Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Tank Paladin to A - Team

August 11, 2010, 05:51:21 am
Read 20353 times

Offline Blankshot

• Former Member

Tank Paladin to A - Team
« on: August 11, 2010, 05:51:21 am »
Personal Information
Hi there.Im Murat.25 Years old.Living in Turkey.I just have done my universty and current looking for a job.

Character Information
For this part i would like to explain what i have in my wow life so i can be more clear about my experiance down there.
Chichî -> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Chich%C3%AE
Bigseksy -> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Bigseksy
Shamaluck -> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Shamaluck
Zuuzu ->http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Zuuzu
Elvîs -> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Elv%C3%AEs
Adrîana ->http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Adr%C3%AEana
Also currently lvling rogue named Bélla (45) but its not worth to link.
My all chars has Two spec but im able to play with all talent trees with decent playing without failing on anything.Especialy my warrior-paladin-dk(currently two dps spec)-druid has tank spec as a prio.

Attunements:
I Have done all attuments since tbc till now before pre nerfs.

Raiding
About raiding im able to most of days atm.About time im able to log at 19:00 for raids.during day i can be online too if i have nothing to do.till when i found a job.
Monday, 19:30 - 24:00
Tuesday, 19:30 - 24:00
Wednesday, 19:30 - 24:00
Thursday, 19:30 - 24:00
Friday and Saturday have a icc25 11/12hm pug.But if guild have a raid at this day for anything i can be rdy for it.

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history
i have been playing online games for long time.also i can say im a gamer too for all games.
About World of Warcraft i started to playing when tbc releaed.For explain my raiding explain i dont wanna make it complicated.wanna write it clear.
TBC : i have cleared everything before pre ners exept sunwell.We have reach Mu'ru before nerf and had some problems.After nerf we have done Ki'jaeden.
Nax : Cleared in two weeks.Guild named Testament (Magy server)
Ulduar : Cleared before pre nerfs expet yogg 0 keeper.Guild named Testament (Magy)
ToC : Cleared till Anub when its released.Guild named Testament (Magy)
Icecrown Citadel: (Sunstider)
10 man : Cleared everything before hellscream buff including hardmodes till LK
My group was in world first 50 when we done it.also we did try lk hc without buff and with %5buff.we did reach p3 on %5buff but wiped at there many times and then we ppl didnt want to try more for a while.Then we did focus on 25man hardmodes more.
25 man : Cleared everything with many hardmodes. 11/04/2010. (sindragosa and proff was left)

About Testament guild;i was main tank in there.Also one of Officer.After we having this progress we coudnt kill sindragosa and proff cause of raider problems.we tryed to fix it but some of old members quited from game and stopped playing.Then we decide to disband guild.i decide to not raid for 4-5 weeks and then i did apply to Catastrophe.they were turkish guild and after 2 year again i want to be with turkish ppl.they accepted me.i raided in there for 3 weeks and then i left.Cause i didnt like them at all.They are trying LK 25 hc but still some players dont even know how to avoid defile,shadow trap etc.And they are not getting replace cause of thoose fails,cause of irl friendship.thats just bullshit.i must say still turkish guilds can be in good position in this game cause of thoose acts.(saying this as a turkish player.)
Why im thinking like that,cause i have been raided even with ensidia in Magy.After we went Sunstrider still i have been played with world first 100 guilds in there.thats why i have a pug with 11/12 25man hc in sunstrider.Even my pug players more brained then this Catastrophe.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
Well i know Iron Edge since tbc times.u guys were server first that times.i even still remember that crazy rogue Dewlin.
Anyway icc is done after hellscream buff.that was realy huge nerf for one instance.even bigger then Sunwell nerf.For now im looking foward for Cataclyzm.I bellive u guys will go for good progress during Cataclyzm and i wanna be part of it.Also during summer wanna raid too for killing time or progressing for anything.i just cant stay in one of capital citys and look around.insted of this i would like to wipe or progress in somewhere.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I can offer u guys 4years of Tanking experianc,critisizm,theorycraft.Also i allways play in PTR server before something comes out.so i can have a pre experiance for everything before comes out.
i start playing with causal guild and then i become hardcore for last 2 years.ill continue Hardcore till end of the wow.

Last words?
I heared u guys looking for pala and made this apply for my pala,but if u guys want i can join with my warrior also.im not looking my chars as a alt or main its able too see from my all characters.they all geared as like main.Why pala? wanna continue my wow carrier with pala in Cataclyzm.
P.S : i would like to post World of Log from last raids but in catastrophe i didnt hear anything about logs,sorry about that.

Thanks for reading.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:09:10 am by Blankshot »

August 11, 2010, 06:52:38 am
Reply #1

Offline Destro

• Former Member

Re: Tank Paladin to A - Team
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 06:52:38 am »
Hmmm a guildie told me you were making an app and i was kinda excited as our pala tank just quit today, however we have similar problems to what you described of catastrophe in our raids... i really think your expectations are too high and you probably need a more hardcore guild, we have a few people who continually suck and cant learn from their mistakes, and if you only lasted 3 weeks with Catastrophe... well i dunno what they raid like but you wouldnt last a day with us IMO.

Although im no officer or anything of importance, so you can disregard this if you like, just thought it would be better to give you a heads up on what to expect. Plus were not looking for people who will join the guild, take loot etc, then bail to a stronger guild at the first opportunity they have, which is how i foresee your stay if you do join.

I apologise for the very negative feedback but its better to be honest from the start so you arent under any illusion.

PS. i hope nobody in the guild currently takes my comment as an insult. Iron edge rocks my socks AND my sandals, however i dont think were right for this guy... no matter how much we need a good paladin tank.

I have a very huge brain.

