Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Your imba starcraft 2 replays here!

May 01, 2011, 12:47:47 pm
Reply #255

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: Your imba starcraft 2 replays here!
« Reply #255 on: May 01, 2011, 12:47:47 pm »
Any tips for me? :(

Except, you know, it's 3gate expand, not 4gate expand :P
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 01, 2011, 12:51:51 pm
Reply #256

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #256 on: May 01, 2011, 12:51:51 pm »
Hmm, perhaps defend/block your back door bushes? You can also do with more upgrades/tech (blink with that unit mix?).

You should definately scout more. Heck, you have the robo, so build an observer or two to float around the map?
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

May 01, 2011, 12:55:21 pm
Reply #257

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #257 on: May 01, 2011, 12:55:21 pm »
Yeah, I was thinking about blocking those bushes with some cannons after watching the replay.  And ye, scout more!

Should have built some cannons around hte back of my base, too, to block those mutas.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 01, 2011, 01:57:54 pm
Reply #258

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2011, 01:57:54 pm »
Why Matt not build collosus mewonders.
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

May 01, 2011, 02:44:54 pm
Reply #259

Offline Ino

• Guild Member

• ლ(ಠ_ಠლ

« Reply #259 on: May 01, 2011, 02:44:54 pm »
I checked it yesterday quickly, so two things I noticed:

1. The muta tech can throw a toss off if he's not prepared. Versus so many immortals I think hydra/roach would have destroyed it.

2. scouting, the first 12 minutes or so you didn't check inside his base. He could be building carriers for all you know!

May 01, 2011, 09:39:46 pm
Reply #260

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2011, 09:39:46 pm »
What the flying fuck was I meant to do versus this? I spot that he's put an expo at the gold very early and chase it off with lings, it hides behind the wall where I can't touch it. With the long rush distance I couldn't punish his lack stuff in main since his wall would've probably even been up if I'd 11pooled and ran, and with his extra base that until I get more substantial forces or air can't touch as he flies it off, he's basically in a position where he needs no defense for his first expo and can spend it all on macro and units and just smash me brutally.

This game pissed me off hugely. Felt like it was nigh impossible to punish his greedy play or to out-do it. Shiftey couldn't see anything I could have done about this game either. Need insight.

May 01, 2011, 10:34:33 pm
Reply #261

Offline Shiftey

• Guild Member

• My Facebook page
« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2011, 10:34:33 pm »
My only idea was that when his overlord spotted nothing in my base, he should have just built nothing else but lings from that point on and try to just kill me before my unit production got so insane.

May 01, 2011, 11:02:23 pm
Reply #262

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2011, 11:02:23 pm »
Just some thoughts:

You should have killed the destructible rocks leading to the expo you knew he'd floated to. Sure it would have taken some time, but there would be nothing he could do about it, and your lings were just standing around anyway.

At 7:40 you suddenly build 18 zerglings. Why? You have zerglings in front of his base, and no indication that he is planning to move out right there. You also have no idea what he has in his base, other than threefour rax. With the information you had at the time, I'd say you should have checked his front with a zergling and kept droning. This would've let to a ton more drones instead of ending up behind on harvesters, and you could then after some droning switch to roach/ling/baneling and pump out a lot more units than him on one base.

Other than those, sending in an overlord from the rear to see what he has building, sending a single ling to poke up the ramp every minute to try to find out when he moves out (you could so have killed him when he started working on the rocks).

Sending ten lings into his main while he's working on the second set of rocks would also have fucked him up pretty bad. You got pretty unlucky with your banelings by the way, they all detonated at the same time, not really killing a lot of marines, although they should have. In the end, Shifteys main is more or less mined out, so if you had been able to hold the push off, you would have won in no time, as you'd have three working bases vs (n)one.

