Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Riddik, 70 rogue

November 22, 2007, 07:05:32 pm
Read 8677 times

Offline Riddik

• Vendor Trash

Riddik, 70 rogue
« on: November 22, 2007, 07:05:32 pm »
Riddik - Level 70 Undead Rogue

Hello thar IE, I know your recruitment on rogues is no doubt closed, but I thought ill leave an application for future references.

Personal Information

My character on WoW is called riddik, been playing as a rogue since January 05. Have had a bit of a break since my old guild split up, but looking to get back into things. My real name is jack, i'm 19, i live in England, working, that’s about all you need to know  ;D

Character Information

My gear can be seen here:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Riddik

Rogue is the class i have most fun with, i love simple things like getting some friends together and having a little stealth run into IF, i’m also i dedicated and loyal member when it comes to guilds.

Attunements:
Karazhan: Yes
The Eye: No
Serpentshire Cavern: No
The Black Temple: No
Hyjal: No

Raiding

I can raid most nights, sometimes i go out with friends on a Friday or Saturday. But other nights I’m pretty much free to do what i want.

More specific times:

Mondays: Whenever required
Tuesdays: Whenever required
Wednesdays: Whenever required
Thursdays: Whenever required
Fridays: Sometimes out with friends
Saturday: Sometimes working/friends
Sundays: Most likely whenever required

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

I don’t want to write about every game i have played, since it would be a tab bit long. But i started playing wow since 05, my account has been running since. I have always been a player on Dunemaul, don’t plan to migrate either. I have made a fair amount of friends on this server, my first major guild was FWE over a year ago. Then some other guilds until i found Freaks Inc. who re-guilded to Storm but sadly disbanded. I learned a lot from the guild, how to raid and be organised and be ready for long hours of raiding.

i like to stick with things once they get going, though i recently had a break from WoW, mostly to do with guild disbandment and my love for Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2  ;D. I love to PvP, one thing i mostly enjoy, who doesn’t love killing gnomes?! Usually when i have free time on WoW i will just chill out with my friends, go explore and see what happens. Since Storm disbanded i have been guildless.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

This guild has been around since i started playing WoW, i have spoke to the members now and then and made some friends, though i’m pretty sure they aren’t members anymore. From what i remember ive never had any trouble with IE members and the people i have spoken to have a good sense of humour. If i had the chance i would give it my best, i understand it’s a long shot and my gear might not be great but ild like to leave an application anyway.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

Well i think im a good person to get on with, if im online im usually up for anything. I try my best to enjoy the game and make people laugh, i think having a sense of humour is a great thing. i got on with all my old guildies and had many good raid experiences with them. Ill come prepared for all raids and just give it my best.

November 22, 2007, 07:12:46 pm
Reply #1

Offline Lobby

• Former Member

• Oh snap what the hell?!?

Re: Riddik, 70 rogue
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 07:12:46 pm »
Hey Riddik.

Its a great application to be honest. But I think that your gear is way to poor in addition to IE standards.

Also, you not being attuned to BT and hyjal would mean we have to both gear you up AND run you through 2 instances for us to be able to use you.

However this is not my class so I guess you'll have to wait for a final answer.

Good luck on your application.

Lobsteer!

November 22, 2007, 07:25:40 pm
Reply #2

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 07:25:40 pm »
Holy shit, you're still playing? You may or may not recall levelling a little bit in ferales with me quite a while ago (though whether it was on my rogue or my warrior I can no longer recall) - good times!

Lobsteer has a point though - with your attunements/gear and our raiding schedule (basically Hyjal & BT with the odd bits of other stuff) you certainly wouldn't be raiding very much.

The thing is I think you'd probably fit in really well here aside from raiding. We've got a bunch of TF2 fans (even got a steam friends group for IE & friends which I'm sure you'd be welcome in...) too.

Anyway...

My best reccomendation, if it'd suit you, you could apply as in the friends and family section. You would probably not raid much, but I think you'd fit in well with the community here. But if you really want to be raiding, then I don't know.

Either way, next time you're on steam, add me to your friends, my ID is kawikah. We have a reasonably active TF2 crowd, and you're probably welcome on vent too if you're playing with us. :)

Later!

