Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Baby - Frost Mage

April 18, 2011, 01:42:32 am
Reply #15

BabyDragon

Re: Baby - Frost Mage
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 01:42:32 am »
To elaborate; Every single season has been dominated by healer + dps in 2v2, and the only double dps viable setups were shadow priest + rogue and mage + rogue. There is a reason 2v2 yields nothing no more, they gave up on it, it's accepted as shit and unbalanced. Why do you then play this bracket and not 3v3, or the bigger and baderer twin, 5v5?

And saying that rbg's are "way more difficult than arena" is just pure ignorance, especially as you have not been facing off against any decent oponents with your listed experience.

Whether you're delusional, or just not very into this game I don't know, but get your facts straight before you blast away with "knowledge"!  ;)
 :zerg :zerg :zerg

as a answer to ure question: i like the big deal which is the biggest possible bracket: rbg.. which i think is much more fun than arena's and its still like ive said before; rbg's r harder than any type of arena bracket, bc its way more unpredictable and harder to organize.. unless ure dealing with groups in rbg which have just started and dont have a clue abbout how to handle it, but ive faced each group with the highest rating up to 2800 in rbg's. But let me ask u this, how many times did u have led rated bg's or do u have led any rbg's at all?

April 18, 2011, 01:51:59 am
Reply #16

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 01:51:59 am »
So from what I'm reading here, rbgs are more "harder" than any arena bracket because it's unpredictable and hard to organise. Shocker here, it's in fact the oposite. Rated bgs are PLAGUED with tanks, heavy melee dps and 4+ healers. It is so predictable, what every team will do on every map that most have abandoned it completely, it's simply not competative whatsoever.
Arena on the other hand is all about communication and forcing cooldowns, wheras the only communication needed for 3000 rbg rating is "let's save cooldowns until their tank gets the 50% more damage taken debuff and right click the shit out of him.".

To your question, I think I've only led rated bgs 2 or 3 times, they were all wins with the simplest of tactics (they involved right clicking flags and pressing aoe spells and abilities). I've also played in those so-called "skilled" 2800 teams, and all we did was talk shit in terrible english..
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

April 18, 2011, 01:55:47 am
Reply #17

Offline Ezzardo

• Former Member

• SATAN KR'A'VER OFFERBLOD

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 01:55:47 am »
Is this an application about leadership? You seem to be very focused about it, at least. But anyhow, how can you be certain that rated battlegrounds are harder then arena? Cause it is harder to organize?
все знают, обезьяну, но обезьяна не знает ни один из них

April 18, 2011, 02:04:00 am
Reply #18

BabyDragon

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 02:04:00 am »
So from what I'm reading here, rbgs are more "harder" than any arena bracket because it's unpredictable and hard to organise. Shocker here, it's in fact the oposite. Rated bgs are PLAGUED with tanks, heavy melee dps and 4+ healers. It is so predictable, what every team will do on every map that most have abandoned it completely, it's simply not competative whatsoever.
Arena on the other hand is all about communication and forcing cooldowns, wheras the only communication needed for 3000 rbg rating is "let's save cooldowns until their tank gets the 50% more damage taken debuff and right click the shit out of him.".

To your question, I think I've only led rated bgs 2 or 3 times, they were all wins with the simplest of tactics (they involved right clicking flags and pressing aoe spells and abilities). I've also played in those so-called "skilled" 2800 teams, and all we did was talk shit in terrible english..

i dont agree with u.. u might know some basic guidelines but its way more than that, u guys r getting told what to do from ure rbg leader when things get a bit difficult anyway, its not like ure doing the thinking work or actually using a higher percentage of ure brains than normal lol.. and since u talk so flex abbout rbg's anyway abbout how to handle it, we could say the same thing for 3v3 or 5v5 brackets since its not unpredictable at all..

April 18, 2011, 02:06:01 am
Reply #19

BabyDragon

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 02:06:01 am »
Is this an application about leadership? You seem to be very focused about it, at least. But anyhow, how can you be certain that rated battlegrounds are harder then arena? Cause it is harder to organize?

m8 ure not even doing pvp.. why interfear with it?

April 18, 2011, 02:13:34 am
Reply #20

Offline Ezzardo

• Former Member

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 02:13:34 am »

i dont agree with u.. u might know some basic guidelines but its way more than that, u guys r getting told what to do from ure rbg leader when things get a bit difficult anyway, its not like ure doing the thinking work or actually using a higher percentage of ure brains than normal lol.. and since u talk so flex abbout rbg's anyway abbout how to handle it, we could say the same thing for 3v3 or 5v5 brackets since its not unpredictable at all..

You sure seems to know alot. You say it is way more then basic guildlines, what is it then? And what makes you so good at it? Good night.

April 18, 2011, 02:15:32 am
Reply #21

BabyDragon

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 02:15:32 am »

You sure seems to know alot. You say it is way more then basic guildlines, what is it then? And what makes you so good at it? Good night.

Thats Something U Can Only Find Out In A Practical Way.

April 18, 2011, 02:18:55 am
Reply #22

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 02:18:55 am »

What do you not "agree on"? I'm stating facts, not my opinions! And yes, people who are not shit at the game do not need someone to tell em to kill the squishiest target.

And yes, there are multiple things and decicions you gotta make within a global in an arena game, there is nothing remotely close to that in a rbg. You baffle me with your boldness!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:32:32 am by Vorte »
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

April 18, 2011, 10:35:08 am
Reply #23

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 10:35:08 am »
As the leader of Iron Edge PvP, and the highest rated RBG team on the realm, I think Vorte is closer to the truth than you are, Babydragon.

My decision still stands, so I want you to gain more experience in the arena (3v3 or 5v5). Especially your statement about healers in 2v2, really proves that you do not have the knowledge to really have a proper discussion here.

I'd recommend you do that, after, we'd be happy to continue this discussion :)
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

April 18, 2011, 10:43:17 am
Reply #24

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 10:43:17 am »
A good conversation, by the way! This is why we have a recruitment forum (and a 24-hour 'settling' period).

Good luck, Baby; see you around.

-D
Now I run a tech website.

April 18, 2011, 06:39:45 pm
Reply #25

Offline Eluneap0p

• Former Member

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 06:39:45 pm »
zomg its goons former guild leader... gifff! h3h3h3

April 18, 2011, 06:42:57 pm
Reply #26

Offline Ezzardo

• Former Member

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 06:42:57 pm »
zomg its goons former guild leader... gifff! h3h3h3

Really?

April 18, 2011, 08:15:46 pm
Reply #27

Offline Koshan

• Community Member

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 08:15:46 pm »
hehehhehehe

April 18, 2011, 09:26:15 pm
Reply #28

Conserr

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 09:26:15 pm »
Dx x

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:03:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

75 Guests, 0 Users