Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 WotlK info

May 09, 2008, 02:09:54 pm
Read 5081 times

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

WotlK info
« on: May 09, 2008, 02:09:54 pm »
Raiding Changes

• Similar to World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, all 5-person dungeons will have a Heroic mode
• All raid dungeons in Wrath of the Lich King will have both 25-person and 10-person versions
- 25-person raiding progression is not dependent on 10-person raiding; players will not have to obtain keys or attunements in 10-person raids to participate in 25-person raids
- 10- and 25-person raids both have their own, independent progression paths
• Players will receive more, higher level rewards for completing the 25-person raid dungeons over the 10-person version

The Deathknight class

A quick description of some of the spells:

• Death Coil -- Depletes all Runic Power, dealing 600 damage to a non-Undead target, or healing 900 damage on a friendly target.
• Death Grip -- This is the Death Knight's "taunt" ability. It also pulls the target to the Death Knight, forcing them to attack the Death Knight for a short amount of time. Yes, I said pulls the target; Blizzard is going to allow players to move mobs in the expansion both with Death Grip, and other knockback/pull abilities. This works on players too, so PvP balance ahoy!
• Chains of Ice -- Roots the target in place. When the spell fades, it places a snare on the target that reduces in potency as the duration runs out.
• Raise Dead -- Raises a nearby corpse to fight for the Death Knight for 2 minutes. If used on a player corpse, the player has the option to play as the ghoul for the duration -- gaining access to the ghoul's abilities.
- The ghoul has the ability to do the following:
-- Leap to the target
-- Rend for decent damage-over-time
-- Stun target, and of course more
• Death Pact -- Sacrifices the raised ghouls to heal the Death Knight.
• Death and Decay -- Targeted, AoE Damage-over-time which pulses similar to the Paladin spell Consecration. Anyone affected by Death and Decay has a chance to be feared.
• Frost Presence -- Increases Armor by 45% and allows the Death Knight to generate 25% more threat. Only one presence can be active at any time.
• Unholy Presence -- Increases Attack Speed and Movement speed by 15%. Only one presence can be active at any time. This was described by Tom Chilton as the "PvP" presence.
• Anti-magic Shield -- Reduces the damage of the next magical spell cast on the Death Knight by 75%. It also converts the damage reduced into Runic Power.
• Strangulate -- Depletes all Runic Power, dealing minor damage and silencing the target for up to 5 seconds.
• Summon Deathcharger -- Allows the Death Knight to summon a Deathcharger mount. This mount is acquired through quests, similar to the Paladin and Warlock land mounts.

A quick recap of the information they were told about the Death Knight:

• Death knights will be available to all players with level 55 characters
• Players can create one death knight per realm, per account
• Death knights can be any of the races
• Once created, death knights can undertake a series of quests to introduce the player to the new class and its associated lore
• Death knights utilize a rune system as their resource mechanic
- Three different rune types are available: Unholy, Frost, and Blood
- These runes allow death knights to cast spells and abilities; spells can cost any combination of these runes
- Spent runes automatically refresh after a set period of time, similar to a rogue’s energy bar
- The death knight will have the ability to customize which array of six runes is currently available
• As rune abilities are used, the death knight also generates another resource called Runic Power
- The death knight will have several abilities that cost all available Runic Power, with varying levels of effectiveness based on total Runic Power spent
- Runic Power decays over time if it’s not spent, similar to a warrior’s rage bar
• The death knight has three different presences to use: Blood, Frost, and Unholy; each presence grants the death knight a unique buff that will allow him or her to fulfill different roles in combat
• The death knight can serve either as a tank or as a melee-based damage-dealing class
• Death knights are designed to be highly viable tanking, magic-using characters
• Death knights will have the ability to summon undead guardians to fight by their side
• Death knights will have the ability to summon a Deathcharger mount.

now i personaly love the fact that you can chose to be a ghoul if he uses raise dead on you
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

May 09, 2008, 02:12:28 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: WotlK info
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:12:28 pm »
Now I run a tech website.

May 09, 2008, 02:39:29 pm
Reply #2

Offline starshadow

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 02:39:29 pm »
I'm tbh thinking of "maybe" rerolling DK in wotlk.. But then again i want to see all the things warlocks gets :) Probably wont since i love the lock class to much but we see!!

May 09, 2008, 03:02:32 pm
Reply #3

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 03:02:32 pm »
I'm tbh thinking of "maybe" rerolling DK in wotlk.. But then again i want to see all the things warlocks gets :) Probably wont since i love the lock class to much but we see!!

If you didn't realise so far Deathknight is in fact a warlock pet...

May 09, 2008, 03:03:41 pm
Reply #4

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 03:03:41 pm »
Be aware that we'll probably only have 1 or 2 raiding DKs until everything is very much balanced out.

My ideal situation would be seeing one of our raiding warriors/druids/paladins go DK.

But ofc, this is a long way out... and who knows who will still be raiding then :)
Now I run a tech website.

