Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Nynevi, Holy Paladin

September 01, 2011, 09:03:27 pm
Reply #15

Offline Nynevi

• Vendor Trash

Re: Nynevi, Holy Paladin
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 09:03:27 pm »
I am not hurt at all and yeah it is not end of the world, in fact I was not going to bring this up until you declined removing my thread, since I was already okay with being declined not going on this matter further.

Also delling, thank you, this was not a whining post, instead I was looking a real reason behind my decline, and the spot balance seems to be the real one.

September 01, 2011, 11:19:17 pm
Reply #16

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 11:19:17 pm »
Hey there!

Let me start off by saying I'm sorry for the short reply on your (indeed) very nice application. You deserved better from me.

The main reason I declined you was because of your class indeed. After adding Bawmord to our team, I really don't have a place for you on the team right now.

The second reason I declined you was because you seemed to be inexperienced. I based this on things you mentioned in your application like:

and got to 2200 the first week with a TSG setup. I played with druid warrior paladin trio got up to 2000 but went for a vacation for a month and when I got back It did not work.
Your stats suggest that your highest ratings in 3v3 are around 2200, and your story backs that up. 2200 isn't a rating that I would consider very high, especially when playing TSG. Why did warrior/druid/paladin not work? Seems to work pretty well to me!

I had 2600 MMR last season and lost quite a few matches on alt runs in my former guild and I'm guessing its around 2200-2300 right now)
Lastly, if you are certain your MMR was 2600+ last season, you should also know that it didn't mean anything at all. You must have noticed the horrible bug in the system that ruined the entire season. As playing with only turbo-bads made your MMR skyrocket.

Once again, sorry for not putting all this information in my first response.

I also forgot to mention that you are always free to poke Zeref, Slash, Spinser, Revor and me for any rbg's with alts and other fun groups. We do them a lot. And who knows, maybe I've gotten a completely wrong impression of you and we can trial you anyway!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 01, 2011, 11:24:12 pm
Reply #17

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 11:24:12 pm »
You're right, it would be handy to have a list of our currently-required classes for the PVP group.

Therash, you could update some forum post once a week, right?

The "currently-required classes" are only a priority thing. We'll consider those applications easier, simply because we need them. I'm not announcing that publicly because I don't want applications to be shit.

And as Narw (kinda) said, I'll consider anyone with a good application. It happens many times that I consider people just because they're nice. And I also invite less experienced people to RBG's because the main-team-people don't show up. If there's one thing I've learned from leading a PvP-team; You can never have enough back-up players :P
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 01, 2011, 11:26:12 pm
Reply #18

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 11:26:12 pm »
Very true!

Thanks for sorting this one out :)
Now I run a tech website.

September 02, 2011, 02:09:33 am
Reply #19

Offline Nynevi

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 02:09:33 am »
Thanks for explanations. Yeah I know MMR means nothing but I remember you asking MMR to an applicant in an application. Since MMR drops down your team rating I thought it is worth mentioning.

Well I would agree with you on TSG, DK was overpowered back then and also my dk friend had elite weapon which made it easier. Though the point was to let you see that on the server that I came I was unable to achieve any rating due to the people I played with, but when I came to Dunemaul, I played with good guys and fulfilled my potential and got to what I had aimed fast. We did not play anymore matches because I was waiting to gather some points for my elite two handed sword, we might have gotten higher but that would just point out the overpowerness of TSG again.

I have also achieved 2.1k 5v5 rating with BM/RSham/DK/FMage/HPala, though as the player quantitiy increases, the amount of faults that a player can do increases, some other guy fixes the other ones fault. I guess we cannot count this one as an achievement.

When I came back from vacation, one team mate had left the team and other one had started working, that is why it did not work. The reason I do not play with my paladin and try to improve it is the feeling that no matter what I achieve, no matter what I write in my application or no matter how better I make it a good read, I will be declined. Due to the recent events of my former guild I am in a spot where I feel weird trying out new things like different setups. There are several setups that we have planned on doing but did not have a chance to meet up yet, since it is summer and we had a religious holiday recently.

I was already hesitating on applying for IE, as I see a lot of holy and retribution paladins of IE with high ratings, I already knew my chances of getting into the main team would be slim. I am already a month late on my conquest points and gears and I also have all the titles till Warlord and 300-400 rating behind the current guys, I did not expect to get into the main team this season but maybe the next, but meanwhile I wanted my paladin to be in a good guild with atleast some guys with criterias (I do not think your alt team is any bad from your main team since once a guy does his job and knows the game and has achieved high rating, it is easy for him to play other classes too) and cap my points till the next season.

As I said, other than a migration, I will not make an application on some other guild, accept me as a community member or social, I do not know; my character will be around guildless till I figure something out. You are free to kick or ask me to leave if you do not like my gameplay when you try me out in one of your teams.

September 02, 2011, 02:11:28 am
Reply #20

Offline Nynevi

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 02:11:28 am »
goddamn edit button!

Correction: 2014 5v5 rating rofl.

September 03, 2011, 01:39:18 am
Reply #21

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 01:39:18 am »
You seem like a smart person (maybe a bit too serious!) and it seems you do really want to join it here. Alt/bteam/pvers rated bg's vary from week to week, sometimes someone will try to make it 3 times a week, sometimes it will be up once. Also there are new ppl there every week, mmr varies from what i saw from 1800-2k, depending on who plays. You will also need to show BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG patience when playing with pvers.

I dont write this to discourage you, just that's how it goes if you do really want to join on that "i will try to prove myself in b/alt team". My best advice for you would be just to spam arena games and hopefully get yourself a safe cap from there, and a bit more expieriance also. For A team i would't mind trying you, but our healers are quite active and have way bigger expierienace than you do have currently.

(or you can reroll shaman and let us bask in the glory of godmode totem).

September 03, 2011, 03:11:59 pm
Reply #22

Offline Nynevi

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 03:11:59 pm »
I have 62 shaman that I am leveling right now, I am pretty more comfortable playing with resto, interrupts and purges are way too easy and totem power is incredible, though also it has its downsides compared to the paladin.

I will be working on him.

September 05, 2011, 01:26:19 am
Reply #23

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 01:26:19 am »
Looks like you've got a great thing going with that shaman :)

Get some experience in PvP and we'll talk again.

Good luck!
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:06:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

40 Guests, 1 User
Bürküt