Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Kardel

May 16, 2023, 11:28:33 am
Read 4033 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Kardel
« on: May 16, 2023, 11:28:33 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Kardel
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Kardel
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Khalifa
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Working as a Network Engineer in a telecom company

Class/Spec:

If it is a matter of preference, then definitely Marksmanship, as I am in love with the spec and it has been my main spec since 2015.
But, for multiple occasions, I have played Beast Mastery and old Survival (back when it was ranged) since some of those fights required a different approach of damage, since BM is known to be able to maintain 100% damage while moving and the old Survival was good at Spread-AoE and so on...
My item level currently 412 (did 7/9 normal this week and 6 dungeons of M+ and only got one piece of loot in total ^^" )

Well, not sure what can I show in here but, I can speak more in depth about the current MM and whatever little information I have on BM for Dragonflight.
1- As for MM, it is currently known to have a well burst dps for either single target or AoE of 3-6 targets (8 if Light Ammo talent was selected) , and unlike BM, MM requires the player to never stop casting, as you will always find something to press with Steady Shot being the filler skill, should you be unlucky with the procs of Lock'n'Load and The Windrunner talents.
2- As for BM, I admit that I havent touched it this expansion, however I did play on it on the target dummy for experimental purposes and observed their ability in the current raid-tier. While MM is better at burst (especially with Bloodlust) , BM is a better constant overall and its damage builds up over time with maintaining its buff from Frenzy and managing to cast Bestial Wrath every 40-50 seconds or so.

Alts:

My most maintained alt at the moment is a resto shaman called Matotem-Bronzebeard , with 416 ilvl.
I dont prefer it as my main since I know that I am best at MM hunter than anything else, but always up to exploring other specs/classes or roles to enhance my knowledge of the classes in the game.
I have a low ilvl warrior tank alt (386 ilvl) that I play when I want to tank for fun.

Professions:

To be honest, I haven't maintained any profession in Dragonflight so far, since my priority was to utilize my time in doing keys and raid whenever possible.
But, I would be up for getting a profession if it would benefit me and the guild in the long run.

Raiding Experience:

I do have CE with Emerald Nightmare, and few other Mythic experiences, with Nya'lotha being the latest before I decided to take a break from Mythic due to irl pressure from work and health issues.
Now, I am ready to play the raids again since raiding have always been a passion of mine.
Can share more guild history in details, if required (but that would require some digging from my side :D )
I also have few video kills for references, if required to share.

Previous Guilds:

The list of guilds is huge but, I can share the latest one I guess:
Casual Pizza Cats - Bronzebeard : The raiding team performance have reduced significantly and the members are not good enough to progress Mythic. They have a really good atmosphere as a guild but their schedule didnt suit me as of late, as they need me for 2 days a week and I prefer 1 day a week nowadays to balance out raiding with m+ and other activities I have in life.

Availability:

I should be available for all Sundays except for the first Sunday of June, since I will be travelling for work.

Communication:

Yes, I am confident in my English as a second language and I can listen and use microphone if needed.

Computer / Connection:

I consider my PC to be well above average, and have no fps issues and the internet connection is stable. High ping is normal for me due to geographical distance at 110ms, but I have been playing with this setup for over 10 years and I have no issues whatsoever.

Addons/UI:

I shall list the addons and UI for raiding later, since I am submitting the application on my laptop at work.
But, to be short, I use Weakauras, DBM, Plater, Details, GTFO and other addons that are related to raiding. More details on this to be shared along with the screenshot of my current UI.
For 8 years I have used ElvUI, but after the enhancements of the UI in Dragonflight, I decided to drop ElvUI, but I can bring it back if needed.

Other Games:

Final Fantasy XIV, complete casual in it and only doing it for the storyline, thats the only game I play actively whenever I have the time.
Other games on weekends with friends like FIFA, Pubg, DotA, LoL, Apex, Valorant, etc...
But no commitments whatsoever on the other games other than FFXIV.

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join Iron Edge since I want to find a community in Kazzak that is friendly, communicative and having fun in the game, while being able to pull their weight in raids and manage to have fun while steadily progressing in them.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A dedicated hunter who is specialized at being a Marksmanship for the last 8 years, along with the flexibility to play other specs or even classes if required.
Also, you will find me to be an active member in this community that would be vocal and communicative, as well as supportive if needed.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

To be honest, I have nowhere else to go at the moment. I moved to Kazzak since my friends from uni are here but I don't have a guild in this realm and all other guilds either don't suit my schedule or they have enough hunters and dont need another hunter.
I would really appreciate your consideration on me, as I think that I am fit to be part of Iron Edge.
For any questions, this is my Discord: Sharpeye#4942 , and this is my Bnet: Sharpeye#21715

Of course, I will regularly check my email for any reply from your side.

May 16, 2023, 11:32:30 am
Reply #1

Offline Sharpeye

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Kardel
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 11:32:30 am »
Not sure why it didnt link my user to this application.
But, I am the applicant for this application.
MM is love, MM is life,
"Kardel" Sharpeye

May 16, 2023, 11:42:44 am
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 11:42:44 am »
Not sure why it didnt link my user to this application.
But, I am the applicant for this application.

Howdy! Pretty good app!
The website doesn't set the user name when you create an app, so don't worry about it.

What Data Center/Server do you play in, in FFXIV?
Ba dun tss!

May 16, 2023, 12:18:12 pm
Reply #3

Offline Sharpeye

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 12:18:12 pm »
Hello! Thanks alot!

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18040539/

This is my character lodestone, its name is Sharp Eye, in Raiden server, Light DC.
MM is love, MM is life,
"Kardel" Sharpeye

May 16, 2023, 03:01:49 pm
Reply #4

Offline Sharpeye

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 03:01:49 pm »
These are the addons that I use (or used to use) for raiding, I use other addons of course, but they are not related to raiding:

Deadly Boss Mods
Details
ElvUI (In the past)
GTFO
Infinite Raid Tools (some guilds used it for notes to display in-game)
Plater
Raider.IO
Simulationcraft
Weakauras

As for the screenshot of the UI, I just joined LFR to fetch a recent one for the application :D :

https://imgur.com/a/Vnr2Wym
MM is love, MM is life,
"Kardel" Sharpeye

May 17, 2023, 05:05:32 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rasgaas

• Officer

• Week-end raid Officer

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 05:05:32 pm »
Hello, I would like to offer you a trial ! Please poke an officer for an invite and don't forget to say hello in discord public chat so we can give you access. Welcome !

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:14:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

317 Guests, 1 User
Naasty