitus.

This is obviously going to look bad if Inexcitus turns out to be a townie and Archz turns out to be mafia, but my point is that if I were a bad guy I could have chosen to lynch someone that wasn't under suspicion, such as Archz where the only argument was the fact that he was plays a DH. Surely the mafia would want to keep townies under suspicion alive, as they are easy lynch targets in a pinch?

I agree with Inexcitus that the argument against him is weak, but at the time it was the only person I felt I had any reason to claim was scum, from what little information we had to decide on.

Purely based on my personal opinion of playstyles, these are my reads from most to least scummy:

1: Hugman
2: Phoenixflame (Reason for #1 and #2 is that I am quite certain one of them is scum, but I don't know which one. So they are both on top of my list atm.

Your reasoning isn't mutually exclusive. In fact I would go to say it actually links them, either both are scum or neither.

How would them going at each other link them if they were both townies and unaware of the other player's role? I can see why they would pull something like this if they were both bad guys, but not if they were both good guys. I assume the mafia have some sort of separate forum thread or whatsapp group or whatever for scheming and plotting, so that would be the only way they could coordinate the maneuver.

I am open to your input on why that would link them as townies though, I just don't see it.

How about this? I put my vote on Hugman, and we'll see how it plays out from there. He seems to be pushing for town, so either he's playing his role well or he is, in fact, innocent.

October 18, 2016, 10:51:10 am
Reply #110

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2016, 10:51:10 am »
Regarding people being suspicious of me:

First of all, I have been one of the most visually active and pro town in my posts. I am sure you could turn around and go "well yeah, as a Mafia that's exactly the impression you want to be giving, to divert attention". This is a fair point. However, as a vanilla townie the only way I contribute is by making constructive posts, poking people to get responses, which we can then analyse. Frankly all the town players should be doing this. I will repeate it again: the more posts we have from people, the more data we can work with, them more chance the Mafia Fucks up and we get a good lynch.

Secondly posting lists with me at the top "herp derp, because you and Phoenix went at each other and I think that is scummy" as the reason is a bit retarded. I only have my posts to contribute, I tend to find someone, rightly or wrongly and go at them to provoke a response form them. And the I poke harder until I either am convinced they are town, or I feel I have enough data to be confident they are Mafia and push for a lynch. I also watch WHO jumps on my bandwagon when I go after people. Frankly more town should be doing this, some of you are.

With Phoenix I didn't really get much out if the exchange, i may have to do more. However I feel there are still "quiet townies" and thus is far more dangerous right now.

October 18, 2016, 10:56:41 am
Reply #111

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2016, 10:56:41 am »
Sorry, I hope I can be forgiven since it was so shortly after the original post.

It is a very interesting thing this game and the strategies. Hugman is so adamant about teaching people how to play, which would be a good way to try to put himself in the clear without really doing any damage to the mafia.

I think in general, if newbies become mafia they tend to be a bit too quiet. But hugman is no noob at this game.

I think the reads on tyler are a bit silly taken his changed RL situation in to account.

I think the only somewhat logical derivations so far were Yoicas. We should look at the final postcount before the night started.

The fact that grilly still tries to imply that Inexcitus could be mafia makes him very suspicious to me. The mafia would never sacrifice one of 3 players on night one, which such an even votecount.

Bears like alts!

October 18, 2016, 10:58:47 am
Reply #112

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2016, 10:58:47 am »
And I will take a posting break until the the workday is over, as I said from before the game, I cant sit posting all day at work.

Bears like alts!

October 18, 2016, 11:09:23 am
Reply #113

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2016, 11:09:23 am »
@ Hugman, You are correct, but we can only base it on info we have and not info we don't have. Day 2 has only just started and we have 2 RL days before it ends so there is plenty of time for everyone to post more and for opinions to change.

@Grill, Rereading everything from the start I think you are partial correct. Either both are mafia or 1 of them is. I come back on the idea both are townies. Personally I'm leaning more to both being mafia.

October 18, 2016, 11:11:35 am
Reply #114

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2016, 11:11:35 am »

I think the reads on tyler are a bit silly taken his changed RL situation in to account.

Not sure what you mean by that. My only point was Tyler was quiet, he drew Mafia suspcion, he got murdered, town post more.
And I will take a posting break until the the workday is over, as I said from before the game, I cant sit posting all day at work.

Me too, at work, might post at lunch otherwise later.

Still waiting on posts from Rash and Mouse...

October 18, 2016, 11:14:07 am
Reply #115

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2016, 11:14:07 am »
Erm Yoica daye ends tonight 10pm UK time!

October 18, 2016, 11:22:49 am
Reply #116

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2016, 11:22:49 am »
Oh shit, for some reason I had 48 hrs/24hrs cycle stuck in my mind.

October 18, 2016, 11:48:37 am
Reply #117

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2016, 11:48:37 am »
The fact that grilly still tries to imply that Inexcitus could be mafia makes him very suspicious to me. The mafia would never sacrifice one of 3 players on night one, which such an even votecount.

Why is it suspicious that I still think Inexcitus could be mafia? Has he said or done anything that indicates he's not?

I don't really understand your last sentence, are you implying that sacrificing Inexcitus would be to sacrifice a mafia?
Or are you implying that since Shimmar was a townie and Inexcitus voted for him, that clears Inexcitus of suspicion?
Or are you perhaps saying that if I were mafia, Inexcitus must be townie? I could understand that reasoning, but in any case it's the other way around.

Forgive my messy post, I am honestly just trying to understand what you are getting at.

October 18, 2016, 12:14:28 pm
Reply #118

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2016, 12:14:28 pm »
Most of the day and until your vote, Inexcitus was the one being lynched.

Mafia did nothing to try to shift votes to someone else. Then your vote insured his demise unless atleast two votes shifted. Then vorte shifted his vote to Shimmar which made no difference since Inexcitus was already at 3 votes.

It isnt unheard of that mafia would sacrifice a player, but it would seem totally useless at this stage of the game since it wouldn't really put anyone in the clear since the beginning is so random.

I'm really wondering if you are strategically playing dumb.

Bears like alts!

October 18, 2016, 12:58:18 pm
Reply #119

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2016, 12:58:18 pm »
To be honest i feel we should scrutinize the people that voted for Shimmar some more, most of all because it was a sort of "safe" vote, mostly because he was getting killed anyway and us thinking we'd still get a lynch makes it a bit of a safe vote in my eyes.

So the voters were arches kili and vorte

Arches stands out for me because he changed his vote from someone else to shimmar.

Also fuck phone posting.
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:13:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

293 Guests, 1 User
Oni