Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Warlock Application: Decayus

November 02, 2008, 09:19:13 pm
Read 4468 times

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

Warlock Application: Decayus
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:19:13 pm »
Hello Iron Edge!
I've decided to take my chances and apply to you once again, hopefully this time around my stay will be a little longer  :-*

Note: I'm aware of the fact that you have an application template, but I thought making my own with more up to date pre-WotLK relevant stuff would be better.

Reason for leaving/applying
In short it is the absence of the 'winning' mentality in a lot of the raiders in So What that is the main reason for me wanting to leave them.
I believe that Iron Edge has a better player base than So What and why wouldn't you, since you're ahead of them even if you raid less, those are the people I want to raid with.
I might seem as sort of an elitist idealist, but I think Delling has a little bit of Hitler in him too :D
I want to play with great players that share my ambition and raiding goals!
(If needed I can go into further detail)

Real life
My real name is Eyðstein Lützen, I'm 20 years old and live in the Faroe Islands. I'm attending the Faroese equivalent to a high school and it's my final year. I'm a gymnastics coach and I also practice a little bit of Free Running and Tricking. Gaming also takes up a huge chunk of my time, I've been playing computers since as far back as I can remember. In fact; our household was one of the first in my city to actually have a pc. So I know my way around the keyboard!
This is me having a chat with Ronald McDonald in the lowest McDonald's Restaurant in the world! (400m below water level):

Schedule/Raiding Time
Note: We use GMT in the Faroes, which means we're 1 hour behind Server Time. The following times are Server Time.
I have school from 9:15 to 16:00 in weekdays, and on fridays I coach gymnastics from 18:30 to 24:00 and on saturday whenever I want. Possibly coaching some upcoming tuesdays aswell, but that will be from 16:00 to 17:30.
So I'm free all days except fridays from 16:00 to whenver, but I'd like to get atleast 5 hours of sleep every day, I am human afterall  :-[

World of Warcraft History
I started playing back in August 2005, my friend Caeelin introduced it to me, I quickly leveled to 60 and started raiding, this was when I was in ninth/tenth grade in school, after I was done I went and got a job and went sailing (yarr!), after having worked for a few months I went to Denmark to a gymnastics school, was there for 6 months. (TBC came out at that time which is why I was so slow to 70.)

When I came back from school in Denmark I started playing seriously again. I went to join Legion of Lost Souls and worked my way up to join you guys at one point, but it wasn't a great time for me to join as some of you might know (I can elaborate if needed).
I left you guys to created In Virtue, the best Faroese guild in WoW history, it worked great to start with, but we couldn't afford people to quit, but they did and there simply wasn't enough competent people on the server, so there was no choice other than to disband.
At the moment I'm in So What, I joined it mostly because some of my Faroese friends were in it, pretty fast I was promoted to Class Leader and Officer.

Character Information
Armory: Decayus
I have 212 days played as I write this application, I've tried my fair share of pve and pvp and I can pretty much say I've mastered the class when it comes to pve. As you can see on my armory I have maxed out all my professions and I have a lot of cool recipes and formulas to share with you, but I won't go into detail with that. I've raided everything up to Kil'jaeden, and been leading through a bunch of it. I'm not a theorycraft expert, but I read all the warlock forums about how to do our role the best we can.

Hardware/Software
My computer specs:
2.4Ghz Intel Core2 Quad Core CPU
nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GPU
3GB DDR2 RAM
24" monitor 1920x1200 resolution
2mb dsl internet connection (stable)

Also have a good keyboard, mouse, headphones, speakers (able to speak on ventrilo/teamspeak) and a 1TB external HDD for our storing movies ;)
Essential raid addons I use are: Omen3, ClassTimer, Deadly Boss Mods, oRa2, Quartz.

This is my UI: Playerframe to the left, focus in the middle, casting bar is right above the actionbars, target and target's target to the right. Omen and Grid are in the lower right corner and recount is between my chat log and my actionbars.

