Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 B-raid application

May 24, 2009, 03:41:26 pm
Read 4714 times

Offline Accunster

• Former Member

B-raid application
« on: May 24, 2009, 03:41:26 pm »
With this first post on your forums I welcome Iron Edge to peek inside the world according to Accunster lvl 80 troll Mage. I am aware that you're not currently looking for mages but have a read atleast. I am well good at stand-by too.

In real life I'm Jonas from Sweden who's racked up 38 years and still counting. I currently work full time as a senior systems administrator. The senior part is the bomb as it means there are juniors who can work the odd hours and graveshifts. In short I have a normal 9-5 job that allows me to raid any given night.

Lazy link to my armory page is ->here<-

SPECS:
I do follow the recomendations on Elitist Jerks but I also conduct a lot of own experiments with specs (you'll most likely spot me at the target dummys fully raidbuffed some days per week). Not that I don't accnowledge the supremacy of the EJ guys but finding some odd shit that actually isn't to bad is on the road to happiness. Come raidtime I will ofcourse show the best that this mage can do spec-wise. Dual-spec is ok but I won't use it for the PvE/PvP combo. I go for a Static/Movers&Shakers build (PvE both), that is one build for bosses where you can stand still and one where you have to constantly move out of void zones and such - maximising damage for both.

GEAR:
In my last guild I was a bit over on the altruist side using dkp any given moment when gear was at hand that was better than my currently equipped. I have never in my four years in the game been good at hording dkp. On the other hand I've saved the raid lead numerous embarrasing moments where no one would bid on an item. I do belive that some lack in gear can be compensated by skill and by beeing an overall nice guy. The last is kinda important as people beeing pricks tend to get less Innervate/Focus Magic/Power Infuson etc. (Just a thing I noticed raiding).

PLAYSTYLE:
There are not many options to the balls to the walls approach when playing a mage if you want to be an asset to the raid. However facing new bosses (to me alternatively to the raid) I play it a bit cautios in the first attempts to get a feeling for aggro and the tanks way of building threat/boss abilities. As for everyone you're once in a while hit by the stupid stick, curiosly this often happens for me on the first trash mob after a boss kill when I'm invincible and riding the high. Death is humbling though.

RAID PREPARATION:
Fully buffed for raids since december 2005. Trust me, the way I'm bad at hording dkp is the totally opposite to my ability to horde mats for preparation.

PROFFESSIONS
Since day one in the game I've been an engineer and alterating second proffession. It's not smart to be engineer as it's been stripped of usability/buffs if it really had any... Currently using mining and crystallized water/fire etc. hunting is putting money in my bank. Not very much more.

ADDONS:
I use the normal ones but I've still got a brain and ten fingers leaving the lazy mode addons out.

COMMUNICATION:
I have somewhat a grip of the English language both spoken and written. I have Ventrillo but I tend to shut up until I have a brilliant idea for strategy or a good joke.

THE HISTORY:
I dinged 60 in november 2005 while in the guild <Molten Core>. The day after that the guild disbanded wich was kind of a setback. I joined my brother and his girlfriend in <Fearsome War Engine> some days later as number five in their mage group. In <Fearsome War Engine> I was present on all first kills starting with Magmadar in Molten Core and up until Twin Emperors in AQ40 in december 2006. Good times.

During that year I advanced to beeing mage officer for a solid team. <Fearsome War Engine> had started out as a friends guild and during that year the friction between the want-to-be-raiders and the social gang grew to be a boilermaker ready to explode. Alas there was a split where <In Flames> was created by the raid group. Not to bad in my opinion as the stress in the guild was beginning to get ugly.

At the start of TBC I got unemployed and left the game to be able to focus on important stuff like getting a new job. Three months later I rejoined <In Flames> but that raiding train had already left the station leaving me in the dust. I don't blame them as they had a beef with a guild named <Iron Edge> and couldn't take any passangers. I joined <Resolute> in June 2007 and raided with them scoring some new guild first kills including Lady Vashj and Kael'thas Sunstrider. When Warhammer online went live with the open beta I switched games for a while trying the ways of a Marauder.

Warhammer online was good but I missed the WoW fix and started a Druid, joined <Fearsome War Engine> with it mostly for social reasons. Did some Karazhan level raiding with it but not much more. Fun class but not really my style.

Come WoLK I had parked my mage in <Fearsome War Engine> and levelled it to 80 in a week while the rest of the guild made progress much slower (not implying progress must be a measureable unit like level/XP/reputation etc. social skills can progress to). I was all dressed up but nowhere to go while beeing in <Fearsome War Engine>. For the first time I wrote an application to a guild and I was accepted into <Revolution of Lemmings>.

