Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Kavz - Frost Mage

March 03, 2013, 02:18:20 am
Read 16165 times

Offline Kavz

• Guild Member

Kavz - Frost Mage
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:18:20 am »
Who you are
- Nigel

Your WoW/PvP history
- Hit max level in TBC, got into the game via my uncle who played as well but has long since quit.
- I main as a Disc Priest and have done since start of Cata: Got 2.2 in every season in Cata. Played Disc/Feral in S10 to ~2430 and Kittycleave to ~2480, R1 Disc Kittycleave in Europe.
- Mained as a Holy Pally in Wotlk: Got 2.2 in all seasons bar Deadly and then in S9 before quitting the class, got to ~2370 in 2v2 and 3v3 in S7.
- Played Warrior in Wotlk S7/S8 to ~2150 in 3v3 and ~2100 in 2v2 with my Holy Pally's team mates on alts.
- Played Mage to ~2080 in 2v2 as Mage/Rogue in Cataclysm. Did RBGs in Cata too on mage to 2100.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
I transferred to the realm to play with IRLs who have since become inactive - every week I pug arena for cap/help other people cap.. I play with any spec/geared people and enjoy doing so. I still don't know alot about the realm but I have heard good words about your guild and I'd like a group of people that I could PvP with/share ideas and learn new things about the realm.

Last words
I've only ever played this game for fun - all my arena ratings/teams were played with friends, this season most of them have taken extended breaks so I haven't really achieved anything in terms of rating, however I've had fun which is my #1 concern.

Not sure if you want all my chars' armory's but for the purpose of proof of all the things I mentioned..

Priest: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Kavax/simple
Paladin: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ahnqiraj/Niella/simple
Warrior: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ahnqiraj/Kavzy/simple
Mage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Kavz/simple

March 03, 2013, 04:08:34 pm
Reply #1

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

Re: Kavz - Frost Mage
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 04:08:34 pm »
Not sure why you decided to skip the application form, if you had used that you might have had some suggestions to what we want in an application.

Who you are is not just a name and a number I hope. What do you want to do in Iron edge and why should we recruit you?

Bears like alts!

March 03, 2013, 07:47:36 pm
Reply #2

Offline Kavz

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 07:47:36 pm »
Hmmm I'm slightly confused.. I did use your form?

The "who you are" asks for name, age and occupancy (though I did forget the last part and didn't include the headings from your form though I assumed my name/age was self explanatory).

I also mentioned my reason for wanting to join - to in effect get involved with the PvP community on the realm and your guild I feel is suited to me and vice versa in terms of this.

I'm not trying to sound rude (If I'm coming across as this) - but I read through various other applications and I'm just confused as to what I've done wrong.

No worries though if it's an issue I'll retract my application, good luck to your guild for the future.

March 03, 2013, 08:12:22 pm
Reply #3

Offline Ezzardo

• Former Member

• SATAN KR'A'VER OFFERBLOD

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 08:12:22 pm »
No worries though if it's an issue I'll retract my application, good luck to your guild for the future.

Hello.

Your application is very poor.

Graxlos gave you a chance to make it better, and you blew it.

One adversity and you already bail out, good luck finding a guild.

I am not going to be personal (because I don't know you), but if you have the same attitude in real life; good luck finding a job.

все знают, обезьяну, но обезьяна не знает ни один из них

March 03, 2013, 08:25:35 pm
Reply #4

Offline Kavz

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 08:25:35 pm »
You say you're not going to get personal .. then you get personal? I have a job thank you - unlike you though I won't get personal nor will I make snide remarks about someone I don't know.

Honestly all I was curious to know was what was wrong with my application because I mirrored various other successful applicants you've received.

I suggested to withdraw my application because I got the impression your GM wasn't interested - I assumed perhaps your guild does not approve of my Trade spamming for arena partners (if you have even witnessed it that is). I dislike wasting people's time, anyway as said - good luck for the future.

March 03, 2013, 08:27:50 pm
Reply #5

Offline Kavz

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 08:27:50 pm »
Who you are
- Nigel

Your WoW/PvP history
- Hit max level in TBC, got into the game via my uncle who played as well but has long since quit.
- I main as a Disc Priest and have done since start of Cata: Got 2.2 in every season in Cata. Played Disc/Feral in S10 to ~2430 and Kittycleave to ~2480, R1 Disc Kittycleave in Europe.
- Mained as a Holy Pally in Wotlk: Got 2.2 in all seasons bar Deadly and then in S9 before quitting the class, got to ~2370 in 2v2 and 3v3 in S7.
- Played Warrior in Wotlk S7/S8 to ~2150 in 3v3 and ~2100 in 2v2 with my Holy Pally's team mates on alts.
- Played Mage to ~2080 in 2v2 as Mage/Rogue in Cataclysm. Did RBGs in Cata too on mage to 2100.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
I transferred to the realm to play with IRLs who have since become inactive - every week I pug arena for cap/help other people cap.. I play with any spec/geared people and enjoy doing so. I still don't know alot about the realm but I have heard good words about your guild and I'd like a group of people that I could PvP with/share ideas and learn new things about the realm.

