Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Nephanix

August 19, 2015, 10:42:20 pm
Read 6271 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Nephanix
« on: August 19, 2015, 10:42:20 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Nephanix
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Nephanix/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Philip and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I finished my 3rd year in uni this summer and I'm currently looking for a job.

Class/Spec:

I play Sub as main spec and Combat as my offspec. I've chosen sub over assassination as I'm more comfterable in the ways of Sub. The reasoning behind having combat as my offspec is simple, it has amazing cleave potential, which makes some fights so much easier. Sub and combat are both at 707 Item Level.

I go for Multistrike in both my combat and my sub spec. Multistrike is best for singletarget sub, and is best for combat cleave (4+ targets). This makes it a lot easier for me to collect gear, I don't need a full set with different stats on it.
I feel like the two most important things as a rogue, is having as close to 100% uptime as possible and knowing when to pool your energy. I've learned about my prioreties from sites such as Icy-Veins and MMO-Champion.

Alts:

I have my warlock at level 100, but only 680 Ilvl.

Professions:

My proffesions are Engineering and Alchemy. Engingeering for the gadgets and alchemy for easy accses to potions and flasks.

Raiding Experience:

I've played both tank and dps at semi-hardcore levels, and healer at a pretty hardcore level. I started raiding back in WotLK where I cleared about 90% of the content(10/12 hc icc 25, Tribute to Insanty ToC, most Ulduar hardmodes). Cataclysms first tiers I only cleared on normal sadly, as the guild from WotLK became rather inactive, but when it came to dragonsoul I found a new home and managed to clear the entire raid in 25M heroic. MoP was kind of the same as WotLK to Cata for me, the guild became somewhat inactive, I stayed with them though but did not get to raid seriously before SoO. However in SoO I managed to get into Pwnanza and raid with them, however I had to leave as their intense raiding schedule for WoD was too much for me to handle. I'm currently 1/13 mythic HFC.

Previous Guilds:

WotLK: Swedish Elites and Kawhoom. I left Swedish Elites becuase they lacked motivation to push themselves to the limit. Kawhoom became inactive.
Cataclysm: CR. The guild I cleared Dragonsoul with, they became somewhat inactive in MoP.
MoP: Pwnanza and Cerebral. I left Cerebral as I felt they weren't serious when raiding. Pwnanza had plans for an intense schedule I couldn't keep up with.

Availability:

I'm available pretty much always. No School, No job (currently).

Communication:

Yes, my I speak and understand English well. I do talk in voicecom, yes.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is able to handle raid content, my internet is stable and my ping is about 20-30 on Kazzak. My fps does drop somewhat if the fears on Mannoroth are soaked by a too many people and the ground effect covers half of the platform. (when I say drop, I'm talking 20-30 fps, so it's not like I cannot handle it at that point)

Addons/UI:

BigWigs, Weakauras, ElvUI, AngryAssignment, RCLootCouncil and Skada.
http://i.imgur.com/nAHmxIU.jpg = My UI with most of my WeakAuras showing. (I do have new WA's for HFC aswell)
http://i.imgur.com/CVw6RCo.jpg = Here is my UI in combat.

Other Games:

Diablo 3, HotS, Rocket League and a bit of CS:GO.

Why Iron Edge?

When reading the description on Wowprogress I felt like it really did speak to me. You guys seem to have the same goals and interests as myself.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A good player that learns quickly, that always tries his hardest no matter what and always looks forward to a challange.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Looking to what you have to say in the reply, in the meanwhile, have a good one.

August 19, 2015, 10:46:47 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Nephanix
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 10:46:47 pm »
ooohh another rogue, very interesting! Wonder what Supremacy thinks of getting more competition :)

I like your UI!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 19, 2015, 11:35:59 pm
Reply #2

Offline Lycanus

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 11:35:59 pm »
u like that UI ?!?! its worse than mine lol!

important question here.... Squirtle, Charmander or Bulbasaur?
*You guys are taking this way to seriously!*

August 19, 2015, 11:46:28 pm
Reply #3

Offline Nemiron

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 11:46:28 pm »
Sucks that you live in Stockholm, gotta be bad to live on the backside of Sweden!
"In my spare time I go out with friends (and smoke some weed ofc :P)."

"Shame the helicopter chick died though, i loved her (and her tits, my god they could have added some extra 3D to those)."

"Sorry I'm retarded :P"

- Quotes from a truly wise man

August 19, 2015, 11:52:16 pm
Reply #4

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 11:52:16 pm »
Hello Nephanix,

first of all I like your application, especially regarding experience, but would like to ask some questions before approving you for a trial.   
You said you played all of the roles at least semi-hardcore and healer even on a hardcore level. Which role did you play in which expansion/raid tier and most importantly, for how long have you been raiding with your rogue? Would you be comfortable switching your role in the future should we have a critical oversaturation of melee? 
Second, I have a little nit-picky question about your weapon enchant. You said Multistrike is the best stat for both of your specs, but you seem to have a Mark of Warsong on your offhand (offhand for combat I assume). Why did you choose the haste enchant? 

