Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Octo resto shaman

December 17, 2011, 08:17:13 pm
Read 15603 times

Offline octo

• Vendor Trash

Octo resto shaman
« on: December 17, 2011, 08:17:13 pm »
Hi there,

My real name is Remco Alphenaar. I?m 27 years old and live in Holland. In real life, I work as a social worker with children who have psychology problems and are mentally challenged. It?s a job where I can be myself and where I can learn a lot. I love my job. I also just bought a house, where my girl and I now live in. Were together now for around 8 years (damn that?s long when you write it down like that!).

Besides my job, I also go to school. I?m studying so that I can be a even better social worker, so that I can work with people that are having trouble with there finances or maybe to protect the children that get abused. It can go both ways I guess..

During the week, I like playing Wow. Especially on my shaman (name: Octo), but I like playing on my warrior (name: onso) also.  I?ve been playing wow since the beginning of WOW. I used to play on my mage back then and warrior on Vashj realm, but moved to Dunemaul after I found out that horde ROCKS.

On my mage I was Lieutenant back then (I think rank 9?).
My warrior on this realm got around 2k rating (I?m not sure how much exactly). 

The shaman I play most is Resto. I like playing that spec and I feel I?m still getting better with it. I got 2.2k achi in 2s and 3s. In the future I?ll be aiming to get that higher, if time allows it. Also, I?d love to do some 5s so that I can call my self ?Octo! The arena master?!

For me, the reason why I want to join Iron Edge is simple. It?s not only a very good guild that does rated bg, witch I love to do in the future (have no experience yet with rated battle ground), but it?s also a wonderful community. That will come in handy when Diablo 3 comes out. Will be nice to know some people when it comes out!

I?m a friendly player who will not expect a lot at first. Give me a chance in this guild, I?m looking forwards getting to know all of you. My real life (little) brother is also a member of Iron Edge. He said I will fit in perfectly.

So, try not to waste time and think about this application too much! The best to do is just too?

Invite Octo!

December 17, 2011, 09:24:46 pm
Reply #1

Offline Sidestep

• Guild Member

Re: Octo resto shaman
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:24:46 pm »
You seem like a nice guy ;) who's your lil bro?

December 18, 2011, 12:17:11 am
Reply #2

Offline octo

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 12:17:11 am »
His character's name is Cursme: a dk.

December 18, 2011, 05:12:49 am
Reply #3

Offline Phobea

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 05:12:49 am »

December 18, 2011, 11:20:06 pm
Reply #4

Offline bieberlolz

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 11:20:06 pm »
Hi there,

My real name is Remco Alphenaar. I?m 27 years old and live in Holland. In real life, I work as a social worker with children who have psychology problems and are mentally challenged. It?s a job where I can be myself and where I can learn a lot. I love my job. I also just bought a house, where my girl and I now live in. Were together now for around 8 years (damn that?s long when you write it down like that!).

Besides my job, I also go to school. I?m studying so that I can be a even better social worker, so that I can work with people that are having trouble with there finances or maybe to protect the children that get abused. It can go both ways I guess..

During the week, I like playing Wow. Especially on my shaman (name: Octo), but I like playing on my warrior (name: onso) also.  I?ve been playing wow since the beginning of WOW. I used to play on my mage back then and warrior on Vashj realm, but moved to Dunemaul after I found out that horde ROCKS.

On my mage I was Lieutenant back then (I think rank 9?).
My warrior on this realm got around 2k rating (I?m not sure how much exactly). 

The shaman I play most is Resto. I like playing that spec and I feel I?m still getting better with it. I got 2.2k achi in 2s and 3s. In the future I?ll be aiming to get that higher, if time allows it. Also, I?d love to do some 5s so that I can call my self ?Octo! The arena master?!

For me, the reason why I want to join Iron Edge is simple. It?s not only a very good guild that does rated bg, witch I love to do in the future (have no experience yet with rated battle ground), but it?s also a wonderful community. That will come in handy when Diablo 3 comes out. Will be nice to know some people when it comes out!