Edit: Holy shit that's a fast lair too for the short ground distance. Were you worried about banshees?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:06:08 pm by Starbrow »

May 01, 2011, 11:16:41 pm
Reply #263

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #263 on: May 01, 2011, 11:16:41 pm »
Worried about banshees on that map? Gee I wonder...

Not to mention without lair you don't get shit done. You can't upgrade baneling speed - and guess what, that's pretty fucking important to have vs bio terran.

I made a bunch of lings because I needed units. To try and deal with his units. You know, the shit tonne I could expect with that many rax shitting out marines. The lings I need out because they need to be there first before they can be banelings. Which I need to defend vs bioball. He was never on one base. Knocking down rocks with lings is stupendously slow, especially if you don't have the maximum number of lings on it. Even then it's still a few minutes to break them down. Given how much more quickly marines can break down rocks - like the ones between our bases - I kinda needed those lings around to hope to be able to defend.

In particular - "you could so have killed him when he started working on the rocks".

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

I like that you have this idea that it's possible to send lings into a terran's main just like that, but there's the issue of the STRUCTURES in the way, which lings take a long time to kill or if he pulls off maybe 1 or two SCVs they simply can't. One marine and a couple of SCVs would put down any attempt to get into his base with lings, and this is assuming he completely ignores it with his actual army out front.

Honestly, I appreciate you trying but did you even watch it? When you say things like about him being on one base when he never was, or 'just' sending lings into a terran base...

May 02, 2011, 07:40:04 am
Reply #264

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #264 on: May 02, 2011, 07:40:04 am »
Knocking down rocks with lings is stupendously slow, especially if you don't have the maximum number of lings on it. Even then it's still a few minutes to break them down. Given how much more quickly marines can break down rocks - like the ones between our bases - I kinda needed those lings around to hope to be able to defend.

Even if it takes some time, surely having some working on the rocks is better than having all of them sitting at the Xel'naga tower that is so close to them anyway?

Your overlord positioning is good, so you can see it when he starts working his way towards you through the middle, which would give you plenty of time to move back to your own base from down there.

I like that you have this idea that it's possible to send lings into a terran's main just like that, but there's the issue of the STRUCTURES in the way, which lings take a long time to kill or if he pulls off maybe 1 or two SCVs they simply can't.

I meant an attempt at a runby, not killing his structures, which of course is a bad idea. Shiftey is unlikely to have gosu reaction times, and as his army is outside his base, his wall is likely to be open. Even if you found him to be still closed off, you can just run away with your speedlings I would guess...

Honestly, I appreciate you trying but did you even watch it? When you say things like about him being on one base when he never was, or 'just' sending lings into a terran base...

Again, the essence was that he would have been a one base terran if the rocks were broken down eventually.

Another thing: When I spend my time trying to help you, just because I hate that you have to be so frustrated with the game and I like you, I'd appreciate it if you stopped acting like an ass in return. Either that, or don't ask for help if you already know all the answers. "Thanks".

May 02, 2011, 01:38:49 pm
Reply #265

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #265 on: May 02, 2011, 01:38:49 pm »
Yeah, sorry Star. My bad.

For Kage;

May 02, 2011, 05:34:41 pm
Reply #266

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #266 on: May 02, 2011, 05:34:41 pm »
Started sticking all my ladder replays on sc2replayed.com - http://www.sc2replayed.com/players/13953-daekesh !
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 02, 2011, 05:35:22 pm
Reply #267

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #267 on: May 02, 2011, 05:35:22 pm »
Can you make it auto or are you doing it manually?

May 02, 2011, 05:36:11 pm
Reply #268

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #268 on: May 02, 2011, 05:36:11 pm »
I turned on 'auto save replays', i upload them manually - takes about 10s per replay.  Uploaded the last 2 days' worth in a few minutes.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 02, 2011, 05:36:54 pm
Reply #269

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #269 on: May 02, 2011, 05:36:54 pm »
sc2ranks.com links in with sc2replayed aswell, and it displays your last 10 replays. 
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:34:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

217 Guests, 0 Users