Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Ashiro PvP Application

January 24, 2011, 05:37:46 pm
Read 9380 times

Offline Ashiro

• Community Member

Ashiro PvP Application
« on: January 24, 2011, 05:37:46 pm »

Personal Information:

Name: Boris
Nationality: Dutch

A little background story:

So hello there, My name is Boris and I'm from Holland. I'm currently not following any college and basically I'm 'looking' for a temporary job but the motivation to do that actively seems to be lacking right now.

I started discovering online games back in the year 2000 when my brother bought Diablo 2 which I've spent countless of hours in back then. A couple of years later World of Warcraft was released, I was skeptical at first about this whole game but couldn't resist buying it anyways. Slowly Blizzard managed to get me hooked to this game and from playing 1-2 hours per day it quickly went up to 6-8+ During Vanilla I used to play on the realm: Hellscream, where I've had a Human warlock, and an Orc Hunter on (Yep, it was a normal realm ;) ). I slowly started getting into pre-made battlegrounds on my Hunter where I've managed to get Lieutenant General on.

When the conversion started and items went from being obtainable by rank, to purchasable by honor I stopped playing the Hunter and created a character on Dunemaul to play with several friends.

By the time I got active on Dunemaul The Burning Crusade was about to hit, and I then leveled my Rogue up to 70. After doing this and doing the first few entry raids I got quiet inactive and stopped playing for a while. I have to admitt I didn't get much into arena back then and school was consuming to much time to be active.

During Wrath of the Lich King I came back as a Hunter, and proceeded to raid Ulduar and Trial of the Crusader along with the guild: First Blood who was later merged with Rigor Mortis. The feeling to raid rapidly went away when I geared up my Paladin and play some arena during season 8. However I didn't reach an extremly high rating inthere and it's probably not on par with most PvP-team members from Iron Edge with a mere rating a 1951 in 3v3 (Holy Paladin / Frost Mage / Destruction Warlock).

I was really excited when I first heard about rated battlegrounds coming back to WoW as it was the most joyful time I had back in vanilla. I leveled up my Warlock and met xxmutli in-game who'd created the guild: Behaviorism. We got a couple of runs going with some ups and downs and lacking a couple of players everyday but still managed to get a decent win ratio. Behaviorism quickly fell apart after 2 weeks with people going in-active and only a core of around 5 players showing up during the days rated battlegrounds were planned.

Anyhow, the story seems to be getting pretty long now it's time for some actual information now.

Character Information:

Character Name: Ashiro http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/ashiro/advanced
Class: Warlock
Race: Undead
Current Spec: Affliction
Current Rated BG rating: 1938 (Centurion rank)
Current Arena Ratings: 2v2: 1902 / 3v3: 1837
(My current 3v3 rating doesn't appear to be updated on the armory by the looks of it)
Picture of my UI for whoever is interested: http://img545.imageshack.us/i/uiscreen.jpg/

Cataclysm Guild History:

- Behaviorism
- I'll do it my way (Created by some in-game friends, nothing active though)

What can I bring to Iron Edge?

A highly active player, dedicated to advance in rated battlegrounds. Online alot and always in for a talk on Ventrilo/Teamspeak or in-game ;)

Why did I decide to apply to Iron Edge?

I've been in the group with several members of your guild who seemed to perform very well during battlegrounds, and I heard you're still looking for active players for the rated battleground team.

I understand my arena rating is probably not living up to the expectations as of right now, but I'm trying to improve it as much as I can, when my team-mates are available to play.

Thanks for reading my application, if you have any questions go ahead :)

January 24, 2011, 05:52:29 pm
Reply #1

Offline Eluneap0p

• Former Member

Re: Ashiro PvP Application
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 05:52:29 pm »
Not the highest exp in arena, but you seem like a nice guy and with your current RBG rating you seem like your focused in RBG which is the most importent part of rbg :)..
anyways GL with apply!

January 24, 2011, 06:00:05 pm
Reply #2

Offline Mekky

• Former Member

• MekLOL

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 06:00:05 pm »
Nice application.

Remove your menubar from your UI !