May 09, 2008, 03:32:04 pm
Reply #5

Offline Comrade Nox

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 03:32:04 pm »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5cxfm_wrath-of-the-lich-king-media-event_videogames

Exploration of alot of Wotlk places. It looks so fantastic I came a little.

May 09, 2008, 05:12:28 pm
Reply #6

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 05:12:28 pm »
i came a little to nox

i came a little to
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

May 09, 2008, 09:32:30 pm
Reply #7

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 09:32:30 pm »
Oh wow, those new zones are just utterly gorgeous. DK sounds more and more interesting, but then again we haven't heard anything about what the classic classes recieve in WotLK, so I guess we'll wait and see. I don't plan on rolling DK no matter what though...
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

May 10, 2008, 03:42:23 am
Reply #8

Offline starshadow

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 03:42:23 am »
Some more info

• Players will unlock their flying mounts at level 77
• You can use your Outland flying mount, and Blizzard will have new flying mounts for players to get as well
• The Northrend in Wrath of the Lich King is considerably larger than Outland, the area explored by players in Burning Crusade. That means not only are there larger numbers of zones to explore, many of them are so large that they've been divided into "sub-zones," much like Terrokar Forest and the Auchindon Waste in Outland.
• The new "vehicle" system will enable characters to "drive" an object around. One example Blizzard gave them: Players will fly over a human settlement being overrun with the Scourge, lowering a ladder down to pull up and rescue civilians. In one dungeon instance, players will be able to "liberate" some blue dragons that they can mount up and fly around, fighting their way up a massive tower.

Old Azeroth contents used in Northrend
• There are quests and content relating to the Worgen and the sons of Arugal (from Silverpine Forest) and everyone's favorite religious fanatics, the Scarlet Crusade (called the Scarlet Onslaught in Northrend).
• They're also advancing the Forsaken storyline, adding in uniquely Forsaken building architecture and giving the player more chances to help in their Wile E. Coyote-like quest to kill every living thing on Azeroth.

Factions

• The Argent Dawn faction returns in Zul'Drak.
• In Sholazar Basin, players will take part in a faction-reputation war between the Wolvar (sentient wolves) and Oracles ("the next evolution of the Murlocs"). A much lighter take on reputation gaming is promised here, with players actively encouraged to defect to the other side at will.

Professions

• Inscribers will create glyphs that allow players to modify their spells and abilities.
• The first recipe is going to requires Peacebloom, thus they'll rely on the herbalist gathering profession.
• Every player will get a new spell book page to which they can add six glyphs - currently, four major and two minor.
• Major glyphs will be effective in combat - adding damage over time or stun to a physical attack, for example - while minor glyphs will give convenient or cosmetic improvements, removing the need for some spell reagents.
• Glyphs can be sold on the auction house.

Dungeons & Raids

• Similar to World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, all 5-person dungeons will have a Heroic mode, and the loot tables for the 2 modes will be totally separate. Heroic dungeons will have their own "Tier" of armor completely unique to that level dungeon.
• The regular five-man instances take around one hour or less to beat (this probably won't be the case for the heroic versions)
• Zero raid bosses have been designed at this point

New "two-tier" raiding system
• All raid dungeons in Wrath of the Lich King will have both 25-person and 10-person versions
- 25-person raiding progression is not dependent on 10-person raiding; players will not have to obtain keys or attunements in 10-person raids to participate in 25-person raids
- 10- and 25-person raids both have their own, independent progression paths
• Players will receive more, higher level rewards for completing the 25-person raid dungeons over the 10-person version

Dragonblight
• Players will interact with Arthas for the first time at a relatively low level, around 71-74 in Dragonblight - the final encounter with him won't be until the final patch of the Lich King cycle, some time after release.
• The Chamber of Aspects in Dragonblight will offer a series of different single-encounter short raids with dragon bosses.

Coldara
• Coldara (a sub-zone of Borean Tundra) is a three-wing dungeon for 70s, 80s and a short Onyxia-style raid against Malygos himself.
• Coldara is structurally a broken tower with rotating rings surrounding a column of blue energy.
• During some of the boss encounters, players will actually free drakes to fly around the ring. Using the game's new vehicle technology, players will be able to engage in free flight around the dungeon and use some of the drake's abilities to take on some of the dungeon's challenges.

source
www.worldofraids.com

Exalted with the murlocs!!!!

May 10, 2008, 12:01:27 pm
Reply #9

Inphy

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 12:01:27 pm »
Exalted with murlocs means all murlocs around the world will be friendly towards you amiright?

If that's so, i'll be grinding my rep 24/7!

May 10, 2008, 12:05:41 pm
Reply #10

Offline Kergash

• Guild Member

• AGGROOOO

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 12:05:41 pm »
Exalted with murlocs means all murlocs around the world will be friendly towards you amiright?

If that's so, i'll be grinding my rep 24/7!

THE SOUND, THE SOUND!

THE SOUND IS HORRIBLE
What the

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:18:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

310 Guests, 1 User
DNZ93