Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 DK Blood Tank - Raid B

July 12, 2010, 11:16:59 pm
Read 21027 times

Offline Undeadmeat

• Vendor Trash

DK Blood Tank - Raid B
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:16:59 pm »
Edit: After I readed a bit the other applications I felt like mine is missing something, so I added 2 more paragraphs and few more words

Personal Informations
Hi, my name is Tasos.
I am from Greece and I am 18 years old. I love computers, and not just the gaming. I like programing and I know few basic programming languages. I also love "messing" with the hardware of a PC from a young age. Even though I like the hardwares and stuff like that, I am not an engeneer in-game! It's not tank-wise :P

Character Information
Armory
I'm also gearing a DPS spec atm in which I try the blood presence for fun, since I sow a DK in youtube doing 11k dps in proffessor 10man HC... so wtf! Blood can't be that bad!
And few words about my tanking experience... I have 11/12 experience in 10 man and 10/12 in 25man and I have downed 8 bosses in 10man HC, but I know tacts for all bosses, both normal and hc.

World Of Warcraft History
I started playing WoW in private servers since TBC released, it's been 2years or maybe a bit more. Private servers though are full of bugs, and only something like a "demo" of the real game. So I buyed the original game. I created a hunter Ally at first, but then a real life friend invited me to join Dunemaul as horde, and so I created a lvl55 DK! Since then I am focused on my DK, on making him the best geared char and making myself the most experienced person possible.

I love WoW and I'm not going to stop playing... at least not the few next years... yeah I got no life!

Reasons I leave Cornucopia & Why I want to join IE
Though Cornu is a very nice guild with nice ppl and I made a lot of friends there, I have some kind of bussines almost every Wed and so I can't participate in the raids. And that's why I want to join your Team B, couse your raiding days suit me perfect and I also believe my gear and skills suit to IE! ;D

What can I offer to Iron Edge
I can offer you a a piece of meat* that will be hitten instead of you ! ;D
I know my class and the whole ICC pretty well and I love the role of the tank.
I also don't mind if you don't need me in every raid, if you have older tanks than me I understand that they have priority in the spot over me. But it's summer, people goes for vacations so I can fill a spot anytime you ask me to... except if I am in vacations too xD

*refer to my char name

Last words
Though I may not have done so many hardmodes like you have (8/12 in 10man), I'm a fast learner and if I make a mistake on an encounter, I'll never repeat it. I'm also reading and watching videos for an encounter I'm not sure until I know 99% what to do (the 1% is gained by actualy fighting the boss ^^), so I wont waste your time explaining me things.

Feel free to ask me anything else I may forget to mention.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 08:37:19 am by Undeadmeat »
"What don't kill you make you more strong"

July 13, 2010, 09:28:48 am
Reply #1

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

Re: DK Blood Tank - Raid B
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 09:28:48 am »
Can you tank Lich king 10heroic, 2 shambling horrors and all the ghouls and manage it with only 1 disc priest healing you?

July 13, 2010, 10:31:13 am
Reply #2

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:31:13 am »
Theres not much you can really get wrong with Blood tank spec.

But spell deflection is a pretty useless skill, and you'd be better off picking up subversion for threat and Imp IT as its a must have, not sure why u dont have that.

Also the blood tap glyph is useless. Grab Deathstrike glyph

you could do with droping your expertise gems, as your well over cap and would be better off Sta stacking.

Good luck with your app :)

Ps. you have no enchant on your gloves.

Pps. 10+ all stats not as good as Health on chest :)
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

July 13, 2010, 11:08:28 am
Reply #3

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 11:08:28 am »
wouldnt it make more sense to take icy touch glyph?

Bears like alts!