Otherwise I am very optimistic about a trial.

August 20, 2015, 01:07:20 am
Reply #5

Nephanis

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 01:07:20 am »
I've been playing my rogue since wrath of the lich king, as an alt. Figured I'd make it my main since I got bored of my paladin (paladin was my main since vanilla). In wrath I played prot up to ICC where I went holy. In Cataclysm I played Protection and holy in the first tiers, in Dragonsoul I rolled Retribution. When MoP came around I played ret and holy throughout the expansion, so instead of having a prot spec, I played my monk as a tank instead (sweet sweet vengeance cap). And during all of this time I also played my rogue on the side.

And about my offhand having the wrong enchant... I actually simmed my character today with this offhand, I was using a dagger before this, which has the multistrike enchant. I've yet to change it yet, that's it.

August 20, 2015, 07:37:43 am
Reply #6

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 07:37:43 am »
ooohh another rogue, very interesting! Wonder what Supremacy thinks of getting more competition :)

Its a solid app, and u know me I am always up for more competition, I just fear he would not actually be able to get room for Mythic and thus always be behind on gear = under average performance dps wise.

I would say decline as we have a stable Rogue team atm, but in the end it comes all the same. A good questions would be is he ok with missing a chunk of Mythic due to a limited spots and a heavy number of melee that we have atm, not to mention those DKs that are coming/came over.

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

August 20, 2015, 10:07:00 am
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 10:07:00 am »
u like that UI ?!?! its worse than mine lol!

I basically approve of any UI that has all relevant raiding information close to your character.

I'd like to give this a thumbs up for a trial, considering the incoming content drought and the inevitable slack from raiders. What say you, Phoenix?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 20, 2015, 02:09:33 pm
Reply #8

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 02:09:33 pm »
Hello Nephanix, I like your application and your UI. I do have a question though, you left Cerebral because you felt they were not serious when raiding. May I ask how you handled the lack of seriousness? What level of seriousness do you expect and are you looking for?

Cheers,

Tutan

August 20, 2015, 02:46:15 pm
Reply #9

Offline Lycanus

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 02:46:15 pm »
he still has to answer the most important question of all!!

important question here.... Squirtle, Charmander or Bulbasaur?

WHAT SAY U!
*You guys are taking this way to seriously!*

August 20, 2015, 05:33:17 pm
Reply #10

Nephanis

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 05:33:17 pm »
@tutan, when i was playing in cerebral i played my paladin as holy, i was kind of upset with other healers in the guild as they did not even try to do their best, we had a restoration shaman that REFUSED do enchant his gear differently to get to his 2nd haste breakpoint, even though that would increase his healing output. I brought that point up with both the GM and the shaman himself, both seemed uninterested in doing anything about it. And when something as simple as an enchant can increase the amount of healing youre doing by a decent amount, why wouldn't you?

....I've always been a fan of Bulbasaur.

August 20, 2015, 06:28:06 pm
Reply #11

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 06:28:06 pm »
Right I've left this long enough why is no one asking would you be prepared to play your lock considering clearing hc isn't a problem would get Upto standard quickly, as mentioned our melee roster is rather huge and are you prepared to stick around till end of wod or thinking of a break before the end of wod as we are after reliable members at this point to last the summer and fall and start of next year.

The most important thing is if you were asked to a party and the choice of punch or pie what would you bring?

Otherwise nice application ui is alright would be nice for bit more mythic progress off brf but not vital considering.

Good luck on the apply
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

August 20, 2015, 06:35:44 pm
Reply #12

Nephanis

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 06:35:44 pm »
I do not have any intentions of quitting the game or taking breaks. I could play my warlock, but as I said, it's an alt with bad gear.

Apple pie all the way. Punch is not a real thing, it only exists in American teenage prom night movies.

August 20, 2015, 06:51:32 pm
Reply #13

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 06:51:32 pm »
The gear would come so not bothered considered most of hc items go de now, I'd consider carefully bout going lock as don't want you to play a class you don't enjoy, just me thinking is all. But we do need locks for summoning portals and demon jokes, just depends if it's something you'd enjoy or love to be honest.

Thanks for answering but the correct answer was neither, you get a greasey kebab on the way home and bring a keg of beer with you ;)

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

August 21, 2015, 01:32:43 pm
Reply #14

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 01:32:43 pm »
Your answers satisfied me in a way my ex never could, so I'd love to give you a trial. As soon as you're ready, message an officer for an invite.

Welcome to the guild!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:35:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

256 Guests, 0 Users