Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -

October 18, 2016, 01:32:20 pm
Reply #120

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2016, 01:32:20 pm »
I feel I did a good job explaining my vote. First I voted for Tyler since he had yet to write anything, and then I changed it to Shimmar since at the time I felt that for the first day a lynch and a mod kill would really hurt us, since chances are that we would lynch a townie.

But yeah it sticks out as a "safe vote", something I pointed out was a common mafia strategy for someone who aren't very experienced, and I acknowledged that.

I'm heading off to work now, gotta work in some time to read over what everyone has posted one more time, but my spidey senses hasn't tingled yet. Either gotta jump on someone that feels suspicious, or on someone that barely posts at all and hope they're not a cop trying to fly under the radar.

October 18, 2016, 01:48:59 pm
Reply #121

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2016, 01:48:59 pm »
I clearly stated that it isn't a safe vote, it's a useless one! Particularly because we were all under the assumption there would a mod-kill AND a lynching. Your vote on Shimmar only gave more voting power to the mafia which thankfully wasn't used effectively due to how the rule around not voting is different than we thought.

October 18, 2016, 02:24:37 pm
Reply #122

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2016, 02:24:37 pm »
I am leaving for work, and won't be able to do too many posts until late this evening. I'm going to place my vote on Rash for now, only to make him come out of the woodwork and post something.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

October 18, 2016, 02:37:53 pm
Reply #123

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2016, 02:37:53 pm »
Looks like I'm pretty high on the suspect list for some of you. I originally joined in to vote for someone that had a reason to vote for (and I still agree - narrators do appear to be very active without saying much, it's a good mafia strategy).
On the other hand I have to say that as soon as I cast my vote I've been strongly accused by Mouseh, with Tyler also voting for me. Then Tyler dies. Come on, this is too easy! They're trying to frame me by eliminating one of my voters. And I suspect Mouseh's accusation was to get an innocent townie on board that they could safely kill, putting me in a bad light and getting another townie lynching going. That's why I'm voting for Mouseh. Gotta say though, it's a good plan.

October 18, 2016, 03:02:47 pm
Reply #124

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2016, 03:02:47 pm »
Most of the day and until your vote, Inexcitus was the one being lynched.

Mafia did nothing to try to shift votes to someone else. Then your vote insured his demise unless atleast two votes shifted. Then vorte shifted his vote to Shimmar which made no difference since Inexcitus was already at 3 votes.

It isnt unheard of that mafia would sacrifice a player, but it would seem totally useless at this stage of the game since it wouldn't really put anyone in the clear since the beginning is so random.

I'm really wondering if you are strategically playing dumb.

If not taking what you wrote into account is being strategically dumb, then that's one thing I'm guilty of. Let me stress that I thought I only had 13 minutes to post a vote, so I quickly read, re-read and came to a conclusion.

I didn't consider the fact that no-one tried to shift votes away from Inexcitus, as I was simply going on a hunch. My hunch is not gone, but it does of course weaken when you clarify things for me as you did above.

I am trying to stir the hive here, but I won't be voting for Inexcitus again today partially because of the point you just made.

October 18, 2016, 03:07:08 pm
Reply #125

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2016, 03:07:08 pm »
Thanks for the random vote Vorte, you "got me out" :P

Rash as someone who is normally very active on the forums and discord, you haven't posted much at all.
I can assure you my low post count is entirely because of time constraints. Despite Hugman being very active, I don't believe he's mafia, he's clearly trying to get to the bottom of this and win. But if I'm gonna be honest, I don't think there are any good points being made at all, nothing is even remotely convincing to me.

