Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Excy

September 07, 2016, 02:35:17 am
Read 4358 times

Applicant

Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Excy
« on: September 07, 2016, 02:35:17 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Excy
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Excy/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: social

Personal Info:

Greetings Iron Edge!

My name is Hugo, I live in the north of Portugal and I'm currently studying Biomedical Engineering in the University of Minho. Pretty much my whole life just went around playing video games, from Sega / PS1 to nowadays XBox 1 / PC and looking into buying VR (Virtual Reality), along with always being a top graded student, with long (but worse) duration relationships and many many friends to enjoy a memorable night out with.

Class/Spec:

I'm currently playing a Fire Mage.

I have always been tempted to try a mage out for real in WoW, they've had their ups and downs throughout WoW's lifespan but overall it always was an enjoyable class to play in my eyes. Also, I've checked videos of one my favorite YouTubers - mikepreachwow aka Preach - he showed very comparisons between different classes and all different specs within the same class. I enjoyed the playstyle from all mage specs, so swapping around when one becomes OP and the other doesn't will not take an impact on the fun that I have while playing.

I play Fire Mage because I tend to read a lot, and by doing so I found myself being told and proved that Fire Mages are currently the highest DPS output compared to other specs (even though Frost ain't too far off).

Alts:

No alts for now, will explain why below.

Professions:

I'm currently Mining / Enchanting, no kewl recipes so far besides the ones you get from quests, most of them are Rank2.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Okay here goes.

I started playing WoW in Vanilla when I was very very youngerino. I played a Protection Warrior in a guild called Tombstone in Bloodfeather EU. I progressed through all MC / Ony / BWL / Azuregos (one time!!) / AQ40 until Huhuran. In AQ40 itself the guild started falling slowly apart, most players left for the top top guilds on the server, such as Nightmare Souls and Endurance. I quit then with some members Vanilla WoW leaving my progression at Princess Huhuran.

In TBC I took it a bit more seriously, I transfered to a friend's server - Grim Batol -  on my Holy Paladin and progressed through Kara / Gruul / Magtheridon / SSC / TK / Some bosses in BT. I ended up quitting the game due to my conflicts that I still don't understand between me and my Class Leader. He did not like me from start, he still took me, caused a big mess. I'm no friend of drama at all and it was the only situation in my whole WoW that I've faced drama so close to my feet.

In WotLK I went casual, focused more on grills and school, did Naxx / OS / Uld / ToC ez modes on a Protection Paladin which I later abandoned for my Hunter in ICC. I was in a portuguese guild called Tony Carreira Fan Club (Tony Carreira is that kind of singer all old women like, it felt a bit shameful wearing that tag under your name). To note in ICC the guild had ripped with the GM transfering to Horde, so I mostly pugged it til Valthiria? Dreamwalker on 25 M.

Cataclysm, I came for first raids I did BoT / BWD on normal modes, nothing serious again, due to school being heavy I turned off a bit for FL but came back to Dragon Soul to witness how bad it was, while still fully clearing it on ze Prot Pala.

After my subscription ended and so on I wanted to come back to try MoP but noticed my account being permanently banned. I spoke to a GM and they lifted the ban but a couple days later they banned it again and it forever ripped. Reasonings were gold related, I did not do it to a full extent but I do remember abusing a slight system on some fashionist gold selling website in somewhere around TBC / WotLK.

So can I prove all my achievements that I mentioned up there? No, character is banned. Does it matter? Probably, but this is a Social application, I was true in my words, I sadly own 0 SS of the good old times.

After that setback, I forgot MoP and went through with the wave of Private Server Vanilla Realms. I jumped on a Feenix realm called Emerald Dream. I created a Hunter by the name of Exception and played in a guild called Vanguard. We started from scratch, I was officer in the guild from day one, we slowly became better and better to the points of being considered one of the best guilds on the server, still without the potential to fight for Server Firsts, but had very nice clear records and DPS records.
I was along with Zecov, a hunter in the top guild, the best Hunter DPS on the server, holding best BWL and MC average DPS, along with boss fight records itself.
Emerald Dream died (ofc privet servur), but Kronos came. We went to Kronos and I still play under the tag of Vanguard. We immediately tried to put a name and a mark on the server, we came late to it but quickly did MC in one full night (we farmed rep before) along with starting to dominate fully the world boss scene (Azuregos and Kazzak and later on Emerald Nightmare Dragons). BWL came and we were potential server firsts for it along with a guild named Synced. We lost it, Chromaggus was bugged Synced knew about it, it spammed a lot of diseases / curses / magics and we had to counter with a lot of Paladins that we didn't have at the time since we were still fresh.
While BWL was out we set the world fastest BWL ever done with vanilla content, doing BWL in merely 24 minutes.
Shortly after came AQ40, it released at 4 AM due to War Effort ending time and it was our server first to take. We all woke up that early to clear AQ40 along with that guild named Synced. We lost :P. Synced killed C'thun 1min49sec ahead of us, only because we took a quick pee-break before C'thun that night... FeelsBadMan. Eitherway that's the whole content out there, I currently own most #1s in AQ40 as hunter and I still play there, though more casually but still standing out to be the best hunter the server has seen - yes hunter deeps can be gud.

