Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Lumendal - Retribution Paladin x - realm A raid.

June 15, 2010, 04:48:03 pm
Read 8750 times

Offline Lumendal

• Vendor Trash

Lumendal - Retribution Paladin x - realm A raid.
« on: June 15, 2010, 04:48:03 pm »
Personal Information:

Personal Information
Hello everyone, my name is Vladimir, i'm from Serbia, 22 years old student with part time job.I'm into gaming for quite a long time (Starcraft, Diablo 2, and finaly WOW) and i could say gaming is my main hobby.Considering my work time is flexibile, and that person with who i spend most irl time (my girlfriend) plays wow too, i can raid pretty much any time needed :)
I'm comming (hopefully) from a server called Spinebreaker, i was in top guild from that server that held most of server firsts during wotlk, we had decent progress raiding ICC HC 25 for coupple months, we were 11/12 hc (with 5-10 hours of working on lk hc, p1 only tho), but because of various problems we officialy stoped raiding last week, and guild is curently in process of disbanding.So i'm currently in looking for a new guild, and later i will say why this is my first choice for aplication.

Character Information

Link to my armory : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&cn=Lumendal

Ok i will try covering up things about my character:
Spec - Curently there are 2 viable retribution specs, wich are basicly same, beside one specing into divine sacrifise and one into aura mastery.I'm curently spec'd into DS, but it is not a problem respecing to AM build.
Glyphs - There are 4 major glyps that contribute to retri paladin dps increase, glyphs of judgment and consecration are everyone choice most of time, and 3rd slot is reserved for seal of vengeance for those who are not expertise caped, or glyph of exorcism for those who are.
Gemming - I use basi retri paladin geming, with 21 agi meta gema, activating it with 10 to all stats gem in byrntroll for nice 8 bonus str.Rest is gemmed with str and str crit gems in sockets where i can profit for bonus.
Gear - One could say my gear is a bit below average 11/12 hc icc 25 raider, but i was passing certain upgrades in order to keep dkp for Tiny Abomination in a Jar trinket that havent ever droped for my guild, and it is really big dps upgrade for Retribution Paladins.But i still think my gear is quite solid, beside that one trinket slot.
Proffesions - I'm sure someone will notice that i have mining as one of my proffesions, and as we all know that is not a DPS proffesions, i have good explanation for it, but would prefer mentioning that in private message instead of here, and anyhow, if i get acepted on trial and transfer, i will powerlevel eng/ench or bs first day i'm here, so dont worry about that.

I can upload my UI later tonight when i get to a computer i'm raiding from, untill then short description, it consist from simple addons, Grid, Xperl, CLC ret, Omen, Reccount, PowerPaly, Sexy map, thats from top of head..

Raiding

This is one of biggest plus i'd say, when it is about considering recruiting me for trialship, i take gaming very seriously, especialy in a moment when guild is progessing on heroic mode of last end game boss.Raiding is big prio for me, and i can raid any day of week.In last 3 months, i missed only 1 raid, and we were raiding 4-5 days per week.I have near 100% atendance, only something big in real life can prevent me from atending raid.

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

I started playing games long ago, and it was always my main, or at least one of my main hobbies, there is no point mentioning all of them i played, so ill just mention what i played most, starcraft, and diablo 2 (3 full ladder sesions) then i took a year break from gaming, i didnt want to start playing wow because i knew that i will get hooked up too hard, but eventualy i gave it a shot, and because i cant play games casualy, i worked on gearing up as fast as i can when and asking for a raid spot at best guild on my server, they gave me a shot even tho i didnt have any xp before it, but i worked really hard, i was always there when needed, i was reading all tactics and everything i could find on internet, and i didnt have any problems jumping right into ICC.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

After my guild stoped raiding, i was thinking how to move on, majority of raiders allready transfered to other realms, so i was considering my options, and because i have coupple of irl friends on dunemaul, this server was my first option.I remember they mentioned coupple of times that there is really nice guild called Iron Edge there (i think some of them even raided in it during Ulduar), so i checked on internet some informations about you, i saw you look like a really nice guild, with nice progress, and that you are maybe in a need of melee dpss, so i thought maybe you would give me a chance to become part of it.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

Serious and devoted raider, fun and friendly social member that is not there only for raids, that is there often during non raid time, always up to get to know my team members better, and spend time chating with them.
Person who is not loot whore, or dont go nerd rage when there is alot of wiping going on, on progress boss, and have understanding when he needs to be on bench for some raids.
Yea i forgot to mention, i have protection gear too, full sanctified set, with 5-6 icc 25 hc items.I havent done any serious tanking in icc 25 hc yet, but in case it would be in guild best interests, i could work on it.

Last words?

Well no mather what you choose, i wish you best luck progressing and downing Lich King, with or without me :)
And considering i never switched realm before, and 10 days ago i didnt think i ever would :/, i would probably need coupple days to do it, because i dont have credit card myself at the moment, but i'd say 4-6 days at most.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:12:41 pm by Lumendal »

June 15, 2010, 05:02:11 pm
Reply #1

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

Re: Lumendal - Retribution Paladin x - realm A raid.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:02:11 pm »
Hey, thanks for the app it's very nice. ICC experience is ideal and I think we could maybe use some sort of paladin.
If as you say you do take raiding very serious, then dropping mining would be wise.

gl!