August 11, 2010, 07:46:45 am
Reply #2

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:45 am »
Hello there friend of Blankshot i suppose as he posted your app.

Anyway to serious thoughts, your Paladins gear is far from good enough for heroic encounters which atm. both of IE's teams are progressing, You havnt got any of the easy obtainable tier 10 parts at all (atleast not using) - This isn's the best sign to be fair just from the general look. Also you havnt even crafted the 264 boots yet as you are still wearing a pair of 226 ones, and a bit of re-considering gems as for if you want to go full out stam as you have, get your red/blue gem in your head instead of your belt, as this gives you an extra 3 plus stam - general and simple logic if you ask me. As Destro stated aswell, from the looks of your experience in catastrophe, the IE A-raid is having similiar stuff happing aswell atm, so if you were looking for ensidia/paragon raiding this isnt the place imo, atleast not yet.
I'm only a b-raider but when i look at you, i cant see your gear match to us, and i think it certainly wouldnt then suit in the A-raid, as they probably wont be doing much more "gearing" people.
But good luck with the application though
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

August 11, 2010, 10:52:21 am
Reply #3

Kilizion

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:52:21 am »
SALAM.

I don't think your gear is yet at a B Raid standard, and we have tanks a plenty but who knows? Good luck!

August 11, 2010, 10:55:07 am
Reply #4

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:55:07 am »
Its an Araid App kili....
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

August 11, 2010, 11:28:49 am
Reply #5

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:28:49 am »
You should perhaps leave those comments for page 2 or 3, Destro.
Now I run a tech website.

August 11, 2010, 12:12:52 pm
Reply #6

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 12:12:52 pm »
Go go Daekadin!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

August 11, 2010, 12:34:37 pm
Reply #7

Kilizion

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 12:34:37 pm »
Oh I got confused cos' he was blankshots friend.

August 11, 2010, 03:28:03 pm
Reply #8

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 03:28:03 pm »
Go go Daekadin!

Sounds like Kesh wants to tank.

TNX GOD

August 11, 2010, 03:41:27 pm
Reply #9

Offline Blankshot

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 03:41:27 pm »
Thanks for replys.
For that friend i dont mind about any reply here,feel free mate its just an opinion as a guild member on one apply :)
About gear i have T10 shoulder and also 150badges,just didnt buy new part yet.if any drops comes from pugs.About feet i would like to craft tanking feet but it havent defance raiting and if i use it my argent proc not gonna proc.thats why i didnt craft it.About gem,on my head have a yellow slot and cant put red in there.it will be changed with tier part cause it has red socket part.
(Normaly paladin gear should be full t10 exept leg.craft leg is the best cause of armor.about feet,it should be from dreamwalker.)
For raiding i dont mind wiping or having failers its happens in any of guild even in hardcore guilds sometimes ppl fail.noone can play this game with pure non fails.At the end everyone just human and can fail sometimes.in Catas it was just different.anyway dont wanna make catastrophe on more bad position.cause there was some good ppl too.
Oh btw there was a guy  named Natureflow i guess if i remember true.i have raided with him in 10man hardmode run.he can write here his opinion too also about me if he likes :)

Thanks for reading.Have a nice day.
P.S Blankshot's friend Bigseksy.

August 11, 2010, 03:59:21 pm
Reply #10

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 03:59:21 pm »
i can Craft the Prot Legs and feet for you in you have the matts.

Not really sure what you mean about Argent defender.. and boots?

but the stam/avoidance upgrade you'll get from the craft boots it too massive to not use, instead of waiting for a drop.

Make the boots .. use .. replace if/when u get the drop.

Again not sure what you mean waiting for drops for your tier pieces, the only pieces which can drop are legs and gloves, and legs you wont use, and gloves are cheep (60badges). So there is no excuse for not getting t10 upgrades. Frost badges are sOooo easy to acquire now.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

August 11, 2010, 04:14:44 pm
Reply #11

Offline Blankshot

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 04:14:44 pm »
i ment like this.if one paladin tank havent 540 defance.argent proc not procing.its the cap for that talent.if i use boots my defance will be lower then 540.cause alrdy i havent any defance from leg also.
About getting tier piece i ment if i join any pug and if let say second boss tanking head drops i can buy tier chest insted of head.so i can fix my gear and stats much faster.but ofc it was while going with pugs.its not same thinking like while in any guild.if it was like that i buy all of pieces as faster as i can for fix stat but for pugs it wasnt problem u know,if u understand what i mean.

Thanks for reading.Blankshot's friend.

August 11, 2010, 04:41:04 pm
Reply #12

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 04:41:04 pm »
Well even gemming for the defence cap is worth it if you upgrade from 245 to 251/264 loots. The stats alone on the pieces are enough.
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

August 11, 2010, 04:51:31 pm
Reply #13

Offline Blankshot

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 04:51:31 pm »
u got a point i agree with that about gemming defance gems and getting more str-sta and some avoidance but i was pugging all instances thats why i didnt bother with it.anyway its not that much problem,can craft it even now.

Thanks for reading.Blankshot's friend.

August 11, 2010, 04:51:42 pm
Reply #14

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 04:51:42 pm »
To be honest. Waiting for a drop for an upgrade over something you can upgrade your self .. is the worst way to gear up.

Trust me .. if i could craft a Prot neck ... I WOULD!!!!

Iv been stuck with a neck from TOC 10 for about 13months now. (probably longer)

Dont rely on drops. Craft, buy with badges, do what you can to upgrade your gear. Just buy the Chest and start saving for the next piece.

I would upgrade all the bits you can post-haste! and if you need to, get a defence enchant on your head/chest/cloak/shoulders to get to def cap.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:34:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

157 Guests, 3 Users
Vejeta, Cnackaa, Pratiarch