Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mage A-team apply

November 14, 2010, 08:16:08 pm
Read 9669 times

Offline Jugoslovenka

• Former Member

• Master Programmer

Mage A-team apply
« on: November 14, 2010, 08:16:08 pm »
Greetings! I'm Jugoslovenka, level 80 Blood Elf Mage

Personal Information:

My name is Nemanja Bogdanovic, I live in Belgrade, Serbia, go to a college and play WoW in free time. I also love to spend my free time theorycrafting, looking up on wowhead/ej forums, and making addons! (I'm a programmer)

Character Information:

Name: Jugoslovenka, Champion of Ulduar
Race and class : Blood Elf Mage
Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Jugoslovenka

Class and spec Information:

First of all, many of you will ask why am I arcane, when endgame Fire prooved to be better. I like arcane, now in 4.0.1 when our rotation and playstyle has been overhauled.
Basically, they've made Arcane Missiles a more in-depth proc, much like warrior's overpower. Arcane mages have talent in their trees which brings 2 more missiles and fires them more rapidly. Mastery rating is our main thing right now. It improves our damage based onhow much mana we have unspent.
Reforging : I reforge spirit, critical strike rating and haste into Mastery, but this only counts in if I am hit capped (450 hit rating).Because Mastery is so good, I am using Mage Armor now - it has been changed and now it regenerates 4% of my total mana every 5 seconds. This is a really nice change and now my Mage armor is better than Molten armor because we stack Mastery. Arcane Blast debuff stacks no longer increase Arcane Missiles damage output. The debuff now only increases arcane blast damage.Rotation for arcane has been changed.

Rotation: I have 2 phases - Burn phase and Refreshment phase.

Burn phase: This is done when Evocation is not on cooldown, also very good when used with Arcane Power and Mirror Images and Bloodlust/Ancient Hysteria.Rotation used : Spam Arcane Blast, never do missiles or barrage. Just spam Arcane Blast. When I am at 95% of my mana pop Mana Gem, for increased spellpower. Continue spamming Arcane Blast. When I'm at 35% mana, Evocate and proceed to Refreshment phase.

Refreshment Phase: This is done when Evocation / Mana Potion / Gem / Racial are on cooldown. Rotation used: 4x Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Barrage. While you perform this, I always stay at 100% mana due to your Mage Armor. Refreshment phase is used until Evocation is at 1 minute cooldown (about half CD). At that point I can switch back to Burn Phase, since I will be able to Evocate once again after reach 35% mana. Depending on your gear, you will be able to see this barrier and switch to Burn phase when you feel it's a good time. If it's a heavy movement fight you can also predict when you need to move and before that move switch to Burn phase, because while you are moving, your mana still regenerates.

In this new patch I have some talent points which are not used for damage, and they are for suiting my own needs. I've chosen Improved Blink because it really helps on heavy movement fights. Also, I've put only 1 talent in Nether Vortex because when we are spamming AB,we don't need 100%.

Gear Information: As you see, this gear set I have for about 5 months, unchanged (exception of bracers). I'm not a gear-whore.

Raiding Experience:

Naxx: Cleared
Malygos: Cleared
Ulduar: Cleared
ToC: Cleared
ToGC: Cleared
ICC : Cleared
ICC HC : 10/12 Achievement, Putricide down to 2% and have LK 25 HC experience (up to 2nd Val'kyr).

Raiding Schedual:

I'm available to raid every day.

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

Okay, well I've started playing WoW in march 2007. Was still TBC. I created a paladin and started levelling it.. Got to level 17 before realising I had a class trainer and that he could learn me new spells. I got up angry and deleted it. Next thing I did, was a hunter, got him to lvl 24 before stopping to try and make a guild.. Bad fail, deleted the character again. At the time I didn't know I could have more characters at same realm, so I kept deleting every character I didn't like.. Then some day, I created a Mage. That was the last class left and I didn't want to copy my mage friend who got me into WoW. But I really liked my mage.. Levelled it really slow (dinged 70 in August), made a social guild, made good friends.. The guild is still up, runned by my former officer. When I was like 30, I created a tauren female warrior.. and levelled it like an alt. It still exists and the cow is level 72 atm. It was Outland EU realm, and I was foolish not to give any member or officer in my guild permission to kick ( I wanted more and more members ). One day I had to move away from the house, accidentally broke my PC in the process , ended up with 30 days offline and game master set the officer as guild master. I was so angry, I stopped playing mage. Really. At the time I didn't have enough money for transfer, and my friends were playing on Al'Akir, Defias Brotherhood and Dunemaul. So I made a paladin on Al'Akir. Levelled it to 80, switched specs 17453 times, and realized that paladin is really a boring class ( no offense pallies). And I missed my mage. So after a few weeks my friend stopped playing on Al'Akir so I had no guild or reason to stay there. I moved to Defias with my mage, played with my best real life friend Kurvar (or Toitoiwc now), got into a good 25 man guild called <Ubiquity>. That was my best wow time ever. That's the guild I accomplished everything with. I still miss it. Sadly, the guild was disbanded. Milosh wanted to do arena, I wanted to do more PvE.. And Defias had no future for us. So we moved here on Dunemaul.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

As of progress it is the realm first EU guild. I really need a good and serious raiding enviroment, and I think you can provide it.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

I'm a very good (if not best) single-target DPS, as Arcane. I also have full end game experience and always have 5 flasks, 20 buff foods, and can provide AI buff & Focus Magic/

Last words?
People think I'm a lie because I'm too good to be true

HINT: Typing this on iPad,since main pc internet is down (god damn SBB lagged me in vezax's green gas and i ruined champ of uld :/ )

A stranger walked high in the mountains to ask the echo an important question. He took a deep breath and yelled:

Tell me all about DAMAGE!

and the echo simply answered:

... Mage.... Mage... Mage....