June 15, 2010, 05:23:14 pm
Reply #2

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 05:23:14 pm »
Paladins <o/
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

June 15, 2010, 05:38:00 pm
Reply #3

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 05:38:00 pm »
Best apply this year ? :D

June 15, 2010, 06:00:49 pm
Reply #4

Offline Rucious

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:00:49 pm »
Good application.. Apparently you don't have much hit rating so you gemmed hit, that's fine, but I wouldn't really gem 10str 10crit to get socket bonus since if you gem +20str there is more dps you could do. On the other hand with the buff we take %20 more dmg, crit etc I don't think critting would be problem for us. The talent looks good but we do need AM on Arthas HC, so you would want to drop DS to AM. Just wondering if you have Gunship battle's plate wrist? because that gives hit rating so you wouldn't have hit problem. and +23haste rating on cloak is much better than agi.

PS: Please change your account name as same as your Character name so we can know who you really are :)

GL
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:03:17 pm by Rucious »
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

June 15, 2010, 06:57:32 pm
Reply #5

Offline Lumendal

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 06:57:32 pm »
"If as you say you do take raiding very serious, then dropping mining would be wise."

As i said, there was reason i had mining, and as i said, chaning it to one of dps profs is not a problem :)

About hit problem, well i have coupple of gear set up i was aiming for, and the one i curently have in plan leech hit from tiny abo trinket, and heroic polar bear wrists, making me able to ditch my belt for lether emblem belt or plate one from icc hc with arp/crit, and removing set gauntlets for hc ones from fester.

Last raid before we stoped raiding i actualy took polar bear hc wrists, but one of our DKs was really eager to get them, so i was like , ok, take this one, ill grab next one.

Yea i will respec to AM its not a problem, i know its one of advantages having retri paladin on arthas fight, thats why i mentioned it earlier back :)

Eh sorry about name, will fix it.
Ty for wishing me good luck! :)

June 15, 2010, 07:05:54 pm
Reply #6

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 07:05:54 pm »
Was wondering when u gonna apply i was eager to see how will it look like and what do u know, perfect apply! I knew it will be good from talking with you, you sounded serious.

Good luck, hope to see you around.
High functioning sociopath.

June 15, 2010, 07:24:39 pm
Reply #7

Offline Tresia

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 07:24:39 pm »
Nice apply , Gl.

June 15, 2010, 07:30:29 pm
Reply #8

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 07:30:29 pm »
I'd have to disagree with Rucious about pure str gemming. You've used orange gems in all the proper places to get worthwhile socket bonuses. As for the cloak enchant haste is a very slight upgrade (3 dps in your case) to the agi.

Good app and gl.

June 15, 2010, 09:31:21 pm
Reply #9

Offline Sertth

• Former Member

• Sertth - Fury Warrior

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 09:31:21 pm »
I'd have to disagree with Rucious about pure str gemming. You've used orange gems in all the proper places to get worthwhile socket bonuses.
I was shocked and though omg I'm gemming totally wrong on my paladin.... until i read yoica's post....
Sertth - B Raid Fury Warrior

June 15, 2010, 10:52:35 pm
Reply #10

Offline Rucious

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 10:52:35 pm »
I still don't agree with Yoica.. since 8 str is good but the others?
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

June 16, 2010, 12:38:35 am
Reply #11

Offline Lumendal

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 12:38:35 am »
I still don't agree with Yoica.. since 8 str is good but the others?

By others, you can only mean on gem in hands, because it is only orange gem that activate +4 str socket, and i'm curious to know why do you think activating 4 str bonus is bad?
There was debate is 4+ or only 6+ bonus worth socketing inscribed ametrine, but nowadays 14 str and 10 crit > 20 str, so most of paladins are chasing 4 str socket bonus.

"but I wouldn't really gem 10str 10crit to get socket bonus since if you gem +20str there is more dps you could do. On the other hand with the buff we take %20 more dmg, crit etc I don't think critting would be problem for us"

Dont want to sound rude or anything, but i'm not sure what point are you making here.

June 16, 2010, 12:41:38 am
Reply #12

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 12:41:38 am »
Maybe he means the Hellscream buff?  The one that doesn't affect your crit rate...
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

June 16, 2010, 01:21:21 am
Reply #13

Offline Sertth

• Former Member

• Sertth - Fury Warrior

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 01:21:21 am »
Maybe he means the Hellscream buff?  The one that doesn't affect your crit rate...
Hellscream buff is a plain damage buff, so if your overall dps is higher, u benefit more out of it. Regardless u gain that "more" from increased crits or more str.

Also I notice that most paladins with decent gear use some leather pieces, which leads me to think strength equivalency of agility, thus crit rating is also high.
http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t84213-retribution_bis_lists_3_3_a/

Also http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-retribution_updated_3_3_a/#Recommended_Gems
Sertth - B Raid Fury Warrior

June 16, 2010, 01:32:21 am
Reply #14

Offline Lumendal

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 01:32:21 am »

Also I notice that most paladins with decent gear use some leather pieces, which leads me to think strength equivalency of agility, thus crit rating is also high.

Paladins wear leather in certain gear slots simply because they are better dps stat customised for us then their plate counterparts.(Simply said, in certain gear comparation amount of ap + crit > str)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:21:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

337 Guests, 1 User
Verdicon