Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mini-mafia - The Witch Hunt - The Town of Notta Rossa

June 25, 2011, 08:25:55 pm
Reply #45

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

Re: Mini-mafia - The Witch Hunt - The Town of Notta Rossa
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 08:25:55 pm »
My honest thoughts thus far points suspicion towards Sintrael, mainly because the way he's acted up to now - but also because he was fast to defend you (palmar) in a very "midground" way, while also hopping quite fast onto your boat of the Ttam lynch.

But that's all I really have to go on.

Also, if you look objectively on your and Sintraels posts together you'd make a very good tagteam, weighing out suspicion that you both correlate since you're arguing, while at the same time going down the same road of TTaM lynch, should you both be Witches.

Matt is however a bit off, so your suspicions aren't wrongly placed at all from what I can deduce.
It's hard, not sure what I'm going to vote at this point, so hopefully to spur some posting I'm going to vote Hugman

##Vote: Hugman

Since I believe he must have more input than he's currently displaying, assuming he's a villager.
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

June 25, 2011, 08:33:25 pm
Reply #46

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 08:33:25 pm »
I'm a bit torn on who to vote for, as at this point in the game not much information is forthcoming. Both Sint, Kesh and Hugman have been joking about a fair bit, but no clear candidate has emerged in my eyes.

I guess I should throw down a vote at some point so for now I'm going with Hugman...

##Vote: Hugman

PS. Nach's post has come up as I've written mine, and it does point out a bit of a link between Sint and Palmar, though I still think it's a bit too vague without any data to conclude anything on. I'm considering switching to Sintrael, but there's still a while untill midnight.
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

June 25, 2011, 08:49:10 pm
Reply #47

Offline Palmar

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2011, 08:49:10 pm »
nach and star are likely town, both spotted the tiny inconsistance in my post.

you see, my case against hugman ought to be better than my case against ttam. starbrow and nach noticed and took a good decision based on logic, while sint jumped the matt bandwagon with very little reason.

this makes me think sint is very suspicious. hugman and matt still remain a concern.

##vote: sintrael
Trolls are awesome!

June 25, 2011, 08:51:34 pm
Reply #48

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2011, 08:51:34 pm »
Oh good its started to kick off. And a bandwagon is starting to form on me!

Right, well once again, I will state that I am once again, a fucking green.

Since its day one, and I don't really have anything to go on, and there isn't really a clear "arches" figure, I don't really have any one to go on, excepting maybe those who have voted for me. I will give it a little think, and then vote.

As for peoples reasons for voting me, well, I understand that with little to go on, I am a good a target as any. Just be aware, that I don't get killed by bandwagon-ing. As for my "lack of posting/trival posts" that people have stated, well, yes; I have been doing that. 

Most of the posts have been from work, and I haven't really spent much time or though on them. Since it is the weekend, I can now do some proper ones, but like i said, no real data to go on.

Two things that seemed a little suspicious:

Agreed Veilas, i think palmar is going to be extremeley dangerous as either green or red, i'd like to keep him alive tho just to see how he plays considering he's the only person in the entire guild who actually has any real mafia experience.

I understand about it being dangerous if palmar is red, but why green? Little odd, sint, please explain.

Secondly, people are using the "oh hugman hasn't posted much, therefore, he must be red" argument, which is a bit silly. If I was blue (which I am not) I would be somewhat laying low, and then you just have started a bandwagon on me, for not acting like a clear green? That seems quite anti town. Yes, by all means go for the quiet ones, but don't assume that because I am not throttling the forums with data, that I am up to something. It just forces blues put in that situation to do silly things, which then gets them killed or wasted.

June 25, 2011, 09:01:04 pm
Reply #49

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2011, 09:01:04 pm »
No irc bot anymore to tell us the vote count and who for?

Tried it and it told me kendoki had 3 votes.

June 25, 2011, 09:02:58 pm
Reply #50

Offline Palmar

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 09:02:58 pm »
Oh good its started to kick off. And a bandwagon is starting to form on me!

Right, well once again, I will state that I am once again, a fucking green.

Since its day one, and I don't really have anything to go on, and there isn't really a clear "arches" figure, I don't really have any one to go on, excepting maybe those who have voted for me. I will give it a little think, and then vote.

As for peoples reasons for voting me, well, I understand that with little to go on, I am a good a target as any. Just be aware, that I don't get killed by bandwagon-ing. As for my "lack of posting/trival posts" that people have stated, well, yes; I have been doing that. 

Most of the posts have been from work, and I haven't really spent much time or though on them. Since it is the weekend, I can now do some proper ones, but like i said, no real data to go on.