November 23, 2007, 02:24:21 am
Reply #3

Offline Riddik

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 02:24:21 am »
feralas, wow that was a long time ago! leveling was the best part, i think it was your warrior, maybe me memory is abit rusty  :o

but yes i agree with my gear and attunements, hopfully ill be able to sort them out, is there any guides on getting them?

but the friend option sounds good, at least ild get to know people and its a start. maybe i could work on my gear and attunements.

November 23, 2007, 03:15:34 am
Reply #4

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 03:15:34 am »
Speaking of attunements, just noticed something about your post - you say you're not attuned to the eye or serpentshrine, which is a little difficult since they removed the need to attune to those a while back ;)

Black Temple still requires you to be able to get into Hyjal, which in turn requires you to have killed Kael'thas and Lady Vashj. I don't think we raid TK and SSC at the moment, though I hear of the odd attunement run or something like that. So it's a little difficult to get attuned to BT and Hyjal without raiding those places.

As for gear improvements, I'm not really a good person to speak to regarding that, although as far as I know the best bet at the moment would be to try getting into Zul Aman & badge farming. As I said though, I'm about as far from knowledgable about what is and where to find the best rogue gear available outside of raiding, and whether or not it's good enough to raid BT/Hyjal with.

November 23, 2007, 12:50:51 pm
Reply #5

Auran

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 12:50:51 pm »

Black Temple still requires you to be able to get into Hyjal, which in turn requires you to have killed Kael'thas and Lady Vashj.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's about time they remove those overexaggerated high requirements, because it completely blocks players like Riddik with the will and the time to take raiding in this game seriously. As obvious it has come to the point that - to be IE raiding worthy - you ALREADY need to have BT/MH kind of gear, but to get it, you need to be in a guild like IE... hm... do I spot a looping paradox here?

November 23, 2007, 02:32:24 pm
Reply #6

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 02:32:24 pm »
The raiding game is tiered.  To get into Kara you need to do heroics.  To get into SSC/TK (or, well, used to) you need to do Kara/Mag/Gruul.  To get into Hyjal/BT you need to do SSC/TK.  It's about progression, not jumping straight into the deep end.

You don't need to have the gear level we have now.  You need to have the gear level required to get what we have now.  That's a huge difference.  It involves a lot of time and effort.  Something everyone in IE (who raids) has already put it.  It's only fair that we ask the same from people who wish to join.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 23, 2007, 02:39:47 pm
Reply #7

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 02:39:47 pm »
I think Auran was pointing out a problem that's a little more server specific. Dunemaul horde basically has a couple of guilds that are all at similar progression, and then there's a big gap, then a bunch that are rather behind compared to the top few, and probably not moving that fast either, to say the least. So if you're someone who has the will and the time to raid and want to see the end game content, the problem is there's basically nowhere ideal for you to get a foot on the ladder, or that's how it seems, roughly.

So, as a result, "asking the same" of people who want to join in, is a little more steep a request and a little less fair when you need the specific raid environment and group to exist at the correct point of progression!

I've not explained my point very well at all, and by stating this I am pre-emptively side-stepping any counter-argument. Don't ever say I'm not cunning in a similar manner to an orange quadruped something like a dog but with a large bushy tail and a taste for rabbits.

November 23, 2007, 03:25:14 pm
Reply #8

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 03:25:14 pm »
I get what you're saying, but you can always look for guilds on other servers and migrate.  No server is an island.  If you're at a kara level, you should look for t5 progressed guilds and gear up there and get attuned.  If there aren't any on your server, look elsewhere.

Just so we're clear on this, there are guilds currently raiding in ssc and tk on Dunemaul.

Edit: I'm not trying to be harsh, just realistic.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 03:30:01 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 23, 2007, 03:34:50 pm
Reply #9

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 03:34:50 pm »
Him not having Kael vial will require us to do a TK instance which involves 3 hours x24 man = 72 manhours + a retarded learning curve @ KT where each and every passenger will do everything in their power on every phase to wipe us wasting gold, fun and time spend mucho better else where. And no, TK is not a fun instance anymore :)

Hence its a minus when you do not have the Kael vial when you apply as a raider to a Illidan farming guild. We didnt make him apply also ;)

Good luck on the app as i do remember you as a nice guy!

C

November 23, 2007, 06:03:28 pm
Reply #10

Auran

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 06:03:28 pm »
Actually, and that may sound a bit strange, i agree with you all.

