Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Devlin - Level 70 Undead Rogue

July 01, 2007, 05:30:39 am
Read 24613 times

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

Devlin - Level 70 Undead Rogue
« on: July 01, 2007, 05:30:39 am »
APPLICATION

Nickname
Devlin

Class and Race
Rogue, Undead

Level

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kazzak&n=Devlish
I have other items I can replace to improve certain stats, such as AP, Hit, HP etc. This however is my normal dps gear.

Professions
Herbalism 375 Alchemy 375

Attunements
Attuned to all heroics, Karazhan, Serpentshrine Cavern, The Eye.

Experience
Full MC, BWL, AQ, Naxxramas (Kel'Thuzard to 30%), Karazhan, Serpentshrine (few tries on Vashj, all bosses before that (except Leotheras)), Gruul, Magtheridon, Kazzak, Doomwalker. Killed Void Reaver and tried Al'ar.

Personal information
Hi there!
My name is Per, and I'm 22 years old. I live in Umeå, Sweden, and I am studying law and hoping to become a lawyer or something. I will start studying again this autumn, after the summer break. During my freetime I like to play games, especially Blizzard games.

In my previous guilds, we have raided mon-thur 19:00-23:30+ and sun 14:00-23:30+ and numerous hours of farming during daytime. Depending on studies and homework, I think my available playtime will fit the Iron Edge schedule. I might however have to take a few days off before exams to study etc.

WOW History
I have played wow since US beta. Once wow went live in US, me and some friends (Brother to name one of them) started playing on the server Gorefiend, and ended up in Sinister (www.afraidyet.net) and played with them until EU went live. Sadly we left Sinister for EU-version the same day we were to set our first feet into Molten Core, so I felt I missed out on some early experience. That's not something I regret though, as playing on US was very demanding - raid times could be around 01-05 in the morning.

When me and my friends (from Sinister) came to EU live, we started up the guild Ravenous (www.ravenoushorde.ath.cx) on Dunemaul, and we became quite successful, being the lead guild on the server up until Ragnaros. Once we got to Ragnaros, we got beaten by another rivaling horde-guild - A Few Good Men.
As we started doing BWL, we ran into some serious internal issues that had been underlying for a very long time, and it lead to many people leaving the guild to join A Few Good Men - including me. During AQ, we (AFGM) decided to mass-migrate to Tarren Mill, as Dunemaul became unbarably laggy.

A Few Good Men (www.afgm-wow.com) has been the guild that I've played with up until very recently, and is the guild I refer to as my "homeguild". We have successfully cleared BWL, AQ, done Naxxramas up to Kel'Thuzard (30%, we stopped due to christmas holidays and upcoming TBC).
When TBC came, we had major revamps to the guild, as the guildleader had to leave for studies and various people decided to quit the game. We started recruiting alot, but as Tarren Mill is not a server full of good players, we had to rely on cross-realm applications, which we didn't get too many of. We managed to clear Gruul, Magtheridon, Karazhan, and did Hydross in SSC. Also did 2-3 tries on Morogrim.
I have been the rogue-leader in AFGM since the beginning basically, and I have also helped out in the administration of the guild, and recently got appointed Officer and co-leader of the guild. I have also been in charge of recruiting since TBC came. After immense struggle to get new capable members to fill the roster, I "had enough", which means I was on the brink of burning out from the game.

That lead to me saying goodbye to many old friends on Tarren Mill, and try my luck on Kazzak, where my character currently resides. Once on Kazzak I got in to Showdown (http://showdown.cr0w.net) as a trial for 2 weeks, and it all went well. However, the immense farming needed in those days (expensive flasks etc) lead me to realise I wanted to change environment. I decided to put WOW on the shelf and take some time off. Apparently what I needed was not to leave AFGM, but leave the game alltogether for a while.

I have not raided since the day I quit Showdown - on my own request - and during this free-time I have been socializing and focusing on studies and various activities, such as tennis. I have now reached a point where I feel the urge to play WOW again, and I feel that it will be alot better if I "go back to the roots" so to speak, Dunemaul. I am also looking for a bit more "relaxed" way of raiding, meaning not having to farm 100's of terocone each day. But this has luckily been fixed by Blizzard's alchemy revamp. I also have quite a few friends on Dunemaul which makes the move more interesting.

Outside of wow I study as mentioned, but I also do alot of movies. I really enjoy making movies of wow, and I've made quite a few with AFGM. I've made a BWL and an AQ cinematic movie, and as of late I'm making in-game movies, showing when I play vs various bosses.

My warcraftmovies.com profile can be found here:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/pv.php?l=pw84

Last Words
The reason I am applying to you is because I want back to raiding, and I am hoping to be able to do so at a little less "hardcore" way. Even though I say less hardcore, I don't mean in any way that I will play less serious, it just means fewer hours (outside of raids). I will always play at my best.

I want to join Iron Edge because I believe you have the community, will, and strength to keep raiding at the level I'm looking for.

Currently I am visiting my parents in Luleå during summer holidays, meaning not as much play during daytime as I'm used to, which means that I might have problems keeping 100% raiding in the start. Once I get home to Umeå in august it will be game-on once again!

I consider myself motivated, dedicated, and active. I also take an active part in problem-solving during raids, which I see as a must if you are going to succeed as a guild. I also want to be a part of the community that is Iron Edge.

If there is anything you would like to ask me, I will mainly be active on the forums, so a PM would be the best way to contact me. I also have MSN which I try to use (pw84@hotmail.com).