Two things that seemed a little suspicious:

Agreed Veilas, i think palmar is going to be extremeley dangerous as either green or red, i'd like to keep him alive tho just to see how he plays considering he's the only person in the entire guild who actually has any real mafia experience.

I understand about it being dangerous if palmar is red, but why green? Little odd, sint, please explain.

Secondly, people are using the "oh hugman hasn't posted much, therefore, he must be red" argument, which is a bit silly. If I was blue (which I am not) I would be somewhat laying low, and then you just have started a bandwagon on me, for not acting like a clear green? That seems quite anti town. Yes, by all means go for the quiet ones, but don't assume that because I am not throttling the forums with data, that I am up to something. It just forces blues put in that situation to do silly things, which then gets them killed or wasted.

that last bit is a load of bullshit. any blue role would do their best to act exactly like a normal green, since any competent mafia will be aiming at people who they think might be blue. the whole "blues should lay low" thing is a myth.

i hope any blues out there read this. do not give the mafia any reason to think you might be blue, just act normally and post pro town.

i dont see anyone voting for you as anti town hug, in fact, nach and star are currently the only people on my pro town list.
Trolls are awesome!

June 25, 2011, 09:13:38 pm
Reply #51

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 09:13:38 pm »
That's not really what I meant palmar.

Voting for me doesn't mean you are anti town, as you have no way of knowing for sure that I am a green (which I am :P).

I guess i worded it a bit wrong.

Anyway, you are right, blues, in no way draw attention to yourself.

Sint/Star, if you are voting for me because you want to provoke some discussion, or see the reactions of the other people, fair enough.

June 25, 2011, 09:21:59 pm
Reply #52

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 09:21:59 pm »
Secondly, people are using the "oh hugman hasn't posted much, therefore, he must be red" argument, which is a bit silly. If I was blue (which I am not) I would be somewhat laying low, and then you just have started a bandwagon on me, for not acting like a clear green?

This argument makes little sense. I'm not saying you're a red, I'm saying there probably is a reason you want to post as little as possible.
Posting calmly, actively (like a green would) seeing things from a wide perspective is how you lay low. Quiet IS suspicious.
No matter if you're a green, blue OR red you'd still want to post just like a green would.

That seems quite anti town.
Again, I'm confused, how is it anti town? Kill off the suspicious people is pretty much how this game works.

Yes, by all means go for the quiet ones, but don't assume that because I am not throttling the forums with data, that I am up to something. It just forces blues put in that situation to do silly things, which then gets them killed or wasted.

No, it only forces people to actually write their thoughts and arguments, which later turns into data. The fact you're even defending low input even though you've been a big supporter of lynch the quietees in the earlier games make you even more suspicious to me.

Your post in general seems to be going many different directions, at points you state you understand why you've gotten votes against you and then a couple of sentences after you're saying it's Anti-town.

Not trying to pin you down or anything, but surely you see the faults in your own post, yes?

June 25, 2011, 09:29:42 pm
Reply #53

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 09:29:42 pm »
PS. Nach's post has come up as I've written mine, and it does point out a bit of a link between Sint and Palmar, though I still think it's a bit too vague without any data to conclude anything on. I'm considering switching to Sintrael, but there's still a while untill midnight.

Perhaps I should have written a bit more when I made the same conclusion earlier!

However, thinking about it, I doubt Palmar would be openly agreeing with and supporting the other mafia in the game, because, if Sint gets lynched, he is sure to follow.  Could be a big double bluff, though.

Looking at last game, in my opening analysis post I fingered 3-4 of the 6 mafia in the game and got killed.  What you don't know, as well, is that I was talking with Emptyy about investigating Mouse (the 5th mafia) - perhaps I was being a little too on the money?  Now we come to this game and we have Sint defending Palmar several times, suggesting keeping him in the game.  I haven't really seen any links between any other players - which makes me suspicious of only those 2 (since there are 2 mafia), for the moment.  So I'm voting for one of them, Sintrael, for the very good point that Sint made.  If Palmar is, indeed, a townie, it's better to have him in the game than Sint, because he has more experience.

Now it seems that Palmar is throwing Sint to the dogs, perhaps to sever ties with him?  We shall see!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

June 25, 2011, 09:33:32 pm
Reply #54

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2011, 09:33:32 pm »
Yes, Nach, I do.

I was gonna do another post explaining my first one, Palmar challenged, but did a paragraph, read it, and realized it wasn't clear, and would just confuse even more.

So I will drop that.