Good luck with it mate.
You think you can take me? You need a fucking army if you gonna take me!

Tony Montana

www.Protonica.de - BEST MUSIC EU !!

January 24, 2011, 06:18:04 pm
Reply #3

Offline Superchan

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 06:18:04 pm »
Nice application albeit low arena exp. We have a ton of warlocks in the RBG team atm, but GL nonetheless.

January 24, 2011, 06:21:35 pm
Reply #4

Offline Bornwild

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 06:21:35 pm »
Nice apply.
U seem like a friendly guy. Altho we have like 3-4 warlocks already for rated BG, but who knows theres spot for moar. Can't have enuf fears errr..?!
Goodluck on ur apply!

January 24, 2011, 06:43:24 pm
Reply #5

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »
re: having lots of one class already -- you can always replace downs with less-downs.
Now I run a tech website.

January 24, 2011, 06:48:55 pm
Reply #6

Offline xxMutli

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 06:48:55 pm »
I know this guy!! He was in my old guild Behaviorism.

Imo .. i believe he is one of the top warlocks on dunemaul atm. His arena teams ain't that high - but his rated BG raiting is. I believe he could be good for the team.

Recall that he is always on time, and ready when we did get rated BGs up. A stable, consistent player.

Hmm.... Since we also got rated 15.BGs we need good players. And he is definitely one of the top warlocks we could get.

January 24, 2011, 08:07:27 pm
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 08:07:27 pm »
Hey mate, nice application. Always nice to see someone taking the time to make an application.

Your ratings do seem a little low. However your English is good, your character is completely taken care of, and you're dutch!

We indeed have a lot of warlocks, though. I can't guarantee a spot for you on the A-team in 10man because of the set up. You'll probably be able to get a spot on 15man A-team and 10/15man B-team. Being a reliable and stable player will get you in the A-team 10man sooner or later anyway. And in the meantime you don't have to worry about keeping up with ratings, because you will still have the opportunity to do rated battlegrounds about twice per week.

I'm gonna let your application sit here for about 24 hours after you posted it, in case someone has anything to say or add. After that, feel free to poke me or another officer for an invite.

Hope to see you in Rated BG's soon! (get teamspeak working and try to catch up on strategies in the meantime :))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:57:35 am by Therash »
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 24, 2011, 08:19:59 pm
Reply #8

Offline Ashiro

• Community Member

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 08:19:59 pm »
Thanks everyone.

Will try and raise my ratings as soon as possible once my Resto Shaman free's up some time to get online ;)

January 24, 2011, 10:08:16 pm
Reply #9

Conserr

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 10:08:16 pm »
Hai man, awesome to see you applied :)

Anyways, he's good get him in, did some Rated bg's with him and he did quite good Imo so he would be a great new addition to our PvP team!
SEE U S??N!!
 :terran :terran :zerg :protoss

January 24, 2011, 10:23:56 pm
Reply #10

Offline Ashiro

• Community Member

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 10:23:56 pm »
Hai man, awesome to see you applied :)

Anyways, he's good get him in, did some Rated bg's with him and he did quite good Imo so he would be a great new addition to our PvP team!
SEE U S??N!!
 :terran :terran :zerg :protoss

Thanks Conser, hoping to play by your side soon :)

January 24, 2011, 11:22:41 pm
Reply #11

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 11:22:41 pm »
Trial by fire imo, let's go mlp RIGHT NOW
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

January 24, 2011, 11:31:31 pm
Reply #12

Offline Cinn

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 11:31:31 pm »
mediocre ratings but a decent apply

gl with the trial

(GET GOOD AND COME FOR SOME MAGE LOCK PRIEST UPCOMING PATCH)

rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1rank1
Ya little light niggas couldn't feed my shadows

January 25, 2011, 12:40:32 am
Reply #13

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 12:40:32 am »

yeah, heard great things about you from Mutli!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:46:18 am by Therash »
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 25, 2011, 12:41:39 am
Reply #14

Offline Ashiro

• Community Member

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 12:41:39 am »
yeah, heard great things about you from Mutli!

I think my exhaust bind is nearly broken on my keyboard right now :P

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:17:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 0 Users