I wanna see what Kili has to contribute to the conversation today, though.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

October 18, 2016, 03:07:36 pm
Reply #126

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2016, 03:07:36 pm »
I been trying to get some posts up from work, but pretty busy day, getting interrupted all the time. I took some notes tho. What I got so far:

- Kili was going to get lynched at the end of the day (we thought there was going to be modkill+lynch), but mafia did close to nothing to prevent that. Makes me think that hes a townie.
- "safe votes" as in votes for tyler (was inactive for most of the day) and shimmar, especially late switches to him should be taken as hints.
- assassination of tyler during the night - "safe kill?" Killing someone whos clearly pretty busy irl, didn't contribute much that 1st day, wasn't aggressive towards anyone specific. He agreed with me that Phoenix was suspicious and thats about it. Makes me think one or more of Mafia members knew Tyler very well, played with him in the past and knew hes pretty good at the game and highly intelligent. Someone who knew he could be a big threat for them. We are looking for an old school IEdger! That might narrow the list a little.

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

October 18, 2016, 03:32:15 pm
Reply #127

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2016, 03:32:15 pm »
And maybe even narrower, to someone that isn't active on irc and therefore aware that he is a lot more busy than earlier games with family life.
I been trying to get some posts up from work, but pretty busy day, getting interrupted all the time. I took some notes tho. What I got so far:

- Kili was going to get lynched at the end of the day (we thought there was going to be modkill+lynch), but mafia did close to nothing to prevent that. Makes me think that hes a townie.
- "safe votes" as in votes for tyler (was inactive for most of the day) and shimmar, especially late switches to him should be taken as hints.
- assassination of tyler during the night - "safe kill?" Killing someone whos clearly pretty busy irl, didn't contribute much that 1st day, wasn't aggressive towards anyone specific. He agreed with me that Phoenix was suspicious and thats about it. Makes me think one or more of Mafia members knew Tyler very well, played with him in the past and knew hes pretty good at the game and highly intelligent. Someone who knew he could be a big threat for them. We are looking for an old school IEdger! That might narrow the list a little.

Bears like alts!

October 18, 2016, 03:36:40 pm
Reply #128

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2016, 03:36:40 pm »
"Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post."   I can barely keep up :P Lets see..

Looks like I'm pretty high on the suspect list for some of you. I originally joined in to vote for someone that had a reason to vote for (and I still agree - narrators do appear to be very active without saying much, it's a good mafia strategy).
On the other hand I have to say that as soon as I cast my vote I've been strongly accused by Mouseh, with Tyler also voting for me. Then Tyler dies. Come on, this is too easy! They're trying to frame me by eliminating one of my voters. And I suspect Mouseh's accusation was to get an innocent townie on board that they could safely kill, putting me in a bad light and getting another townie lynching going. That's why I'm voting for Mouseh. Gotta say though, it's a good plan.

"Strongly accused by Mouseh" - I asked you why were you pushing Hugman to vote, and not start voting yourself. It was a legit question. I can think only of one reason why would you think it was a strong accusation.  ;)

And this whole story of how you were 'framed' its so ridiculous and far-fetched. Let see if I got this right, the reason Tyler was eliminated is because he voted for you, so mafia thought they fo sure gonna incriminate you by assassinating him? Imagine if they kill me next night, you gonna be DOUBLE FRAMED OMG! :D

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

October 18, 2016, 03:55:32 pm
Reply #129

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2016, 03:55:32 pm »
I don't think it's far fetched at all from experience those are the kind of plays that ensure a mafia victory.

October 18, 2016, 05:22:33 pm
Reply #130

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2016, 05:22:33 pm »
I should have cleared up what i meant by "safe" vote, as you said yoica it isn't a safe vote if you are town, it's a wasted vote and quite frankly bad for town to vote for him.
It is however a safe vote for mafia, mostly because it's a nonvote, trying to steer people to vote for someone at day one is very hard for mafia therefor voting for a quiet person is generally a safe vote.

I am going to vote for Archz, the reason why is mostly very clear to me, his 2 votes are very suspicious to me especially him switching from tyler a quiet person to shimmar another quiet person.
by 2 votes i mean the one he changed from Tyler (a quiet person) to shimmar (a dumb quiet person)

Anyway my list from most suspicious to least goes as follows

1) Archz.
2) Vorte, reason bieng him complimenting archz and brushing it off because he knows him in real life, also voted for shimmar first day a wasted vote
3) Inexitus, he also voted for shimmar and contributed very little so far.
4) Grilldyret, mostly because of his 2 questions/statements regarding power role, this could be ignorance on his part but bieng paraniod old me i will go for malice wanting to know who the cop is.
Also him putting himself below dead people on his list doesn't sit right with me.
5) Pheonixflame, anyone going on about how he is bieng set up is a bit suspicious to me especially on the first day.
6) Hugman, he is not out of the woods yet but he has been getting a more town vibe from me the more he posts, and as we all can see he does post a lot.
7) Mouseh, hasn't said an awfull lot so it is very hard to get a read on her.
8) Yoica, so far most of what he has done has been for the good of the town.
9) Graxlos, same as above really.