Second night in guild I was in raid heaven again. Good times. The 25:th of january we beat Malygos 25 man and the the weeks after I started to feel like the guy on the wrong end of a joke. When I started playing it took us months to gear up and slowly see the new content. In WoLK it took six weeks to get to the last boss. I felt fooled by Blizzard for not making it hader. I might be old-school in my opinions here but that is my way of seeing it, Naxx25 was a spit in an old-timers eye. I was angry and left the game for two months. Last week I was visiting my kid brother and watched him over the shoulder clear Uludar. Fuck Blizzard for making something that appealing with all the hardmodes and stuff. Needless to say I took hook, sinker and line and reactivated my account.

Thats where I am today, standing in Dalaran having an itch to kill stuff.

WHY <IRON EDGE>:
As an old-timer on this server <Iron Edge> is big and scary and writing an application here freaks me out. Not in a negative way though more like a good challange. Like the, seeing the whole <Made in Spain> raidgroup outside Zul'Gurub and you're the last guy to get in, way. <Iron Edge> carries quality with it's long standing as Dunemauls nubero uno. I like that.

WHAT YOU GET:
I'm a social guy who likes to do things for shits and giggles and understand when it's time to focus. I work very well in uphill situations as that is when i thrive. I'm a, lets try again, kinda person. My raison d'ĂȘtre in the game is to prepare, execute and have quite a few laughs inbetween. Frankly he only thing I don't like is lazy peolpe piggy backing on others.

FINAL WORDS:
Shift it into high gear. This is the best example of perfect execution I've ever seen. It's a musical metaphore for THE perfect boss kill.

Signing off, Space Cadett Stimpy
//Jonas
Huggy bears hugged and the world was a better place

May 24, 2009, 03:49:01 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: B-raid application
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 03:49:01 pm »
Well I think you win the best-application award. For May at least.

Thanks for taking the time to apply, and to apply properly -- was lovely to read!

Good luck.

-D
Now I run a tech website.

May 24, 2009, 04:50:13 pm
Reply #2

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 04:50:13 pm »
Very good application! Good luck with it.

May 24, 2009, 08:48:09 pm
Reply #3

Offline Hisagi

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 08:48:09 pm »
Indeed, good luck!

May 24, 2009, 09:16:47 pm
Reply #4

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 09:16:47 pm »
This application has my vote :) We need more oldies!
 for the b-raid!

Bears like alts!

May 24, 2009, 09:50:32 pm
Reply #5

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 09:50:32 pm »
Its a Troll, Its a Mage and OMG he has a Frost Specc!!
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

May 24, 2009, 10:07:56 pm
Reply #6

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 10:07:56 pm »
Great application! Thanks for taking the whole application-thing seriously.. Not many people do that nowadays :P
We're not actively seeking a new mage at the moment, but recent slacking by a certain Finnish mage might result in the need of another mate for Ellori..

Can I ask of you to be online at 19.00 tomorrow and stand by for an invite in the event that we lack a mage? :) Probably won't be the official start of a trial, but we'll take it from there!

Grilly

May 25, 2009, 12:18:18 am
Reply #7

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 12:18:18 am »
Hoy, I'm wondering as why you specced into shatter for pve in your frostfire bolt specc. Your glyphs are also not the best for pve damage.

Seems odd to me you are reading EJ so much if you've specced wrong with weird glyphs :D

I did enjoy the app though, GL!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

May 25, 2009, 07:33:24 am
Reply #8

Offline Accunster

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 07:33:24 am »
Thanks for all the positive feedback and the in-game chat with Grilldyret.

As for Vortes last comment the reason my specs aren't raid ready is simply because I reactivated my account on sunday morning from a two month hiatus. beeing guildless and not having made up my mind where to go from there I put the talantpoints where I could use them immidiately. Come 19:00 tonight they will have been changed.

Huggy bears hugged and the world was a better place

May 25, 2009, 12:36:18 pm
Reply #9

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 12:36:18 pm »
No clue about the mage stuff, but social wise that's a srs pro application.

And engineering isn't useless. Let's equip our [item]Gnomish X-Ray Specs[/item] and hang out in the Dalaran dwarf quarter. Before they nerf it.

May 25, 2009, 04:41:20 pm
Reply #10

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 04:41:20 pm »
Excellent Application, i enjoyed reading it.

Good experience, ok gear, sounds like an nice dude. He is also a Troll, and therefore awesome.

We have two stable raiding mages, and one fail-finnish-mage(who, if he donesn't turn up for tonight, WILL have lost his raiding spot). Grilly and i were looking to get other mage, to round out our mage squad, and cover eventualities (its exam season for the kiddies). As Grilly said, if you could be online tonight about 7:00pm server time, we will see about getting you a trial.

Good luck.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:00:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

273 Guests, 0 Users