Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 [Casual Raid] Druid (Heal/Tank) - Malekh (XR) [Accepted]

September 09, 2011, 03:47:35 pm
Read 9375 times

Applicant

[Casual Raid] Druid (Heal/Tank) - Malekh (XR) [Accepted]
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:47:35 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Malekh
Server: Outland
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Outland/Malekh/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (Heal/Tank)
Raid: Casual Raid

Personal Info:

My name is Koen Lapage; I live in the Flemish part of Belgium. My main occupation is Anesthesiology where i'm residing in at the Universitary Hospital at Gent. Besides that, I mainly amuse myself playing the guitar in a coverband, enjoying my lovely wife's company and playing WoW.

Spec:

I enjoy the tree/bear dual spec the most since it offers 2 challenging roles in a party. Since the combination isn't really workable for raids, i've engaged myself to creating a balance gearset and i have the needed knowledge to utilize the spec in a raidsetting.
My main spec is restoration. I've raided both as a priest and a druid. The restodruid is a tad more interesting to play with, but that's my personal opinion of course.

Class:

Talking about restodruids mean give priority to intellect (as primordial stat) and haste. Mastery comes third; a bit on par level with spirit. Atm gearwise, i try to keep the spirit level around 2000 since i have the subjective feeling it lets me handle my mana pool rather well. Hastewise i try to forge as much crit and a tad spirit to haste to reach the hastebreakpoint of 2005. My current gear isn't of that level yet where i can safely reach the breakpoint without digging on either spirit or mastery.
My rotation is primarily based on running 3 stacks of lifebloom on a tank, using either LB/Nourish/Regrowth to refresh the hot. I always try to keep WG on cooldown as well combined with the Odd RJ to assist in AoE healing. Whenever i see a pack of at least 3 raidmembers together i'll use Swiftmend rather fast as well to boost AoE Healing again. My OoC is primarily used by regrowths I throw around when needed or on the tank where my LB stack is running on. Healing touch i tend use as least as needed due to the high mana consumption. Mostly I use my OoC for those.

Alts:

Ulekh, lvl85 hunter - geared for T11 raids and even the odd FL raid. Professions: herbalism and skinning.

Professions:

Leatherworking - the bracer enchant +130 int combined with the good money making leg enchants.
Alchemy - primarily a raidprofession: making my own pots (volcanic - mythical mana potion) and the duration bonus.

Raid Experience:

Vanilla: cleared MC, BWL, AQ40 (up to twins) and Naxxramas (about 6 bosses) as a gnome warlock.
TBC: Cleared SSC and TK (postnerf) as shaman; rerolled to hordeside and priest where i cleared up to BT (with 4 left to go). Never managed to do SWP since the guild, i resided in back then, turned inactive raidwise.
WotLK: cleared everything except LK hc.
Cataclysm: 12/12 T11; Done Magmaw, Chimaeron, Halfus and Valiona/theralion hc in a firelands geared raid though to get BiS gear. Firelands: 5/7; not on 7/7 due to the fact i was being swapped out as trialist for core raiders.
I changed mains before the release of ICC: priest changed for druid. This explains to a certain extent why i wasn't involved in progressive raiding in that expansion.

Previous Guilds:

Mysth/Incognito: The guild i was an officer in. Took a break due to a heavy examperiod which resulted in the loss of my place in the guild as well in the raid. The disappointment in my fellow officers turned me over to the horde side.
High Infidelity: The first raiding guild i joined as priest to raid with. I learned to know Skymunken there and keep his aggrohappy ass alive. Very much enjoyed raiding in this guild but they went quite inactive raidingwise.
Mysth: created this guild with friends from the alliance guild who rolled horde as well. We did quite some progress in Naxxramas and Ulduar but lacking recruits killed this guild as well. We scattered again, i start leveling my druid.
Head hunters: after leveling on a normal realm, i decided to rejoin Anders who was back on Outland in this guild. I was more patient than Anders and remained longer in the guild. On the other hand, the raidspots were distributed amongst the officers, leaving the rest of the guild lacking experience in FL. They had the amount to run 2 firelands raids but they cba'd.
Entourage: i applied to this guild, making me going back to alliance with the eye on progress as they were progressing in the hc FL content. Initially everything went well, with me not always being able to join due my work. But last 2 weeks their longstanding problems came to surface: a tank went on a break with no backup left and a responseless recruitment. I'm still on trial but the future of the guild is looking rather grim with only 7 active raidmembers left.