I?m a friendly player who will not expect a lot at first. Give me a chance in this guild, I?m looking forwards getting to know all of you. My real life (little) brother is also a member of Iron Edge. He said I will fit in perfectly.

So, try not to waste time and think about this application too much! The best to do is just too?

Invite Octo!

Really nice guy :)

December 19, 2011, 12:54:31 am
Reply #5

Offline Sidestep

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 12:54:31 am »
Did his entire app really need quoting? :P

December 19, 2011, 02:42:40 am
Reply #6

Offline bieberlolz

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 02:42:40 am »
Haha first time for me :D wont happen again hehe

December 19, 2011, 08:22:57 pm
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 08:22:57 pm »
Heya, thanks for applying to Iron Edge!

Your previous ratings aren't really up to the standards of Iron Edge, and your application isn't that great either. However, we could very much use a resto shaman on the team, so I'd like to elaborate a little more!

- Firstly, why hasn't your brother bothered to reply yet?
- Are you dedicated enough to join a rated battleground team that can rely on you several times per week?
- You have played quite a lot of arena, has it been really hard to get up to 2205, or haven't you played anything serious yet?

Hope to hear from you!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 19, 2011, 08:57:53 pm
Reply #8

Offline Slash

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 08:57:53 pm »
nice app, dont know the dude myself but i have spoken to curseyou (curseme) quite some times and hes a cool guy, thought rarely active on the forum by the looks of it lol.. anyway, gl yo!

"He who doesn't fear death dies only once." - Giovanni Falcone
"Going to Paris to create art is now like sitting and waiting for a butterfly to fart." - Charles Bukowski

December 21, 2011, 11:10:59 am
Reply #9

Offline octo

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 11:10:59 am »
Hey guys, Thx for your comments and nice words.

Let me try answering your questions.

First of all, my brother had some problems logging in, so he can't reply. We're not at war or anything crazy like that ;)

I'm dedicated joining rated bg or helping a friend in arena. However, my job has random shifts. Meening, that I'm not sure when to work. So to be perfectly honest to you, I won't be able to join all of your rated bgs. I am however, willing to join whenever I can.

The third question you asked me is why I diddnt achieve that much rating. My answer is short and simple. I'm not the best shaman on Dunemaul and never claimed to be. I am however, imo, a good enough player for this guild. Second reason is that my friends stopped playing, after we reached the achivements. I'm not sure if we'd have gone higher, but I'd like to think we did.

I'm a friendly player that would like to be part of this guild. I hope this information is suffici?nt.

Octo

December 21, 2011, 12:44:37 pm
Reply #10

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 12:44:37 pm »
I appreciate your honesty, I'll need to think it through a little more if you don't mind.

And I'm not suggesting you guys are at war, and even if you were I wouldn't care. I'm just extremely surprised that someone who has been in the guild for a while now still can't even post on our forums, and apparently hasn't even tried to fix it since I posted, two days ago  :o
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 21, 2011, 06:56:23 pm
Reply #11

Offline curseme

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 06:56:23 pm »
i forgot my password and after that i forgot his apply :D ! Octo is a nice shammy rly! Skills pay the bills!
I would say he is 1 of the better shammies on the server, also he is dedicated to get high ratings and is willing to put time and effort into it. Also, very important, IRL he got a very special dancing technique! Its called THA HAND!
Perhaps if he gets into IE he will revolve the secrets of this awsome thing! GL bro with apply! and thx for helping to select the big ass tv that is in my room now !:D
btw. His computer crashed yesterday, he is trying to get it working again! kiss!

December 26, 2011, 03:00:18 pm
Reply #12

Offline octo

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 03:00:18 pm »
Don't forget about me! Pc up and running again!

January 04, 2012, 01:39:44 pm
Reply #13

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 01:39:44 pm »
Alright let's give you a try :)

You can poke me or another officer for an invite.
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 04, 2012, 04:30:44 pm
Reply #14

Offline Phobea

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 04:30:44 pm »
If he's still looking at the forum... it's been almost a month! xD

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:59:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

147 Guests, 1 User
hemoroidtv