Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 'Cloverfield'

December 02, 2007, 05:24:56 pm
Read 9528 times

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

'Cloverfield'
« on: December 02, 2007, 05:24:56 pm »
Trailer and teaser:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/cloverfield/

the interesting part about this movie is, that you dont really know what its about!
theres a shitload of speculations going around, but no one can be 100% sure until 1-18-08.

im definately sold on this method of marketing.

any of you guys got any thoughts on what this movie is about? my personal thought is that its some kind of godzilla-type creature that attacks new york. clues can be found in the trailer and even on the picture on the above posted link.

December 02, 2007, 07:00:39 pm
Reply #1

legintown

Re: 'Cloverfield'
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 07:00:39 pm »
Looks like a independance day-godzilla hybrid movie ^^

December 02, 2007, 07:01:22 pm
Reply #2

Offline rue

• Community Member

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 07:01:22 pm »
As it's a production by Bad Robot it probably too many plot twists to predict anything.

December 02, 2007, 07:02:24 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 07:02:24 pm »
Wasn't the last film to try the 'lack of information' route The Blairwitch Project?
Now I run a tech website.

December 02, 2007, 07:30:11 pm
Reply #4

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 07:30:11 pm »
saw the trailer a while back... and it left me realy wondering what it was all about
i ma prolly gonna see this movie
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

December 02, 2007, 07:49:14 pm
Reply #5

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 07:49:14 pm »
A decapitated Statue of Liberty... looks like it's ripped off by some giant things with claws, if you look at the statue. I bet Legin got some conspiracy theories cooking already.  :D
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

December 02, 2007, 08:21:01 pm
Reply #6

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 08:21:01 pm »
I think that party you see in the beginning is held on an ancient indian burial site, and by chance someone played a Black Sabbath record. So there you go - sublimal messages by Ozzy - no indian spirit can resist those. Risen Indian Spirit (RIS) just wants to party in NYC but of course noone welcomes a rotting corpse unless it's Halloween. So RIS ends up destroying NYC in anger.

The movies is a) a clever critique about society's state of xenophobia and b) yes your parents were right: rock music is bad.

December 02, 2007, 08:39:37 pm
Reply #7

Offline Daekesh

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 08:39:37 pm »
I saw something a while ago, a sketch about how shitty movie titles are becoming these days.  This is a shining example.  'Cloverfield'?  Wtf!  However, I think this actually looks pretty good.  Can't wait.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

December 02, 2007, 08:47:12 pm
Reply #8

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 08:47:12 pm »
I like the name Cloverfield. Hints to some goverment project gone LOELWRONG.
And yes, they are doing the nice viral approach for this movie :)

The teaser was shown in the USA before the transformers when it was in the cinema without a title. It now has Cloverfield but its been called anything from 180108 to Cheese(yes cheese).

Its from the guy from Lost and apperntly he got his inspiration for this movie while in Japan and seeing all the dragonbased toys on godzilla. So i expect some monsters keke.

Also, all the actors didnt see anything of the script but had to say yes before the were informed what the movie would be about.
Everything is told via movies from camcorders and cellphones, to tell the story of that night etc.

I CANT WAIT!
Give :)

December 02, 2007, 10:47:01 pm
Reply #9

legintown

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 10:47:01 pm »
So i WAS right about this being some godzilla-type movie. However, it takes alot more than clever advertising to catch my attention, especially when dealing with mainstream "action" movies...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:22:56 pm by legintown »

December 03, 2007, 01:09:28 am
Reply #10

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 01:09:28 am »
After watching the teaser/trailer, I must say I'm looking forward to seing this movie aswell. By the way, how many of you noticed the shadowpicture in the trailer of the screaming woman who suddenly starts inflating while being held by two protectionsuited men? That could hint something aswell...
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

January 27, 2008, 09:37:24 pm
Reply #11

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 09:37:24 pm »
I think best way to ruin this movie is watching the shitty cam that came out last week. Whoa... I assume it only works on the big screen. Anyway, movie = 74 minutes or something, first 20+ spent showing the boring party. Lame. But if you someday need samples of people screaming - this should be your first choice....

February 06, 2008, 12:22:08 am
Reply #12

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 12:22:08 am »
Right, watched this tonight aswell, wasn't impressed at all. I think the "one camera, handheld" thingy seemed realistic and stuff, but this movie would most likely have been massively better with a normal way of showing scenes.

Through all of the movie, noone has a clue on anything, and the main character has an obsession with getting back to this girl he sort of fancies, who happens to lie trapped  in his appartment, after he fled, and she didn't.

Oh, and why the HUGE monster would stop in the middle of central park to look down at ONE little human, and then eat/chew him a bit is totally beyond me. It's very dramatic, watching some huge thing eating the camera, but it makes zero sense to be fair.

Oh, and as Goza said, TONS of scream being done in this one...

5/10
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

February 24, 2008, 09:36:39 pm
Reply #13

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 09:36:39 pm »
Are you questioning the logic of big-man-eating-monster?

Anyway, the movie is good. Not great, but definatly a good way to spend an evening.
Trolls are awesome!

April 12, 2008, 02:03:53 am
Reply #14

Inphy

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 02:03:53 am »
I'm watching it right now.

And im watching it in my bed with my laptop, in the dark, with my headset on. And it's scaring the shit out of me tbh :o. It really feels like your in it and stuff. 

Though I am easily scared.

Edit: I just finished watching this movie. And the end sucked, it just sucked. I expected some more of it, you couldn't even see the 'monster' going down (you don't even know what it is or something). And what happened to the small dudes, i mean there must be 1 person 'infected' that survived or something. So i'm expecting a Cloverfield 2, and hopefully they'll explain everything about the monster, about the thing, and maybe some other angled shots from the 'first' movie. Would be cool I geuss.

6/10. For scaring me, but the ending sucked. And the camera work was pretty neat imo, gave it another look on the world.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 02:18:10 am by Inphy »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:05:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

446 Guests, 0 Users