Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 sc2 Rage thread. 'Cause we really need one.

September 30, 2010, 03:39:39 pm
Reply #105

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

• It's all in your mind...

Re: sc2 Rage thread. 'Cause we really need one.
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2010, 03:39:39 pm »
But the ultralisk nerf was a reasonable one.

I agree the building nerf was reasonable and it was totally a misjudgement on Blizzards part. We can't have Ultralisks hitting things crazilly out of reach.

I agree 200% that needed fixing, I appologize if I sounded like I was defending that accident - it was more of a joke on my part of how quickly Blizzard came to the aid of the Terran QQ while Zerg seems to get neglected in their lil forum section.

But that fix resulting in a further nerf to the Ultralisk was completely uncalled for and I hope you also see that. They could have given Ultralisks a seperate attack for buildings again (just not call it ram) with the intended fixed splash vs buildings but kept the original splash vs units. Having a weaker unit splash for an already acclaimed "practically useless" unit was uncalled for.

Otherwise I agree with most of your points, I also feel that there is too much uncalled for QQ from Zerg and unfortunately that QQ drowns out the legit complaints and gets it classified as just more "Zerg QQ" and then a bunch of people shout "L2P" and people get upset.

I think your best point is regarding MULEs, something needs to be done about them the mechanic is far too forgiving where as Inject Larva is not. Same goes for Chronoboost. A cooldown or a smaller energy supply would atleast bring some form of balance.

I'm personally still hoping Heart of the Swarm is the saving grace for the Zerg.

September 30, 2010, 03:56:01 pm
Reply #106

Offline Vorte

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2010, 03:56:01 pm »
200/200 army of banglings conquers all.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

September 30, 2010, 03:59:59 pm
Reply #107

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »
I'm personally still hoping Heart of the Swarm is the saving grace for the Zerg.

Fruitdealer, baby!
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

September 30, 2010, 04:12:11 pm
Reply #108

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2010, 04:12:11 pm »
Fruitdealer, baby!
Personally Artosis is my hero  8)

But shoot,
Mind sharing some links of his recent matches? Can't seem to find any for the life of me (except this one website that wants me to dam well pay!). I've only watched his non-tourny games.

September 30, 2010, 04:13:21 pm
Reply #109

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2010, 04:13:21 pm »
Defending a 4gate is like the first trick in the Zerg playbook... like if you lose to a 4gate... ever... you're bad at zerg.

Tell that to Rigid, he seems losing all day to 4 gates. Amd i honestly dont see how losing to close spawn 4 gate all in push makes you bad.

If you know it's coming, you can defend it, otherwise every protoss would do it every game against zerg. Like if there's a strategy that'll win even if the zerg knows it's coming, then why do anything else... ever?

Now, if you were actually droning, or preparing for void rays, or whatever else you might be doing, of course you're going to lose, so once again, the issue is scouting.

Now you see, we are reaching a point where i disagree with you. If 4 gate would be not efficient vs zerg and would be so easy to defend they would't be using it dont you think? Again, this dude plays 1600+ ratings in both eu and us. I've got a flue and almost whole last week i was watching his 4 hours long streams. 4 gate's all day. His opponent's arent scrubs.

Whining about imbalance where it hardly exists is also quite random. And nope, putting comments inside ass at forums, where you post to get commented at does not make sense either.

I dont know why i post on forums, certainly not to hear l2p comments from you. And on what you assume that inbalance barely exists? On ladder? On recent tournaments? On your own expieriance? Ladder tells there is inbalance, GSL was like what? 2 zerg players in last 16? Your own expieriance is worth shit, abot that we have agreement already. So please tell me, englight me.

What the fuck am I reading?

Also - if you're reading this post with an open and unbiased mind - you'll surely see how much better the Z players seem to find themselves to be.

And your latest post is really really elitist - it's basically a post such as yours that make people cringe over the whole Z IS UNDERPOWERED debate

Nach this whole topic is full of ppl telling that its 90% learn to play issue and zerg have no right to whine. But that isnt cockness right?

So i will even add more. Every single one of you 50 apm bads go play zerg and then crawl to back your 4 gates and (insert random terran faggotry here, loads to chose) couse you would't be even able to be in spots you are now, and yes im pretty sure of it.

Here, as much elitist as i can.

September 30, 2010, 04:16:16 pm
Reply #110

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2010, 04:16:16 pm »

All I can add is my own opinion: I know I perform better as terran, and would likely have had a higher standing in the ladder if I played them full-time. But I enjoy the zerg style more than terran, so I gimp myself deliberately.