November 14, 2010, 08:21:25 pm
Reply #1

Offline Yathezai

• Former Member

Re: Mage A-team apply
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 08:21:25 pm »
You look like a nice guy, good luck! :)

November 14, 2010, 08:47:14 pm
Reply #2

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:47:14 pm »
Curious that you have LK HC experience, but have never killed Putricide HC... new guild that only brought you in for lk? :)
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 14, 2010, 08:49:29 pm
Reply #3

Offline Jugoslovenka

• Former Member

• Master Programmer

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 08:49:29 pm »
Actually we had 4 mages so me and another mage were swapping.. Luck hates me as much as RNG does (dehydration ftl)

A stranger walked high in the mountains to ask the echo an important question. He took a deep breath and yelled:

November 14, 2010, 09:03:26 pm
Reply #4

Offline Strifium

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 09:03:26 pm »
Name: Jugoslovenka, Champion of Ulduar

HINT: Typing this on iPad,since main pc internet is down (god damn SBB lagged me in vezax's green gas and i ruined champ of uld :/ )

My Champion of Ulduar!!
Kinda long application, scared me off to read the whole text. Good luck with your application.

November 14, 2010, 09:06:46 pm
Reply #5

Offline Jugoslovenka

• Former Member

• Master Programmer

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 09:06:46 pm »
Ey I only missed iron council for my achievement but I continued the run anyway

November 14, 2010, 09:08:48 pm
Reply #6

Offline Strifium

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:08:48 pm »
And Ruined mine..
Anyway, no bad feelings about it. :) I can get that next week -- I think.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:11:04 pm by Strifium »

November 14, 2010, 09:14:35 pm
Reply #7

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 09:14:35 pm »
Your app is a nice one and, though your gear is pretty terrible, that doesn't matter with Cata in < a month.  Also, I see that you're a friend of another applicant we have, the DK, that we could really use.  I'm happy to recruit you, as well as him, so you can keep playing together.  Sadly, this probably seals my fate of leveling my paladin in Cata instead of my mage :(  So, you best not suck :P

What I will say is, though, that there are no guarantees for Cataclysm.  Our raid group is going to get a bit of a shake up.  People coming back to play, people who can't level up quickly enough and miss the formation of early 10-mans.  Things like that.  I'm not expecting an influx of old mages (we have pretty stable mages,) so, as long as you are available at the start, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you think you can be a stable raider from now through Cataclysm, then be online Wednesday, 19:30 (server time,) for our weekly clear of ICC HC!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:22:26 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 14, 2010, 11:20:25 pm
Reply #8

Offline Chippen

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 11:20:25 pm »
Your app is a nice one and, though your gear is pretty terrible, that doesn't matter with Cata in < a month.  Also, I see that you're a friend of another applicant we have, the DK, that we could really use.  I'm happy to recruit you, as well as him, so you can keep playing together.  Sadly, this probably seals my fate of leveling my paladin in Cata instead of my mage :(  So, you best not suck :P

What I will say is, though, that there are no guarantees for Cataclysm.  Our raid group is going to get a bit of a shake up.  People coming back to play, people who can't level up quickly enough and miss the formation of early 10-mans.  Things like that.  I'm not expecting an influx of old mages (we have pretty stable mages,) so, as long as you are available at the start, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you think you can be a stable raider from now through Cataclysm, then be online Wednesday, 19:30 (server time,) for our weekly clear of ICC HC!

wat about our superduper dual frost combo leveling team kesh?!?!? fukkn judas!

November 14, 2010, 11:32:12 pm
Reply #9

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 11:32:12 pm »
Frost/ret... ftw!!!11 + I can tank for instance quests.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 15, 2010, 12:27:24 am
Reply #10

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 12:27:24 am »
Yeah -- we can trial you in ICC (up to Lich King, I guess).

Nice application. A Serbian with an iPad? Rich family, or do you have a very good job?
Now I run a tech website.

November 15, 2010, 12:24:24 pm
Reply #11

Offline Jugoslovenka

• Former Member

• Master Programmer

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 12:24:24 pm »
You seem to underestimate us Serbs.. Got it as a graduation gift.

I'll be there on Wednesday!

November 16, 2010, 01:53:57 am
Reply #12

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 01:53:57 am »
Wow -- expensive gift!

Do you have a job as a programmer, then?

November 16, 2010, 02:10:17 am
Reply #13

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 02:10:17 am »
Heh, didn't notice the black mage avatar you have there.  Used to have one myself (where has it gone?)  I also like programming (dont have a job as one, though.)  Maybe it's a mage thing?!

Edit: Fixed!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:12:14 am by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 16, 2010, 02:14:33 am
Reply #14

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 02:14:33 am »
Would explain why mages are 100% pragmatic, but utterly useless in practice.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:46:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

64 Guests, 0 Users