Availability:

Normally i'm available on most of the evenings. The big problem lies in my job: i cannot predict which evenings i'll have to work late. I can tell it mostly a month ahead but which days remains variable. I will always be able to tell in advance if a certain raidnight is a possibility or not.

Communication:

My English is rather ok. I have TS3 installed and a working microphone. I'm not afraid to use it if it's necessary in the raid. Other than that i try to remain silent as too much babbling is a killer for clearheaded raiding.

Computer / Connection:

I've recently upgrade my desktop computer to a i7 3.2 GigHz quadcore intel and my graphic card is a 1 Gig HD 5870. I have no fps issues in raids.
Connectionwise i have cable internet running mostly at a ping around 100-120 ms.

Addons/UI:

Core addons: DBM, Grid, VuhDo and Poweraura's. I always have recount running to push my healing when i see i'm either overhealing too much or running behind on the other raiding healers.
Omen: when i'm running around as bear.

Other Games:

I've played Starcraft 2 till a few months ago. I'm looking forward to play Diablo 3. Other than that i'm not playing any games atm: main focus is on WoW. The rest of my spare time i dedicate to my guitar.

Why Iron Edge?

I've mentioned it earlier on: there's a longstanding friend of mine part of your community: Skymunken (Anders). I know the guy for about 3 years now and in some way we never lost track of each other.
On the other hand, Iron Edge is a guild that can satisfy what i'm thriving for in this game. An option to progress in the current content. I'm quite eager when it comes to that. Since my stay in High Infidelity i haven't found a guild where i felt completely part off. Combined the friendship with Skymunken and the eager progress Iron Edge offers, i hope to find that homecoming feeling again in a guild.
I've chosen the casual raid option since my gear/experience might not be what the main raid is looking for atm. Therefor i'd like to join the casual raid.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A restoration druid, able to play offspec balance or bear, with a social, mature mindset and the eagerness to see what this game has to offer to its full extent.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

Skymunken

Last Words?

I would like to thank the people reading this wall of text. I hope to hear more from you.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:14:11 pm by TTaM »

September 09, 2011, 03:52:18 pm
Reply #1

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

Re: [Casual Raid] Druid (Heal/Tank) - Malekh (XR)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 03:52:18 pm »
Nice app
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

September 09, 2011, 04:05:08 pm
Reply #2

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 04:05:08 pm »
Nice application. We don't have a main raid, we just have a more casual kne and a more hard core one. So if you are looking at going for he hard core raid in the future (and play with sky) you should apply for that raid right away.

Your experience, app and gear should be good enough for both raids.

I'm pretty sure both raids are looking for healers, causal raid got 3 Druids already but I wouldn't mind having one more to make our healing team stronger.

But, first you should rethink what raid to apply for, make the decision based on wether you want 4 raids or 2 raids a week

Good luck!

September 09, 2011, 04:08:24 pm
Reply #3

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 04:08:24 pm »
fkkn skinke beat me!

I like your application but there are a few details. are these late work nights rare? Meaning how could we expect your attendance to be. You know we only raid mondays and tuesdays.
Also we casual raiders prefer applicants that join us because the schedule suits them in terms of having time for RL and such. Not joining the a-raid because of gear sounds bad to us, we are not a stepping stone, so if you want to raid 4 nights a week I suggest you apply to the a-raid.

Bears like alts!

