Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Nynevi, Holy Paladin

August 29, 2011, 06:20:31 pm
Read 15438 times

Offline Nynevi

• Vendor Trash

Nynevi, Holy Paladin
« on: August 29, 2011, 06:20:31 pm »
  • Name
Sercan AKMAN
  • Occupation/school
Student, Istanbul University, Spanish Philology | British Philology (Lateral Branch)
  • Where do you want to be in ten years from now?
I applied for a job at Blizzard, let's see what response I'll get first :P I will probably be studying other language disciplines as well as working as a translator somewhere.

• When have you started playing and why?
It has been six years, I was 15 back then and I barely could speak my own language, let alone English, I started playing this game and doing PvP all the time, since It was hard to get into a guild of organized players with no language skills and also even with English I did not really have the capacity of mind and computer hardware to support continual play to be doing PvE.

My first character was a mage (Darktr-Burning Legion, still level 70) and my second character is a warrior (Draqotr-Darksorrow), I did not really play with the mage at all but I have been playing with the warrior since then. I have done arena but never achieved high ratings due to the instability of my gameplay (continuity, I did not have a credit card and pre-paids were not sold in Turkey at that time. I played 2 months then quit for a month and came back for another month and quit for another, for example, nor did I find partners on that server)

At some part of the game, I was fed up with dying against Alliance and not being saved by some healer, unlike Alliance. Alliance on our server was superior and had always some healer saving them from low percent health points. I decided to make a paladin and leveled it in 2 play days. I had been playing on Darksorrow until several months ago, when I had the spare money for the transfer of my character. I came to the server and joined a Turkish oriented PvP guild and got 23xx rated battleground rating (I had a lot of exams, I was unable to make him a High Warlord) and got to 2200 the first week with a TSG setup. I played with druid warrior paladin trio got up to 2000 but went for a vacation for a month and when I got back It did not work.

As you can check from my warrior, I am Conqueror and got the vintage title Centurion and I have been doing battleground for 6 years, and I know them inside out. Have done some clever tactics in this season also, got to 1900 with my paladin but left the guild because It was not fun to play with them anymore. (I had 2600 MMR last season and lost quite a few matches on alt runs in my former guild and I'm guessing its around 2200-2300 right now)

• Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
I want to join to IE because I think other than a character transfer, this guild suits best to my needs in terms of PvP. I have been in Turkish oriented guilds the whole Cataclysm and due to the reason we could understand each other, things got quite intimate and they started judging the gameplay of one another and telling things that can not be told to a person that you only know online. I only want to play peacefully with people who talk actively on the voice chat, telling their ccs and the incs, nothing more, the rest will come in time (like higher ratings).

I know Revor, the paladin, I met with him in trade when I was looking someone to cap my points in 2v2, he taught my some useful things about retribution.

August 29, 2011, 07:10:58 pm
Reply #1

Offline Bawmorda

• Former Member

Re: Nynevi, Holy Paladin
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 07:10:58 pm »
Nice application dude.

Good Luck !

August 29, 2011, 08:17:26 pm
Reply #2

Offline Nynevi

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 08:17:26 pm »

August 30, 2011, 11:45:07 am
Reply #3

Offline Jasminka

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 11:45:07 am »
casual or hardcore raid app?

August 30, 2011, 12:25:23 pm
Reply #4

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 12:25:23 pm »
This is the PvP section Jaca.
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

August 30, 2011, 02:06:23 pm
Reply #5

Offline Nynevi

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 02:06:23 pm »
The hardest core ever Jasminka :P

August 30, 2011, 06:25:10 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 06:25:10 pm »
Hi there!

We don't really have a need for paladins of any spec. So I regret to inform you that we cannot take any more paladins in at this time.

Thank you for applying to the Iron Edge PvP team, and you're always free to poke me or someone else about rbg's with the B-team or something!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 31, 2011, 02:16:08 pm
Reply #7

Offline Nynevi

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 02:16:08 pm »
Please remove this thread.

August 31, 2011, 02:16:45 pm
Reply #8

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 02:16:45 pm »
Please remove this thread.
We never remove any tread.

emo? >3

August 31, 2011, 02:33:15 pm
Reply #9

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 02:33:15 pm »
Ya, sorry Nynevi, we don't generally remove forum threads unless they are spam.

If you have a good reason to remove it, let me know and we'll re-assess.

-D
Now I run a tech website.

August 31, 2011, 06:02:14 pm
Reply #10

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 06:02:14 pm »
So it doesn't turn up on google searches? :)
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

August 31, 2011, 09:23:44 pm
Reply #11

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 09:23:44 pm »
Ya, that's the normal reason.

I don't have a problem with removing his name -- but to be honest, it will already be on the search engines by now.

September 01, 2011, 08:31:50 pm
Reply #12

Offline Nynevi

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 08:31:50 pm »
The thing is that there is no thread about classes that are open to recruitment. It means that even though you do not need paladins, you want them to apply, see how good they are and make an exception based on the application.

I made a good application, as you ask in your PvP recruitment guidelines, with punctuations and stuff, despite that high percent of the people apply here has never heard of beginning a new paragraph. I guess that adds me 1 point.

I also showed proof of my skill (not that high but good enough to be noticed) I guess that adds me another point.

In other words, If I am a paladin with 2700 3v3 rating, would you invite me to the guild If my application was bad (so it is 1 or 1,5 point because his rating is pretty high; you are making an exception here compared to the 2 point guy),

If I am a paladin with the best application ever made, and you invite me despite the absence of some skill proof (or despite the fact that I have over 1800-1900 3v3 rating, that gives me 0.5 points as the guy with 2700 rating gets 1.5 points), you invite him making an exception, compared to the 2 point guy,

So I ask you: If you are not going to make an exception, why is not there a thread about class recruitment?

If you were going to make an exception, what was wrong about my application?

And also why do you ask people to make a good application (there is no class thread, that means you will give the guy some credit for making a good application; If otherwise, that means you will not give the guy some credit, atleast write that good applications do not matter (so do not ask for them) people with atleast 2400 arena rating or 2400 actual battleground rating or mmr should apply(numbers may change), the rest will be ignored.

The thing that should pop in your mind is that how oneself can know the thing he made is good or bad; I know I made it good because the recruiter does not say anything about my application, neither it was good or bad so that again creates two questions in the vicious circle; Was my application bad so that you came up with some other excuse like "we are full on paladins", or was it actually so that you are full on paladins, then why the hell there is not a recruitment thread, why do we waste our time? So that basically turns into the first paragraph, that means you want to see applications and make an application, and this goes onto this line and goes on and on in an infinite loop.

Also, me wanting this thread removed without a reason is a pretty good enough reason for it to be removed actually. I do not want people to see how I was declined. That just discourages me towards making applications at all, not even good ones.

September 01, 2011, 08:50:41 pm
Reply #13

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 08:50:41 pm »
He would make exception if you were exceptional player. You arent. So no exception. Now, please stop being hurt about the fact you had to write application. You can use it for other guild if you want, it's not end of the world.

September 01, 2011, 08:52:21 pm
Reply #14

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 08:52:21 pm »
You're right, it would be handy to have a list of our currently-required classes for the PVP group.

Therash, you could update some forum post once a week, right?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:15:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

46 Guests, 0 Users