Simply put, I am a green. If it comes to the end of the night, and I am likely to be hanged, then since I know i am a green, I will scream and shout; but since there isn't really much proof that I am green at this stage in the game, it may not work.

I guess the best thing I could do would be to put forward a case that shows a better person to be hanged, and hope most of you are bright enough to see that there is a very good chance that I am telling the truth (especially since the last two games, I have been exactly what I said i was, and been very clear about it).

I will work on it, and hopefully enough will be around for it to have an effect.

CWAVE FIX THE DAMM BOT!

June 25, 2011, 09:34:15 pm
Reply #55

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 09:34:15 pm »
Nighttime will start in 2,5 hours.

Vote standings atm are:

Hugman: 2
Veilas: 2
Sintrael: 2
Starbrow: 1
TTaM: 1

Hugman hasnt voted yet.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:12:58 pm by Cwave »

June 25, 2011, 09:35:54 pm
Reply #56

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2011, 09:35:54 pm »
IRT the bot, it now runs on Dell's server.  He says the code is available on an ftp I have access to, but I have no idea where it is.  Will need him to tell me before I can update it.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

June 25, 2011, 09:59:20 pm
Reply #57

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2011, 09:59:20 pm »
Right all i can see so far, is that the first couple of votes are done because: "I will vote for him because he hasn't posted"

These were:

Blackwhale for Palmar
Veilas for Starbrow

Kesh then makes a vote on Sint because he believes:

Palmar and Sint are witches then!

##Vote: Sintrael

This is based upon a flimsy argument by Blackwhale, the post before. Not much logic involved, but then this is Kesh, who doesn't have a good history of being effective, as either town or mob. A little suspicious imo.

Vdti then votes for Velias, stating he wants to provoke discussion. Could be good, could be bad, will have to see if he actually does change his vote later, or not.

Palmar votes for kesh, cos kesh is joking around, and has a history of being useless. Also suspects me, which at that point is valid.

Blackwhale changes his vote to veilas, and states that it is because he doesn't defend himself, and states he won't be able to change it later. This is very suspicous to me, but then again, knowing how useless blackwhale can be as town, is sort of in character. Either a useless town, or a bad mafia.

Nach votes for me, based upon my lack of serious posting.

Starbrow votes for me, based upon my lack of serious posting, but also states that sint and kesh have done the same. Secound vote on me, a little suspicious. First is likely just a townie, second has a decent chance of a mob, attempting to start a bandwagon.

Palmar votes for Sint based upon his voting for kesh, with little logic, and it being a second vote. Fair point, and he has done some posting to ensure blues don't act dumb. However, this is Palmar, and it had just be suggested that there was a link between him and sint, could be throwing us off. Also has put forth that Star and Nach are green, based upon there reasoning with his post. Has both good and bad points, could be either, not enough imo to get him hanged today, as he is a good player. Worth keeping him in, good odds he is town. Watch him, but keep him alive.

Aside from that, nach has done some good logic, and then kesh makes a post suggesting that palmar could be in league with sint ( a possibility) and misdirecting. However, his vote on sint was done before these posts came up, and is still suspect. Since he normally is very inneffective, a good candidate for a lynch, imo.

So chew this over, and add/contend it.

For now:

##Vote: Kesh

June 25, 2011, 10:13:38 pm
Reply #58

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2011, 10:13:38 pm »
Very good to see that Hugman is speaking up after a few votes being landed on him. I think he's a bit eager to defend himself if he is a green, as being lynched as a town is not necessarily a bad thing if you can get information out of it. For instance, if a bandwagon (Nach/me here being the bandwagon) is started by a couple of people on a greenie, that could be a good source of information on day 2. So if you can gain information, wrong votes may turn out to be good votes.

I think it is good to see that Hugman has now contributed a good amount of content which we can look at both now and later in the game. This leaves Sint with weird voting logic, and TTaM. I'm not buying the whole "I poked 5/6 mafia in my first post last game" thing, as you poked over half the players in the game in that post.

Overall, Hugmans contributions certainly doesn't make it easier to figure out who to vote for. My vote is still quite open to change, perhaps to Sint?
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

June 25, 2011, 10:17:29 pm
Reply #59

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2011, 10:17:29 pm »
Fair enough points.

##Unvote: Hugman
##Vote: Sintrael

I have a few reasons for this,
I think we'd get some good data from Sints death.

I'm still quite suspicious of Blackwhale aswell, but nothing logical, mainly a hunch based on the feeling I get from reading his posts thus far.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:31:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

173 Guests, 0 Users