Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.

June 19, 2009, 01:41:04 pm
Read 21416 times

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.
« on: June 19, 2009, 01:41:04 pm »
From what I've picked up most people in Iron edge love Transformers, so has anyone seen it yet and what did they think?

Lets try and keep it spoiler free?!

June 19, 2009, 01:53:26 pm
Reply #1

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

Re: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 01:53:26 pm »
snot out here yet 24th of june (in holland that is) gonna drag some friends to it to watch
hopefully it doesnt have a shit love story like the last movie other then that i cant wait
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

June 19, 2009, 01:59:57 pm
Reply #2

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 01:59:57 pm »
Watching it tonight.

June 19, 2009, 02:42:41 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 02:42:41 pm »
Gee, thanks for inviting me.
Now I run a tech website.

June 19, 2009, 02:53:40 pm
Reply #4

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 02:53:40 pm »
Gee, thanks for inviting me.

Its my brother's birthday meal/movie family thing, or i would have.

June 19, 2009, 03:08:05 pm
Reply #5

Offline delling

• Homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 03:08:05 pm »
:(

I'll just ask my other frien--- oh wait.

June 19, 2009, 03:29:23 pm
Reply #6

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 03:29:23 pm »
Pfft, you're gidruaring anyway!

June 20, 2009, 02:55:10 am
Reply #7

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 02:55:10 am »
So...

First thing you should know, its that its a long movie, approaching 3 hours.

Basically the director has taken everything people liked about the first movie, explosions, collosial robot fights, gratitous property damage, embarresing parents, astornishingly hot girls, etc, and made a movie with just lots of that.

All of the same characters from the first movie are there (with the exception of the fat black dude). The awkward, yet loveable nerd, struggling to maintain a normal life, starting college, and then enevitably being drawn back in to the war, and then attempting to stay alive. The embarrasing parents, forever saying the most inappropriate things, and giving us gems of comedy. The Stupendously Hot Girl (deserves the caps.). The manic "agent", amusing us with his quirky dialoge. They are all there, and very entertaining to watch.

Megan Fox. Yes, she deserves her own paragraph. She is still ridiculously hot, and the crafty director knows it. You can tell this by the fact that the first scene we see her in, she is bending over a motor bike, wearing short shorts. The rest of the movie, she is either: 1. pouting and looking fine, 2. attempting to look scared/anxious while looking fine, or (my favorite) running away from explosions, towards the camera, while wearing a loose bloose, and (you guessed it) looking exceptionally fine. If you took out all the Transformers, just left in the Megan Fox parts, called it "Megan Fox, running", it would probably still be worth the cinema ticket.

The Transformers themselves. As to be expected with a sequel, they are bigger, badder, and more destructive. The fight scenes are fast, visually very impressive, and retardedly collateral damage heavy. The scences are entertaining to watch, however, they are very repetative, don't vary much.
   With out giving away too much, they introduce some new bots. A couple of whom i could accurately describe as "getto bots". They also introduce a "Grandfather" transformer, who is somewhat amusing. Not really anything new.

There is the traditional: (US military) "we don't need no stinking Autobots to beat these Deceptacons!", "OMG we just got PWNED!" and "Its ok, the Autobots are here to save us!" scences. The plot is quickly rushed in between the "OMG BIG ROBOTS FIGHTING OTHER BIG ROBOTS!" scenes.

There is the director's attempt at "lets make in an epic trillogy like Star Wars, and have like the first movie as a decisive victory for the good guys, while the secound (like the Empire Strikes Back) is where the the good guys take a beating, suffer losses and death, but are ultimately victorous at the end, thus setting us up for the final part of the epic trillogy", which is unoriginal, and quite lame.

So, all in all it ends up being a slightly above adverage American action blockbuster. It doesn't requre you to think, at all, just watch. Its failing is the extremly repetative robot fight scenes, which thought entertaining, after an hour of a half of, you get kinda bored, and you still have over an hour left of them. The redeeming factors are the human cast, who generally keep you amused, and interested. Its not an oscar winner, and its no great story.

Its worth a watch, just for Shia LaBeouf (who IMO is a talented, and entertaining actor, who you easily sympathize with) and Megan Fox (who is just so damm watchable).

7/10

June 20, 2009, 03:09:39 am
Reply #8

Offline delling

• Homepage
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 03:09:39 am »
3 hours! Chrikee.

Great review, made even better by your best typo ever: "a loose bloose".

Hahahaha.

June 20, 2009, 04:01:10 am
Reply #9

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 04:01:10 am »
I think what most people wanted to always see was huge robots fighting each other, IMO.

Also, I feel your post had some spoilers in it, mostly the star wars part, still sounds like a decent watch!

June 20, 2009, 11:52:55 am
Reply #10

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 11:52:55 am »
Also, I feel your post had some spoilers in it, mostly the star wars part,

Not really. If you have watched any of the trailers, teasers or advetising posters; they all scream "the Deceptacons strike back!". Most of them end with just the Deceptacon icon, and the tag line "Revenge is coming", so what i said is hardly unexpected.

Or was it that i told you that the good guys win in the end, that spoilted it for you? I am sorry, I didn't mean to spoil your first movie. Its probably a bad idea to tell you that Bambi's mum dies then, huh?

Great review, made even better by your best typo ever: "a loose bloose".

How dare you mock Megan Fox's bloose!

P.S. I am still disappointed, that they don't do the "switching between the Autobots and Deceptacon icons", when they change POV, with the "Da, daa da, daaaaaa", music, liike they did in the cartoons.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 11:56:47 am by Hugman »

June 20, 2009, 12:31:19 pm
Reply #11

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 12:31:19 pm »
It came more across as "The bad guys win"

But I was reading it late.

June 20, 2009, 12:34:30 pm
Reply #12

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 12:34:30 pm »
bad guys win? IN MY HOLYWOOD? UNPOSSIBLE
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

June 20, 2009, 12:37:42 pm
Reply #13

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 12:37:42 pm »
bad guys win? IN MY HOLYWOOD? UNPOSSIBLE

Yeah, thats how I was reading it I guess, wrong I know but still, would of been awesome plot twist if they did win.

Also Hugman, sequal?

June 24, 2009, 03:57:37 pm
Reply #14

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 03:57:37 pm »
sigh. The first "The bad guy wins" movie that comes out will be like the ultimate revolution of movies. I have alwayz felt that it was shit the way the good guys ALWAYZ fucking faceroll the OP bad guy in the end. I feel that it has contibuted to why i liked Dungeon keeper so much.
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 10:29:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

161 Guests, 0 Users