July 13, 2010, 11:18:34 am
Reply #4

Offline Undeadmeat

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 11:18:34 am »
Oh you are right about my hands Abyiss, I took them few days ago and I totaly forgot the ench. Here, they are enchanted now. I also changed few gems from exp to exp+sta and changed the ench on my chest though the diference was less than 100hp xD

About the tallents, I dont need subversion couse my threat is fine, I never had problem with the threat ^^. The deflection is rly usefull in some bosses, like when I'm tanking Prince Keleseth (the shadow guy) or when I OT at Blood Queen. You are right about the improved IT though, but I don't want to lose any of my other tallents. About the glyph, yes, I'm going to put the Deathstrike glyph, I needed the blood tap glyph to save myself and others when I was in noob-pug-groups with sleeping healers, but if you accept me there won't be such an issue any more ;)

Graxlos, no icy touch wouldn't be better, as blood speced my diseases do only litle dmg, 20% boost wouldn't be a big deal. In the other hand 25% on death strike is a big deal! ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:20:34 am by Undeadmeat »

July 13, 2010, 11:28:02 am
Reply #5

Offline Undeadmeat

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 11:28:02 am »
Can you tank Lich king 10heroic, 2 shambling horrors and all the ghouls and manage it with only 1 disc priest healing you?

If the priest was good and with about the same gs with me, I believe I could tank it with a good timming of my CDs to get me through until at least 1 horror is dead... I could survive for like 50sec - 1min.

July 13, 2010, 11:44:34 am
Reply #6

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 11:44:34 am »
Oh yeah i took icy touch for aoe threat in 5mans :)

Bears like alts!

July 13, 2010, 01:26:25 pm
Reply #7

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 01:26:25 pm »
to be honest your need the extra threat from subversion in our raids.

all of our dps pull ridicules TPS and blood DK aoe threat is poor at best.

I have to run a second spec to tank aoe trash / add bosses   (IT glyph + D&D glyph + 2part t10+imp D&D)

but obviously i dont run that for my MT spec.

And i still regard imp IT much superior to spell deflection.

a skill u use every fight 100% of the time, over a skill u have a CHANCE of using in like 3 fights. and one you cant depend on to keep u alive.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

July 13, 2010, 02:28:10 pm
Reply #8

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 02:28:10 pm »
changed the ench on my chest though the diference was less than 100hp xD

Kings/talents/etc converts 10 stam to 18 or more?  Neat.  And, to be fair, all enchants, gems, etc (except maybe weapon ones) are very very minimal changes.  That's not an excuse!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

July 13, 2010, 04:13:34 pm
Reply #9

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 04:13:34 pm »

If the priest was good and with about the same gs with me, I believe I could tank it with a good timming of my CDs to get me through until at least 1 horror is dead... I could survive for like 50sec - 1min.

Did you just mention gearscore..?

July 13, 2010, 04:31:28 pm
Reply #10

Offline Undeadmeat

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 04:31:28 pm »

Say it gs, say it item level, say it gear rank, does it rly make a diference how I call it? When I said about the same gs with me I meant not undergeared, neither needed to be imba geared. Just said it with a shorter way ;)

July 13, 2010, 04:42:17 pm
Reply #11

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:17 pm »

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

July 13, 2010, 04:47:54 pm
Reply #12

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 04:47:54 pm »

Say it gs, say it item level, say it gear rank, does it rly make a diference how I call it? When I said about the same gs with me I meant not undergeared, neither needed to be imba geared. Just said it with a shorter way ;)

Gearscore has a really bad rep with us because people use it very badly.  High gearscore does not mean good gear.  One of the best holy pala trinkets is from Algalon for instance (232 ilevel!)  I'd avoid using the term around anyone with a clue how to play this game.

Item level is the same deal really.  Higher item level does not mean better gear.  Gear rank is a bit ambiguous, depends how u rank it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:49:43 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

July 13, 2010, 04:49:02 pm
Reply #13

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 04:49:02 pm »
6725 GS ktksbai  ;D

July 13, 2010, 05:00:13 pm
Reply #14

Offline Undeadmeat

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 05:00:13 pm »
Gearscore has a really bad rep with us because people use it very badly.

Yeah I see! Thx for the info, I'll keep it in mind! :P

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:59:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

220 Guests, 2 Users
Deodu, Weedsmoka