Zerg needs help (in the early game), yes. No amount of discussion in here will do jack shit though.

Experiment!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 04:20:23 pm by Devlin »

September 30, 2010, 04:18:02 pm
Reply #111

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2010, 04:18:02 pm »
Well. I swapped to T. I'll play Z when game is fixed i thinks.
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

September 30, 2010, 04:20:35 pm
Reply #112

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2010, 04:20:35 pm »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please don't say this is true? :(

September 30, 2010, 04:25:33 pm
Reply #113

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2010, 04:25:33 pm »

Hah, weakling.

September 30, 2010, 04:31:08 pm
Reply #114

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2010, 04:31:08 pm »
Allright, I'll concede. I'm being overly zealous about the Zerg is not UP thing compared to what I really feel. I really, really do feel that there are some issues with the game.

But the ultralisk nerf was a reasonable one.

Thing is, Zerg player whine really bothers me because there are so many things wrong.

I firmly believe the major problem zerg has is lack of early scouting options, and blizzard's retarded map pool. The reason I said the whole "why risk losing as zerg when I can just win as protoss" is not an issue.

If I was playing an equal player, I'd always go with Zerg, but because I know I'm better than sintrael, it's easier to noobstomp him as protoss because I'm not as reliant on scouting. PvP is simply a matchup that doesn't involve a lot of surprises, and I'm comfortable with playing an aggressive macro game.

When I complained about losing to shiftey, it's precisely because of that, I had a hunch that the tech lab in the front meant 3rax, but it also could've indicated reapers, so I made roaches instead of banelings, and promptly lost the game, he denied my overlord scout.

Basically, it all comes down to scouting, and bad maps. I truly and honestly believe that if you can stay alive through all the early bullshit (bunker rush, reaper rush, hellions, banshees, void rays, 4gate, immortal push, fast phoenix killing all your ovies, tank/marine push, 3rax and any other stupid 1base harass/all-in) Then Zerg actually has a very good chance of succeeding. The mid- and late-game Zerg army is actually very, very scary.

So all the people whining about tanks, thors, autorepair (lol, just bangling that shit), marauders, stim, mm balls and whatever.... those guys just bother me.

I actually think that with just a few changes the game could be almost perfectly balanced.

1) allow overseers to be built afer evo chamber, and not lair.
2) reduce banshee range to 4-5
3) put a cooldown on mules so you can't save up energy

that's it, that'd be enough to just make the ZvT matchup very, very good.

I actually missed this post. Dont know how. Im not sure if it's just scouting issue or more like tribute to limits of zerg early game. When you face zerg you just know what will happen, there is barely and suprise.
Maps are so huge for this, zerg having 2 maps that can be considered zerg friendly in whole ladder pool just seems wrong (zerg friendly map i consider scrap station and long spawns on meta. MAYBE xel'naga isnt bad also).

September 30, 2010, 04:36:21 pm
Reply #115

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2010, 04:36:21 pm »
First 2 matches. I dont even know what im doing. Not even building a 3rd baracks
against the zerg , not even pressuring just building random shit and getting to
2000 minerals xD haha

ooops forgot to link. Sec
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

September 30, 2010, 04:47:54 pm
Reply #116

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2010, 04:47:54 pm »
Difficulty equals balance?

I dont think you have problems with reading Nach, so you just trolling i guess?

I'm actually pretty serious.
Z has loads of nifty tools and units, people focus too much on UNIT X v UNIT Y and OMGWHATIF scenarios.

I don't think Z is massively underpowered now that I've seen Fruitdealers games - I just think that Z is harder to play. But harder = worse apparently?

I think in a game like starcraft where you can never be 'perfect' since there's pretty much always more you could be doing or more you could be controlling finely even with KOREAN APM, that difficulty does have a contribution to balance.

September 30, 2010, 04:50:57 pm
Reply #117

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2010, 04:50:57 pm »

September 30, 2010, 04:54:20 pm
Reply #118

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2010, 04:54:20 pm »

September 30, 2010, 04:55:26 pm
Reply #119

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2010, 04:55:26 pm »
First 2 matches. I dont even know what im doing. Not even building a 3rd baracks
against the zerg , not even pressuring just building random shit and getting to
2000 minerals xD haha

ooops forgot to link. Sec

And yet that is all you need to do :(
I'm not looking forward to a game of only Terran vs Terran...

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:33:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

189 Guests, 0 Users