I feel like i am forgetting someone, anyway those are my reads so far, could be completely wrong so take it with a grain of salt
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

October 18, 2016, 05:38:22 pm
Reply #131

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2016, 05:38:22 pm »
Grish, I was doing the exact opposite of trying to find the cop, by suggesting that it stays quiet for now. I was also just throwing out a suggestion for who might need a doctor save, I don't see how this is ignorant of me.

As for the list, I just figured that I should put myself in there after I finished compiling it, please don't read anything into it :)

Phone posting now, I'll be back later for the last couple of hours of the day!

October 18, 2016, 06:14:47 pm
Reply #132

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2016, 06:14:47 pm »
Voting so far:

Post by: Yoica on October 18, 2016, 10:14:19 am
##VOTE : Phoenixflame

Post by: Grilldyret on October 18, 2016, 10:50:31 am
##VOTE : Hugman

Post by: Gaeios(Graxlos) on October 18, 2016, 10:57:32 am
##VOTE : Grilldyret

Post by: Vorte on October 18, 2016, 02:25:17 pm
##VOTE : Rashkebab

Post by: Phoenixflame on October 18, 2016, 02:38:38 pm
##VOTE: Mouseh

Post by: Grishnag on October 18, 2016, 05:34:18 pm
##VOTE : Archz

Bringing the current standing to:

Phoenixflame - 1
Hugman - 1
Grilldyret - 1
Rashkebab - 1
Mouseh - 1
Archz - 1

Right now I'm a bit skeptical to either Grish or Grilldyret, I don't agree with the whole "long list of suspects" considering that there's only 3 mafia, and you're just spreading more doubt than there are badguys and that doesn't feel like good townie play

October 18, 2016, 06:24:37 pm
Reply #133

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2016, 06:24:37 pm »
I think Grishnag makes a good point about Archz and his safe voting, but I'm still gonna wait and see what Inexitus has to offer before I put my vote in today.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

October 18, 2016, 06:56:12 pm
Reply #134

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2016, 06:56:12 pm »
I feel my reasoning is falling on deaf ears.

My first thought was that we could get the majority to lynch Shimmar, then we would just get a lynch instead of a modkill (dead is dead). I felt that this was the way to go since we had nothing to go for at the first day. Grish was perfectly happy lynching Graxlos on the first day and now he's at the bottom of his suspicion list. Yoica thought that voting for someone getting lynched would result in that vote not being counted and a real lynch would go through on the player not being mod killed. We were both wrong, and this wasn't clarified until after the day was over.

The reason I went back on my decision in retrospect was that lynching an AFK player would basically give the mafia a head start and I wasn't sure how much we'd be able to learn from our special roles over the night. Now since it's clarified that the cop can't contact anyone outside of the forum, he would have to go forward at some point if he found a mafia, and then we'd have to have the medic alive and pray he doesn't get role blocked.

Going forward:

We are dropping like flies. If we lynch another townie, which we very well might since we're so divided, the mafia can easily drop in an extra vote or two on someone of the six we have on the roster atm, we will most likely tomorrow be 6 townies vs 3 mafia. And the chances increase that they will get one of our blues.

What I'm proposing is that our named town, vigilante or bodyguard comes forward and gains protection from the doctor. I think we can at least all agree upon this being smart if he's on the voting roster. At this point I think the cop should only come forward once he finds a mafia. If he comes forward and says who he found to be townie, then he would need protection and the verified townie would probably be killed that first night, but here I'm open for input

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:59:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

297 Guests, 0 Users