Relevant links:

Sadly none for retail exp, but I believe that Tombstone has some videos from vanilla on YT!
BWL Speedrun Vid -
my hunter's name is Exceptionz, you can hear me talk a bit in the end :P.
My current AQ40 logs - http://kronos-logs.com/character_info/character/Exceptionz I missed a raid, therefore I still wasn't able to retake what I lost!
Current character on Kronos - http://armory.twinstar.cz/character-sheet.xml?r=Kronos&cn=Exceptionz

Previous Guilds:

Said above.

Availability:

I'm currently on vacation ending this week. My schedule next week will be a bit tough with classes only in the afternoons til around 7 server time. However, mornings are free, I can play mornings and afternoons after school when I find the due time.

I raid with Vanguard on Thursdays 7 PM.

Communication:

I speak english very fluently, I forgot to mention but I did raid lead a bit throughout my whole WoW, can't raid lead without proper english.

I have TS3 and a microphone - Steelseries Sibera V2, looking foward to quickly buy Logitech G633 (fuck wireless).

Computer / Connection:

0 FPS issues, 0 MS on kazzak, I do not DC or have lags unless it's an issue on the server.

Addons/UI:

http://imgur.com/vhm44yR

Elvui, TMW, Skada, BigWigs, Grid, etc.

All keybinds are shown, it's what I find most comfortable playing with, I recently swapped 2 binds around so Poly and Slow Fall are unbinded but not for long, just haven't dedicated a bit of time to it yet.

Other Games:

Currently none.

Why Iron Edge?

Outofmana is my bud from Vanilla Private Server WoW, he can confirm anything I said :D.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm a dedicated player, I like to bring my best on anything I do and attempt to become better than everyone else. Right now I have no guild to play with, I really want to progress Mythic dungeons with a nice collective of people that I can learn with quickly and that is happy to take me.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Outofmana told me about you guys!

Last Words?

My Armory link above does not seem to work cause it isn't obviously updated, eitherway my current ilvl is 825, I recently had an issue solved with my Class Order Campaign quest so I was stuck with 2 followers and without the 3rd Artifact Relic unlocked until now. I am progressing through as we speak. (Took me 6 days to get a hold of a GM).

That's all really, I hope you like it, any additional information you can contact my IG, I'm only usually at anytime.

September 07, 2016, 03:11:40 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Excy
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 03:11:40 pm »
This is a very impressive app, well done!

You should get Outofmana in here to vouch for you!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 07, 2016, 03:23:57 pm
Reply #2

Offline Schumacher

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 03:23:57 pm »
Long time no see guys, during my vanish after Garrosh 25man I have indeed been playing vanilla with Exception. Now during our AQ40 farm atm and waiting for naxx, we ofc cannot help ourselves and have to try some legion, could use this friendly portugese boy for 5mans, which I'm sure he will perform as good as his lvl 60 huntard.

Either way nice and very suprising to see that almost everyone from back then is still playing and in iron-edge, WoD mustn't have been as bad as I always though then^^.

September 08, 2016, 01:42:57 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 01:42:57 pm »
You can poke an officer for an invite.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 08, 2016, 06:03:34 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 06:03:34 pm »
Using that Preach UI I see :P
Ba dun tss!

September 09, 2016, 03:02:55 am
Reply #5

Offline Excy

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 03:02:55 am »
Yeah I'm using that one, but I've been always using ElvUI since it came out. Considering I came back for Legion without doing WoD I figured I'd try it out without having to make one of my own, so far I don't dislike it just need to update bigwigs ;D

Ps. He stole my idea of going mage

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:08:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

90 Guests, 0 Users