Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 A DPS DK, Razh (xrealm)

September 18, 2009, 07:34:22 pm
Read 3587 times

Offline razmataz

• Vendor Trash

A DPS DK, Razh (xrealm)
« on: September 18, 2009, 07:34:22 pm »
Hey, as mentioned above i am applying from Eonar, and do also understand that your guild is very much community-based and values history on dunemaul. i hope the fact that i would be transfering doesnt impede too much on my app :-[

Personal Info

My name is Marc and i live near Manchester, England. I'd much prefer to not post many personal infos right here- don't take me as homophobic, i'm just shy at heart; you can ask me anytime in-game.

Character Info

My character is Blood specced (51/0/20) with blood tanking dualspec. I often spec unholy when the amazing aoe (for dks atleast) is needed, like for anub and such fights. My tank gear is admittedly not amazing but being worked on, yet it would probably never be my main spec anyway.

Armory: clicky!

Being blood, i bring superior single target dps, and buffs such as HoW and abom's might (tho enhance shammies have almost all dk buffs in one.. bar ebon plague *shakes fist*). I much prefer blood over other dps specs because the rotation has much more freedom in it that the very rigid DW frost spec, and also brings with it alot of personal survivability to be exploited :D I must also say i'm selfish and prefer to keep hysteria to myself.

I've played a mage as main through vanilla and half of TBC, then holy pally for the rest. Out of all the characters, i enjoy playing a dk the most by far for many many reasons (most importantly the riggedness of being able to solo almost anything).

Raiding

I can generally play any time after 18:00 (server time) on weekdays and any time at all at the weekends; if any event or happening's coming up i can inform in advance. I generally try to get everything done before a raid, but it'd be great to think a guild allows 1 or 2 rest days now and then.

If anything more needs to be said here just ask.

Gaming/WoW History

Before WoW, I spent most of my gaming playing rts games- starcraft, age of empires, total war, dawn of war, wc3.. just about anything you could mention. After your typical quick dose of runescape, i moved on to wow shortly after it was released after playing a trial period. Up to this point i had never played anything terribly competitvely.

In vanilla, i casually leveled a mage to 60, then raided ZG/MC/BWL/AQ20 until the guild i was in disbanded because of slack. With the release of TBC I joined the guild Aeon which i have been in ever since, and during TBC cleared ZA(only 3 chests)/SSC/TK(bar kael)/MH(up to anetheron)/najentus in BT. I understand that up to the point of WOTLK i didnt really have any exactly "hardcore" experience, but i had never been in such guilds and was happy to raid socially rather than like a job until the wall breaks down from me hitting my head against it so much.

My progress in WOTLK is:
Pre3.1- glory of the raider (10 man) and nothing serious on 25 man except maybe sarth 3d
3.1- almost glory of the ulduar raider (10 man)- i took a break from wow just before summer and missed the rush to get firefighter and yogg +1 and have never been able to pick up slackers to do them since. in 25 man i only achieved razor, ignis and XT meta achievement parts- having missed out on fl+4 and kologarn.
3.2- cleared totc like everybody else, since its arguably the easiest raid blizz have introduced (ok naxx was worse than faceroll), and no attempts at heroic as of yet.

Why do I want to join IE

Since many of my friends have left the guild i have been in for a very long time, i have decided to move on and finally see progression as it is. I understand my experience may seem slightly below average for hardmodes, but (not wanting to sound cocky) i feel like i have been held back for a long time. The reason my guild never progressed majorly far was as a result of dragging around tards who still dont seem to understand the generally mechanics of a dragon... to say the least. After a long and extensive search for a guild I found IE, and found its raid times to suit me very well, and was happy to find a guild that didnt raid 5/6 days a week. I hope you understand my reasons for wanting to join this guild, and hope that i would not dissapoint.
Dunemaul also seems like a more than decent server ;D

What do I offer to IE?

Dedicated dps raider. I'm willing to adapt and play any job the raid would require. While i'm often quiet, I'll always be happy to talk to people and help them (passes the time of idling in dalaran), always hope i can fit in. I also enjoy my fair share of peeveepee, while not prioritising it ofc

Last Words

\o/... owait thats not a word; thanks for reading my app!

September 18, 2009, 09:15:29 pm
Reply #1

Kilizion

Re: A DPS DK, Razh (xrealm)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:15:29 pm »
Hey, good app dude. We have a few Mancunians in the guild that would welcome you here. A bit more about yourself personally might be needed as well, speaking from experience the guild likes to know a little bit more that just peoples name and were they are from etc. But anyway good luck with your app.

Peace.

September 18, 2009, 11:46:23 pm
Reply #2

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:46:23 pm »
I ain't having no homophobes in my darn guild.
Now I run a tech website.

September 19, 2009, 05:01:57 am
Reply #3

Kilizion

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 05:01:57 am »
Are you a red or a blue?

September 19, 2009, 10:40:11 am
Reply #4

Offline razmataz

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 10:40:11 am »
um ok, i'm 18 and work part time in a shop on saturdays so you could scratch the anytime saturday part. in upper sixth form at school where i'm studying maths, physics, art and the like since i want to become an architect. apart from gaming i just go out to hang with mates. you guys put a lot of pressure on shy people :'(

thar u go, but i have decided to withdraw my app because i'm going to join a guild on Hellscream with some irl friends- but thanks for considering my app

for the record, i'm a red

September 19, 2009, 11:11:28 am
Reply #5

Offline Comrade Nox

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 11:11:28 am »
later skater.

September 19, 2009, 02:11:46 pm
Reply #6

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 02:11:46 pm »
Well that was over quickly...

Have fun!
Now I run a tech website.

September 19, 2009, 05:12:46 pm
Reply #7

Kilizion

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 05:12:46 pm »
Aw a red and a possible new friend. :( Tyler would have loved him.

September 21, 2009, 11:58:41 am
Reply #8

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 11:58:41 am »
Why does he think we are all faggots?

September 21, 2009, 01:23:49 pm
Reply #9

Offline cobratix

• Former Member

• pokerface

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 01:23:49 pm »
who care about guys like this one ...

gajaja: "Ja kad sam se ranije alkoholisao uvek sam sa sobom nosio otvarach za konzerve?"
Are you on crack?
emo (//_-)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:00:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

241 Guests, 0 Users