Last words
I've only ever played this game for fun - all my arena ratings/teams were played with friends, this season most of them have taken extended breaks so I haven't really achieved anything in terms of rating, however I've had fun which is my #1 concern.

Not sure if you want all my chars' armory's but for the purpose of proof of all the things I mentioned..

Priest: [Removed]
Paladin: [Removed]
Warrior: [Removed]
Mage: [Removed]

March 03, 2013, 08:30:13 pm
Reply #6

Offline Kavz

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 08:30:13 pm »
Oops - too stupid to work out how to delete posts/threads, but probably better if you could go ahead and do that.

Thanks.

March 03, 2013, 08:33:43 pm
Reply #7

safire

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 08:33:43 pm »
Ezzardo tends to have an opinion on every apply lately...

I don't think what gaeios was saying is he is not interested in having you in our guild, more like, we'd like to know a bit about the person joining, for an example, where are you from, you left that part out :)

Seeing you are applying in the PvP thread, and writing about your PvP history, you want to join as a pvper. Though yet you say nothing about what you actually want to do. Rated battleground maybe?

March 03, 2013, 08:37:44 pm
Reply #8

Offline Ezzardo

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 08:37:44 pm »
You say you're not going to get personal .. then you get personal? I have a job thank you - unlike you though I won't get personal nor will I make snide remarks about someone I don't know.

It is not personal, anyone with that attitude will have a hard time finding a job. At a job interview they WILL ask you WHY you WANT to work at THEIR company. Graxlos asked you why you want to join Iron Edge, do you see the similarity?

March 04, 2013, 01:18:55 am
Reply #9

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 01:18:55 am »

It is not personal, anyone with that attitude will have a hard time finding a job. At a job interview they WILL ask you WHY you WANT to work at THEIR company. Graxlos asked you why you want to join Iron Edge, do you see the similarity?

Stop scaring off applicants with your bullshit i'm getting sick of it.

Kavs, your app was a little less fleshed out than we like - since this is a guild thats been around for quite some time most of the members know eachother on a person level and its important (for both of us) that we get a little info about the human applying, not the character - if that makes sense. I certainly wouldn't suggest to retracting your app though. So if you want too, we'll consider it still open. Ignore ezzardo and tell us about where your from, your job etc!

doomslay/x/fs/y/z

March 04, 2013, 01:36:58 am
Reply #10

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 01:36:58 am »
I completely agree with Doomslay.

Kavs, I'm sorry I didn't get to your application sooner and maybe could have gotten rid of all this hostility, but I still consider your app open if you want it to be.

Ezzardo keep your shitposting away from the PvP application forums.

good luck finding a job.

Are you fucking serious?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

March 04, 2013, 04:14:27 am
Reply #11

Offline Ezzardo

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 04:14:27 am »
Ezzardo keep your shitposting away from the PvP application forums.

good luck finding a job.

Are you fucking serious?

It was an example. Point taken.

March 04, 2013, 07:26:19 am
Reply #12

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 07:26:19 am »
High functioning sociopath.

March 04, 2013, 09:01:30 am
Reply #13

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 09:01:30 am »

emo? >3

March 04, 2013, 09:59:16 pm
Reply #14

Offline Kavz

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 09:59:16 pm »
Thanks very much Rash, Doomslay & Safire for taking the time to explain what was wrong with my application. I guess you already knew alot of the other successful applicants so didn't need personal information from them, I didn't think of that - my fault.

Well as stated in my app I'm Nigel, 24 years old and living in the UK. I only understand English however I can make horrific attempts at speaking Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and German. I'm currently full time employed however have time for gaming which has always been the case with WoW since I first got into it.

I apologise if I wasn't clear before but the reason I applied to your guild is because I'm interested in finding arena partners, rbg teams, random bg groups and most importantly - I want to get to know people on this realm and I've been impressed with your PvP achievements on a realm that isn't necessarily brimming with PvP action. (I was GM of a PvP guild in Cata on a small realm so can appreciate the effort involved) Also a few of your members I've played with have spoken well of your guild and it was through talking with them that I applied.

I'm active in game alot at the moment so feel free to poke me in there or of course respond on here if you have any further questions :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:51:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

179 Guests, 0 Users