I mean, Kawe indeed perfectly expresses my point - thanks for that.

Daek, I know you are right, and I am perfectly fine with that, yes you are realistic. I was just pointing out an observation which I see happening a lot.
Though i think the matter of migrating is a bit - eh - no. I'd rather see Blizz cut down requirements than people jumping servers and filling the producer's pockets with at least 50euros just to get into the guild of choice at the end; but that is more offtopic.

Cwave underlines Daek's statement, and his maths seem flawless... so i guess Riddik should apply for F&F, but eh... maybe we should really really really consider finding something we dutch call 'the golden midway'.

reactions?

edit: i might be going on a subject not suitable for this topic; so feel free to move it to another place. Riddik gets my vote anyway for F&F, as I prob must have played with him during the last 2 years, and he is not on my 'sucking horde players-list'.

November 23, 2007, 06:46:57 pm
Reply #11

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 06:46:57 pm »
If the requirements for the end-game content are so stupidly easy to accomplish, why bother having them at all?  You can't just level to 70 and then expect to complete the hardest instance in the game.  That'd be really shit.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 23, 2007, 09:50:03 pm
Reply #12

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 09:50:03 pm »
Though i think the matter of migrating is a bit - eh - no. I'd rather see Blizz cut down requirements than people jumping servers and filling the producer's pockets with at least 50euros just to get into the guild of choice at the end; but that is more offtopic.

If the requirements for the end-game content are so stupidly easy to accomplish, why bother having them at all?  You can't just level to 70 and then expect to complete the hardest instance in the game.  That'd be really shit.

Both true!

But the difficulty right now is that the pre-quests require the end of each previous raid. And if you remember in the past, BWL attunement was seperate to MC, and AQ didn't require BWL, and Naxx didn't require AQ. Yet that wasn't a case of 'just being 60'.

Don't forget too that for the longest time, Iron Edge has been more about the player than the gear when recruiting - obviously the gear level here isn't at a level to just join right into the end game 25 man raids, but to say to someone, "migrate somewhere else and leave the people you know here, get your attunements from some other guild - we don't care who - and then you can migrate back to join us", is kind of unrealistic. For one, the player would probably not be looked upon well by another guild, especially if they made their intentions clear ("hey guys, just joining for attunes, then I'm outta here klol"), or alternatively why would they want to come back after being so brashly turned away from here?

Is it not better for the community, when someone who could and would contribute to it want to join, can join, with a view to raiding at a later date when it's a more appropriate time, and in the mean time join 10 mans, heroics, and general banter? Of course, if an applicant really did want immediate raiding that wouldn't suit them but sometimes it's just nice to have another recruit to the retard crew here, no? :)

Players are what you invest in in a guild, and unless they're a bad egg, you'll get a return on the investment. Speaking from an Iron Edge warrior's point of view, our raiding tin-can-man crew is made up mostly of people who have simply either been around for ages and love the guild, or those who maybe learned the hard way they belong here, but either way we're a bunch of players who the guild has put time into, and that's something I personally massively appreciate, and I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. Point in question, don't forget to recruit the player and not the gear! Even if you're investing with the hopes of long term, rather than short term, returns.

Hmm.

I got a little deeper there than I had originally intended, and still botched my point! Go me! Maybe some of you will be able to decipher what I had in my head when I typed it. :P

November 23, 2007, 09:56:45 pm
Reply #13

Offline Aleandro

• Guild Member

• Sneaky as we are!

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 09:56:45 pm »
OMG Drama !!!

Hm well as u know rogue recruitmant is closed as we already have potential raiders in guild so am sry to say but must Decline your application at least for radier as u applied here.
However agree with Daekesh :D

November 23, 2007, 10:14:47 pm
Reply #14

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 10:14:47 pm »
Don't get me wrong, if he wants to join our non-raider crew then I'm sure he'd be a fine edition, a lot of people seem to know and like the guy.  But, as he's applied on the raider forum, I don't think that's what he wants.  And, if I'm right about that, then IE probably isn't the place for him. I'm simply saying that joining another guild he has the attunements and gear for would be best for him and his raiding career, not that he do it simply to prepare himself for future entry into IE.  It'd be extremely arrogant to think people would actually do that...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 10:18:00 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:22:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

67 Guests, 0 Users