September 09, 2011, 04:09:56 pm
Reply #4

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 04:09:56 pm »
Good luck on the apply tho i gotta ask why the fuck would u transfer from Outland to this shit turk realm?
High functioning sociopath.

September 09, 2011, 04:12:16 pm
Reply #5

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 04:12:16 pm »
Excellent application. We're always looking for good raiders and the more married raiders we get the merrier  ;)

The only thing I'm slightly worried about are your working times. I understand you can't do a lot about your working schedule with hospital hours, but we only raid only 2 days (mon/thurs) a week. I guess my question is on average, looking at the past, how many raids would you miss per month?

September 09, 2011, 04:19:54 pm
Reply #6

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 04:19:54 pm »
How many married men do we have now 5?

Bears like alts!

September 09, 2011, 04:23:38 pm
Reply #7

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 04:23:38 pm »
Think so. Skink, Erter, trot, you and me.

Oh grax you are the odd one out! When is the kid inc?  ;D

September 09, 2011, 04:33:32 pm
Reply #8

Offline Xarinuk

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 04:33:32 pm »
Excellent application. We're always looking for good raiders and the more married raiders we get the merrier  ;)

The only thing I'm slightly worried about are your working times. I understand you can't do a lot about your working schedule with hospital hours, but we only raid only 2 days (mon/thurs) a week. I guess my question is on average, looking at the past, how many raids would you miss per month?

I took a quick look at my schedule the coming month: i'd miss the raid on 29th of september. It's quite variable but i can mostly tell a month in advance which raids i'll miss.

Good luck on the apply tho i gotta ask why the fuck would u transfer from Outland to this shit turk realm?

Well the fact that you are able to withstand Sky first and second i did 2 ZA runs with guildies of Iron Edge. I haven't enjoyed ZA that much after it; swift and correct execution. On the other hand the guild is more important than the realm: Outland is (rankingwise) a higher noted realm but i haven't been able to find what i was looking for.

You know we only raid mondays and tuesdays.

Not joining the a-raid because of gear sounds bad to us, we are not a stepping stone, so if you want to raid 4 nights a week I suggest you apply to the a-raid.

Are the raids mondays and thursdays? or Tuesdays? The reason i applied for the casual raid is dual: on the one hand is a 2 raid weekly schedule a great opportunity for my spare time where i'm a bit short on; on the second hand i have to take resort in the fact that, even though my mindset is so, i cannot raid 4 raids a week.
Joining the casual raid would give me time for other RL issues, an even more happy wife (only 2 raids!) and i'd still have the opportunity to see what game has to offer.
I want to clearly state that i don't see the casual raid as a stepping stone to the 'A'raid.

September 09, 2011, 04:39:01 pm
Reply #9

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 04:39:01 pm »
It's monday/thursday. Grax, dementia starting, is still thinking about our pre-cata schedule of mon/tue.

September 09, 2011, 04:40:24 pm
Reply #10

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 04:40:24 pm »
Koen is a very nice guy, always had a blast with him.
Can recommend him to whatever raid really!
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

September 09, 2011, 04:59:40 pm
Reply #11

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 04:59:40 pm »
Damn typo, yes monday and thursday and to Yoica, ask her uterus.

Bears like alts!

September 09, 2011, 05:12:03 pm
Reply #12

Offline Xarinuk

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 05:12:03 pm »
For October: the only raid i'd miss out on would be 6th of October. On the other hand, there's a collegue of mine who wants to swap shifts, could be that i'd offer him that day leaving me free that day and doing his shift later on the month outside the raidschedule.

September 09, 2011, 06:41:36 pm
Reply #13

Offline kagir

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 06:41:36 pm »
Nice app, gl!

(ps. my grand farther had a dog called Malekh!)

September 09, 2011, 07:37:18 pm
Reply #14

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 07:37:18 pm »
Nice responses!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:57:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

304 Guests, 0 Users