I hope this application is satisfying and provides you with the information you need. I really hope you consider me and my application valid, and I wish you the best of luck.

NOTE: My character is locked to Kazzak until July 13th, so there will be room for thought and conversations. Feel free to contact me.
NOTE 2: My current gear is a bit outdated I guess, but I will work to get some upgrades as soon as possible. And don't laugh at my gloves/belt. Still haven't seen A SINGLE belt or gloves drop in TBC, that are better than tier 3. Luck ftw.

Regards,
Devlin, Rogue
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:30:31 pm by Devlin »

July 01, 2007, 05:36:15 am
Reply #1

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

Re: Devlin - Level 70 Undead Rogue
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 05:36:15 am »
forgot to add:

im not attuned to BT yet, as i took a break before it was released, and therefore couldnt do the prequests. need to talk to some npc in ssc.

July 01, 2007, 06:21:58 am
Reply #2

Offline Noble

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 06:21:58 am »
Hehe WB Devlin i guess and nice seeing you again!

Very nice application and very well written and hopefully our future applicants will take this as an example of how to make one!

Anyways, guess many of the old school players here in IE including me know who you are and the dedication you put into raiding and many of us have even seen many or at least some of the movies you have made so far.

You deffo got my vote and nice seeing you again!

P.s. You know if anyone else are migrating back or are many of them staying in Huhu. on TM ?
-Nob

"In nomine Patris, et Fili, e Spiritus Sanctus"

July 01, 2007, 06:57:34 am
Reply #3

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 06:57:34 am »
As noble said most of us, 2y.o. Dunemaulers know u by awesome movies mainly from AFGM raids. Being class leader in such a guild is answer to any doubts (skillwise) and as much as I recall we are seaking for active rogue raider. Though I don't know u I am familiar with your reputation as a player so I give my vote and recomendation to Aleandro to trial you. Good luck.

July 01, 2007, 07:00:45 am
Reply #4

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 07:00:45 am »
Hehe WB Devlin i guess and nice seeing you again!

Very nice application and very well written and hopefully our future applicants will take this as an example of how to make one!

Anyways, guess many of the old school players here in IE including me know who you are and the dedication you put into raiding and many of us have even seen many or at least some of the movies you have made so far.

You deffo got my vote and nice seeing you again!

P.s. You know if anyone else are migrating back or are many of them staying in Huhu. on TM ?

hey to you too :)

always fun to hear ppl remember me by the work i put in the game! ppl seem to know about them more about the movies than i think :) always fun getting comments about them.

about more ppl coming back to dunemaul, i dont know. havent heard anything about it.

As noble said most of us, 2y.o. Dunemaulers know u by awesome movies mainly from AFGM raids. Being class leader in such a guild is answer to any doubts (skillwise) and as much as I recall we are seaking for active rogue raider. Though I don't know u I am familiar with your reputation as a player so I give my vote and recomendation to Aleandro to trial you. Good luck.

as i said above, always fun to hear :D
thank you!

July 01, 2007, 07:14:21 am
Reply #5

Offline Aleandro

• Guild Member

• Sneaky as we are!

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 07:14:21 am »
Heya,excellent application , some of best i saw.

Gear is not so outdated when u see balance of stats so its ok, and will not be prob to soon improve it i guess. As we talked we will w8 for ya till migrating process , and i hope that will be gem->set->match for all, as u like tennis :D.
Will be nice to see 1 more old school in family. 8)

Eh farming terocones ... can be nightmare indeed

July 01, 2007, 12:34:49 pm
Reply #6

Offline Guanoape

• Guild Member

• I R BATCRAPMONKEY!

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 12:34:49 pm »
Awesome application. Your Blackwing Lair movie was pretty awesome to say the least, and you seem to be a nice guy too  8)

July 01, 2007, 12:39:44 pm
Reply #7

Offline Bombardi

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 12:39:44 pm »
awesome apply ! watched all yar movies!!  ::)

hope you can join :)

July 01, 2007, 01:17:19 pm
Reply #8

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 01:17:19 pm »
Nice app.  Gl!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

July 01, 2007, 01:18:17 pm
Reply #9

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 01:18:17 pm »
Great application, Devlin.

As has already been mentioned, it'll be nice to have another old-school Dunemauler around the place.

Adds just a touch of class to things.

I'm not sure how much raid time you will get, but that's something I hope you've talked to Aleandro about.

G'luck!
Now I run a tech website.

July 01, 2007, 01:30:57 pm
Reply #10

forker

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 01:30:57 pm »
Devlin!

GET HIM NOW! :)

RL friend of mine and a really great guy, not a lootwhore nor selfish. He's just a plain easy and great guy to play with. He would fit in well in the IE crew I'm sure.

July 01, 2007, 01:58:15 pm
Reply #11

Offline Gidra

• Guild Member

• Do not disturb.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 01:58:15 pm »
Heya Devlin, nice to see you wanna come back. All I can say is GIVE! :D

July 01, 2007, 02:08:12 pm
Reply #12

Offline Holypete

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 02:08:12 pm »
Dear god its Devlin. I enjoyed all your movies and my brother is always like; 'damn Devlin got a really good taste of music' and all I can say, I agree with him.

Ill wish you the best luck

// Holypete the shadowpriest.

July 01, 2007, 02:52:45 pm
Reply #13

legintown

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 02:52:45 pm »
I've seen most of his films so I'm in no doubt of his skills...two thumbs up here!

July 01, 2007, 03:10:15 pm
Reply #14

Offline Chibi

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 03:10:15 pm »
Release the hounds!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:17:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

171 Guests, 0 Users