Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Laserbeamjoe Retribution Paladin

December 01, 2011, 10:57:18 pm
Read 8893 times

Offline Laserbeamjoe

• Former Member

Laserbeamjoe Retribution Paladin
« on: December 01, 2011, 10:57:18 pm »
Greetings ya'll Iron Edge people

My name is Regin Johannesen. Im a 23 years old guy from the Faroe Islands.
I think I'd characterize myself as a pretty nice and friendly lad who likes to
joke a lot, but who knows how to be serious aswell. I do also like an occasional trip to Azeroth to kick some alliance behinds. Last year I graduated from a local Business school and Im currently working at a fish factory (which is awesome btw).

I have a pretty long PvP history actually and it started back in Vanilla WoW. Back then I also played a Paladin also called Laserbeamjoe on Aszune (he's still over there collecting dust like the other mortals). I can't remember what rank I got back then, but it was only 4 or 5, because I had extremely bad and expensive internet back then, so I could play so much. In the start of TBC I created a druid here on Dunemaul called Bigbadjoe, because all my friends and family were playing on Dunemaul. He was my main for a long time, but I also created this Paladin and used him as my PvP character/alt. I PvPed through all seasons in TBC and WotLK, but never on fulltime, because I mainly raided. Hence never getting above 2.2k in 3v3 and 5v5. Was very close a couple of times though. Was on 2.3 or 2.4k in 2v2 one season though.

But arena never was my biggest amusement and interest. BGs always facinated me a lot more and I still enjoy just joining a random BG, even though I don't need any honor. I can note that I have the Battlemaster title to support this. I also have tonote that I haven't been playing much in Cataclysm and I just got back, but Im not very rusty.

The reason I want to join Iron Edge is quite simple. I've been playing on this server for a long time, so I know quite a bit about the guild and I've also played with a lot of your players and they're all good. I also like the standards you guys set, setting the bar a bit high is a good thing and a key to success. I also hope I could do some serious Arena/RBG with you guys, because I know you are some of the best. Enough asslicking...

I also know loads of people who can vouch for me who are in the guild. Decayus, J?la, Jambalaya, Delling also maybe? :-? Oh yeah, I had a a blast of a night with Delling and Decayus and many more a couple of years ago, when he visited the Faroe Islands. Anyways here is my armory link (I'll try to be in PvP gear), But I'll get all the new PvP gear in 1 week, so the current gear is not very important as you know.

If there is something else you want to know, feel free to ask questions, because Im sure I forgot a lot of things.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Laserbeamjoe/simple

December 01, 2011, 11:29:58 pm
Reply #1

Offline Teitur

• Vendor Trash

• I kill whales!

Re: Laserbeamjoe Retribution Paladin
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 11:29:58 pm »
Thumbs up :)

December 02, 2011, 12:16:23 am
Reply #2

Offline Hellfighter

• Community Member

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 12:16:23 am »
WUUH F?ROYAR !

December 02, 2011, 12:21:27 am
Reply #3

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 12:21:27 am »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH FAROE!!!
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

December 02, 2011, 12:48:48 am
Reply #4

Offline Laserbeamjoe

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 12:48:48 am »
Uhh and I also know the Cakemonster!!!! ::)

December 02, 2011, 03:22:08 am
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 03:22:08 am »
Hey there, pretty decent application!

Looks like you've had quite the experience with Iron Edge, not to mention that you seem to be very interested in Rated Battlegrounds. Why did you choose to apply now?

I understand your preference for rated battlegrounds, however you have invested quite a lot of time in playing arenas without reaching that high ratings. Care to elaborate?

Would also be great to get all the people that vouch for you to post in the thread, and they might want to consider to do better than:
Thumbs up :)

Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 02, 2011, 01:51:12 pm
Reply #6

Offline Jola

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 01:51:12 pm »
He is an awesome player in pve and pvp And a really nice guy. I have been playing with him since burning crusade and up to icc or toc cant remember.
Thumps up from me.
They say, "You are what you eat!"
That's funny. I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning.

December 02, 2011, 06:27:15 pm
Reply #7

Offline Laserbeamjoe

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 06:27:15 pm »
The reason I choose to apply now and not, say many years ago, is that I am a very loyal player. I tend to stay in one guild in good and bad times. I joined and stayed in So What for many years (focusing on PvE as stated beforehand), but now it is disbanded. Thats one reason. The second reason is that any of the So What guys are in IE now. I could mention more reasons for why Im applying now, but these are the main ones.

Good question about the low arena rating :-? Well as stated before, I have always been focusing on BGs and PvE more than arena. Doing arenas has mainly been an activity for me, where I have a good and jolly time together with my friends. I have never been super interested in getting the Gladiator title, because arena has always been a tool for me to just relax and have fun. That is my blunt and honest explanation why my rating hasn't been above 2.5k in any bracket. I'd ofc like to change that now, as my main focus is on PvP now, where it has always been fixated on PvE before.

I hope that was a sufficient answer to your questions and I hope I can be a part of IE :-

December 02, 2011, 07:19:52 pm
Reply #8

Offline jizzie

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 07:19:52 pm »
I remember playing some 3's with you and someone, cant remember who. But i think we did games arond 2.2k mmr back then but stopped for unknown reason before you could get personal.

nice reply isnt it.

December 02, 2011, 08:06:38 pm
Reply #9

Offline Laserbeamjoe

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 08:06:38 pm »
Yeah I remember that we did quite good Jizzie, but I can't remember why we stopped either :P

December 06, 2011, 03:04:23 pm
Reply #10

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 03:04:23 pm »
I really needed to think about this one, but in the end I'm afraid that you need to get some experience in "serious PvP". You've played a lot of games but haven't been on high ratings and that's usually a sign of someone who's not very talented, or just doesn't care.

I'd like you to get some more experience, and when you do, feel free to re-open this application and I'll reconsider it.

Thanks for showing interest in IE, and as everyone else, you're more than free to contact me in-game if you want to play with our secondary team. Good luck and see you soon!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:07:57 pm by Therash »
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:35:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

110 Guests, 0 Users