Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Priest (DPS) - paliouras

July 11, 2021, 05:25:41 pm
Read 3731 times

Applicant

Social Application - Priest (DPS) - paliouras
« on: July 11, 2021, 05:25:41 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: paliouras
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/paliouras
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Hello my name is Christos I am 43 years old.I live in Thessaloniki/Greeceand I am in the military. Had a beautiful little girl on januray 1st, and I am a happy-silly father.

Class/Spec:

I play Shadow Priest since TBC. The Priest class is on of my favourite classes along with Paladin. Shadow is a fun spec and gives to the party/raid group many advandages. From buffs, shileds, off heals to a good (if not strong) damage all around and particularly single target.
The class changed a lot since TBC but in my eyes will always be my no1 pick especially Shadow.

Alts:

Not much since I don't have much time. I use them only for professions. A 60 Paladin and some ~55 mage/rogue.

Professions:

On my Priest I have tailoring and herbalism. Herbalism obviously for pots/flasks. I got tailoring since the creation of this toon. It's always been prospertous and gives at the start of an expansion a small boost gearwise.
In tailoring I got most of the recipes in all expansion (or at least I think...)

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Not much of a PVP player, although I like it, I never tried it to get a rank.
PVE I played every expansion, cleared the most heroic encounters that there are, From TBC with my Shadow Priest, Mythic raiding came and I tried with guild to do the best that we could. I don't change guilds. I am the kind of player that sticks and tries his best for the guild.In BFA we had N'zoth just before the secret phase. After that, guild went in hibernate for the rest of the BFA.

Previous Guilds:

First guild was Midlife Crisis. After 10 or more years in the guild, we became ghosts and lost interest. Had to find something else. The present guild is a very good friend of mine I know him many years form Midlife Crisis.

Availability:

As I said since I am a new father I am trying to help mummy and do the best for the baby girl.So I am available mostly after 21:30 and I stay up quite late ( for a 43 year old). As for work, I am home at about noon and most of the days have the rest of the day off. Except drills and calls in the camp.

Communication:

A can easily understand and communicate with everyone that speaks English.. I don;t have teamspeak I use discord.I used to have teamspeak so it's an old familiar friend to me. I use gaming headset and

Computer / Connection:

I have an above average PC. No fps issues.My internet connection is VDSL 85Mbps. I rarely have diconnections. No lags, apart the game lags and the ping is normal for Greece.

Addons/UI:

DBM for obvious reasons. Timings boss encounters so even if I am tired always a big horn will wake me up.
Weak Auras for special actions in boss encounters, making my own personal ui easier and healthier.
Details for heals/buffs/debuffs/interupts/damage etc. You can always get better when you see again your flaws.
Kui nameplates for better mob hp bars their buff/debuff/interuptable spells etc.
Method raid tool and Ellipsis for less talking more precise actions, in depth usage of CDs, coordination.
https://imgur.com/a/kP95nmq

Other Games:

No time for other games, but I used to play strategy games. Total war franchise for example.

Why Iron Edge?

An old guild mate is in your guild and told me the best for you. A guild with clear goals, friendly and always with members up to the whatever the task is.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

What I can offer you ask. I am gonna tell you what I won't bring to your guild :
No guild drama. I am against drama in whatever form it comes. It's only a game after all.
No cocky flexes. Always humble and eager to help and share adventures.
No mister wise guy. No one knows everything and every one has something to learn form other people.
No negativity in every part of the game. Always here to explore new ideas and tactics and thoughts about the game.
All in all I am a 43 year old player who knows the game, the class. the specc and I will do my best to excel in tasks I will be given.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

As I said previously had a chat with a friend, whom I shared the same guild to find new home for my character.

Last Words?

Hopefuly not :p
I am applying as social. I realy want to join some of the raids you do if you need/want a Shadow Preist but my timetable as I mention above is kindah not aligned with your raids. I would be honored and very happy to contribute the best I can in any raid you plan and you think I am qualified for it.

July 12, 2021, 06:57:36 am
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Priest (DPS) - paliouras
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 06:57:36 am »
Hello Paliouras.

I like your app. What raid team would you be interested in joining? I get that your life is busy, I'm just curious what you're aiming for.

You should also have that friend of yours (if he/she is in our guild) vouch for you on this app :)
Ba dun tss!

July 12, 2021, 11:47:09 am
Reply #2

Offline Io

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 11:47:09 am »
I vouch for Paliourias, we've been in the same guild for many years and he is exactly as he is describing in his app :)

I hope you'll fit into one of the raid teams (if there is room) even if the IRL time table with a baby messes things up a bit :)

July 12, 2021, 12:22:55 pm
Reply #3

Offline Paliouras

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 12:22:55 pm »
Hello Xorm, thank you for  checking my app and answering. My raid goal was always as far as I can go. Now with RL messing things up, I am online and available every day from 21.30+ until late, doing M+ mostly with friends. The kind of raiding that is tolerant to baby's timetable is the one I am thinking. Casual or not will be always prepared the same way, tacs, consumables, attention. I am willing to participate to any raid you are willing to check me.
Io always very happy to see your name ingame and in any form of forum  thank you <3.

July 12, 2021, 01:21:10 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vell

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 01:21:10 pm »
Hey Paliourias,
I'm not an officer and expect one of them provide clarification on this, but my understanding is that invites are not extended to social members of the guild for any of our three raid teams. If you want to raid I'd recommend picking the team you feels suits you and your schedule best and apply to that specific team and they can then decide if they can accommodate you.

Best of luck.

July 12, 2021, 01:38:25 pm
Reply #5

Offline Paliouras

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 01:38:25 pm »
Hey Vell,
fair enough, I don't want to hop on and steal someone's raid spot. I just applied as social and if things go well and guild needs a SP, I am willing to participate in any content. Not looking to enter raid with backdoor tricks.
I can't join either raid in time, and if I join I will be late for 1 or 1 and a half hour. That's my biggest problem gamewise. So if officers think social rank and no raid it's fine by me. A cozy guild is my first aim.

July 13, 2021, 06:22:54 am
Reply #6

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 06:22:54 am »
Hello Paliourias,

None of our teams can accommodate your hours. Should that change, I encourage you to talk to the raid's leaders and see if they have a spot for you.
That being said, we will offer you a social spot.

You can poke any officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

July 13, 2021, 06:49:37 am
Reply #7

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 06:49:37 am »
Our TOT raid is generally made to accomodate old people with children like yourself. But since we only raid 3 hours a week on wednesdays, we dont need the disruption of people turning up mid raid.

So if you find that evenings start settling down so you can raid from 20:30 to 23:30 (server time) you can contact Kodin to see if there is an open spot.

Bears like alts!

July 13, 2021, 10:19:38 am
Reply #8

Offline Paliouras

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 10:19:38 am »
Goodmorning, 
Thank you for your time, we will speak online to ask you for an invitation.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

77 Guests, 0 Users