Recruit me beacause...
I aim to be the best, I have a very fast reaction time and am able to keep my head cool during high-stress situations. Naturally I have all my abilities keybound and I use alot of macros to maximize performance. I have a lot of experience in just about every aspect of the game, be it arranging/leading raids, leading guilds, farming, questing, instancing, PvE, PvP, you name it, I've done it. I come prepared to raids, bringing all the possible flasks, elixirs, potions and whatever else might be needed for an encounter.
I have a great computer setup and I'm an amateur movie maker, I have fraps and can fraps all bossfights without it affecting my performance to a dangerous extent.
I level fast and can be pretty hardcore when needed. I don't go out all that much and I'm very reliable. I always farm the newest and best formulas/recipes for my professions. I can read and speak just about flawless English, I think?
Also: I can play a warrior or perhaps a Death Knight, you're not only recruiting a great warlock, but a superb tank/dps'ing warrior/dk!

You can reach me in-game or on MSN/e-mail at Eylzen@hotmail.com.

I promise I won't make the mistake of leaving you guys again  ;D

If I forgot something please tell, and feel free to ask questions.

- D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:33:50 pm by Decay »
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

November 02, 2008, 09:57:35 pm
Reply #1

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

Re: Warlock Application: Decayus
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 09:57:35 pm »
I think I remember you from my tiny raiding part, you were pretty good.
However, my opinion does not matter, soothe Goza the german!

Do you play dota?

November 02, 2008, 10:06:57 pm
Reply #2

Eyehole

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 10:06:57 pm »
Well written & GL !

November 02, 2008, 10:22:12 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 10:22:12 pm »
Ah, there's the king of all applications.

This is part of my 'recruit a raider' drive, rather than 'recruit X class'.

I would be very happy to see Decayus as part of the IE raiding crew. He fills all of my requirements, and I'm sure he'll satisfy my every need.

I am interested to see how the class numbers work out in WOTLK, but I just have to trust Blizzard and assume I'll be able to run 4 warlocks and 1 DK, and not feel a negative impact.

I guess we won't know until we actually hit 80 and start raiding... but it's a risk easily worth taking, with a player of this quality.

-D
Now I run a tech website.

November 02, 2008, 10:30:50 pm
Reply #4

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 10:30:50 pm »
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooobs...

And no I don't play DotA, however I play CS! I have Orange Box :D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

November 02, 2008, 10:40:34 pm
Reply #5

Eyehole

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 10:40:34 pm »
HE SAID BOOBS!

LETS INVITE HIM PLEASEEEEEEEE!

November 03, 2008, 01:10:09 am
Reply #6

Offline Thoramon

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 01:10:09 am »
Good luck with your application Decayus .

November 03, 2008, 01:42:43 am
Reply #7

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 01:42:43 am »
DECAYUS SMELLS =) hai mejt, good luck with application!
DELLING SAID I COULDN'T HAVE MORE GIFS!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/
BICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS!

November 03, 2008, 03:34:42 am
Reply #8

Offline Shapa

• Guild Member

• Sapa SMASH

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 03:34:42 am »
I must say that i don't know him trough the game but reading this application was really nice..
Good luck with application

November 03, 2008, 06:42:42 am
Reply #9

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 06:42:42 am »
Great application, but... CS player and non-dota player?

I don't see how we can work with that at all.

What about TF2? And planning on Left 4 Dead? Or maybe CoD4?

November 03, 2008, 10:49:21 am
Reply #10

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 10:49:21 am »
Buying dota is a mandatory part of your trial.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 03, 2008, 11:08:42 am
Reply #11

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 11:08:42 am »
No it isn't! Warlocks are exempt from all your silly DOTA rules!

Anyway Decayus is already in the guild, so welcome!

November 03, 2008, 01:23:30 pm
Reply #12

Eyehole

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 01:23:30 pm »
yer welcome! atleast some basic knowledge of dota will be good for him !

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:10:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 1 User
hemoroidtv