Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Phoenixflame (XR)

October 10, 2014, 06:32:58 pm
Read 8168 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Phoenixflame (XR)
« on: October 10, 2014, 06:32:58 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Phoenixflame
Server: Die Aldor
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Die%20Aldor/Phoenixflame/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Linus, am 18 years old and I currently study Computer Science in my hometown Berlin, Germany.

Class/Spec:

I have only played the damage dealing specs of Warrior in MoP, Arms and Fury, depending on the boss encounter. Most of the time I use fury though.
I don't have full tanking gear yet but should a tank be required for the guild, I'd be willing to get the missing pieces and learn how to tank.

Alts:

I have a lvl 90 ilvl 538 warlock called "Vinara", but no lvl 90 alts otherwise, although I am trying to change that.

Professions:

My professions are Mining and Blacksmithing. I chose Blacksmithing due to having one of the best bonusses for warrior (although Engineering is superior). I chose it over Engineering due to crafting gear in the next expansion, hence I also took mining even though it's bonus is fairly weak.

Raiding Experience:

I cleared non heroic SoO, as well as 8/14 heroic SoO. My other raiding experience is quite limited, since I only played TBC (Karazhan, Gruul) and WotLK (ICC, Ruby, not on Blizz server, so that probably won't count) in terms of raiding. But I think of myself as a good player and I want to get higher up in the ranks of raid guilds.

Previous Guilds:

I want to leave my current guild Remember Me since I won't be able to get into their heroic roster and they don't really have any perspective for WoD, which I want to actively raid.

Availability:

Workdays until the afternoon I am at the university/work, but I am willing to contribute my evenings as well as weekends to WoW and Iron Edge.

Communication:

I use Teamspeak 3 frequently and am able to understand people and talk clearly. While not being a native speaker, my English should be more than sufficient for playing the game and talking to others. My game is currently in German, but I'll switch to English in case I can join, which won't be a problem (most guides and articles are on English either way).

Computer / Connection:

I am currently playing on a laptop with a new computer being in the works. Both should not have any issues with WoW and so far I haven't had any. My internet connection is stable and I didn't have any connecitvity or lag problems with it so far. http://testmy.net/db/4Fpb3PQ.xRpkHX3

Addons/UI:

I use a handful of addons to display all the info I need. My raid frames and most of my interface is ElvUI, which I configured to my needs. For my Name Plates, I Use TidyPlates, since I disliked ElvUI's style of them. For Raid Warnings, I take good old DBM and GTFO to tell me when I am standing in fire again. A Threat Meter is included in ElvUI and my DPS Meter is provided by Recount. For my character optimisation I use AskMrRobot, which I have grown to love very much.
A screenshot from today's flex spoils of pandaria can be seen here:
http://i.imgur.com/dnK355g.jpg

Other Games:

I play WoW (duh), the occassional LoL Game and some Singleplayer/Coop Games like Skyrim, Borderlands 2, and whatever is popular at the moment. Most of the time it's WoW though ;)

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join a raiding guild which can get stuff done, basically. My sneak peek into heroic mode left me wanting for more, especially for the new AddOn and I feel like I am outperforming most people in my guild, hence I am looking for a better one that brings a new challenge and pushes me to the limit.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a guild and raid member with teamwork and discipline, as well as skill (at least, I like to think so). I am also friendly and can make do with a lot of people, so I expect a nice and friendly environment. In Raids, concentration and success are priority, especially keeping the cool after a few wipes.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

Kazzak has been recommended by a friend and I found your guild on Wowprogress

Last Words?

I hope I could make a good first impression even though I might seem a little short in terms of experience. In case you have doubts, I'd love to prove to you that I can keep up in a trial raid or similar. I am also open to a conversation on Teamspeak.

October 10, 2014, 07:12:06 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Phoenixflame (XR)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 07:12:06 pm »
Application looks good, UI looks good, your English seems excellent (which deserves mentioning if it's a German player).

Thumbs up from me!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

October 11, 2014, 12:23:19 pm
Reply #2

Offline Sinafey

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 12:23:19 pm »
Hey could you give me a run down on a few talent choices you would use and why on different bosses in SOO?

October 11, 2014, 06:44:46 pm
Reply #3

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 06:44:46 pm »
Hey Sinafey,

Sure  :)

In Tier 1, I'd mostly take Juggernaut, although Double Time can be useful at Protectors, Norushen, Nazgrim, Spoils and maybe Blackfuse. Warbringer is sometimes good at Immerseus, but I don't find myself changing this one very often.

In Tier 2, I pretty much only take Impending Victory for quick bursts of heal or fillers in my rotation if nothing else is up. Second Wind isn't really good in most encounters and I am not a fan of Enraged Regenration.

In Tier 3, I take Disrupting Shout most of the time, although the other two talents can be good when kiting adds, which doesn't really happen in SoO, except maybe Immerseus if you let that one count.

In Tier 4, I take Bladestorm apart from Thok, where I take Dragon's Roar. Dragon's Roar is inferior as soon as you hit 2 targets (mines at Iron Coloss count) and Bladestorm is nearly always equal or better.

In Tier 5, I take Vigilance and Mass Spell Reflection at Shamans for Kardis' spell in case the tank cannot reflect it. I actually haven't messed with Safeguard a lot, maybe something I miss out on.

In Tier 6, I take Stormbolt, as should every fury warrior in SoO. In my Arms spec, I take Bloodbath.

All in all I feel like Warrior's talents aren't too versatile except Tier 1, 3 and 5.

October 11, 2014, 07:00:32 pm
Reply #4

Offline Sinafey

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 07:00:32 pm »
Good answer, that is a +1 from me.

October 11, 2014, 07:08:59 pm
Reply #5

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 07:08:59 pm »
Great app! Thumbs up.

October 12, 2014, 01:28:38 pm
Reply #6

Offline Sinafey

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 01:28:38 pm »
Welcome to Iron Edge! Just pm an officer for an invite.

October 12, 2014, 07:39:03 pm
Reply #7

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 07:39:03 pm »
Is there a time limit for the invite? I need to transfer realms from Die Aldor to Kazzak and would like to spend the first week of prepatch on Die Aldor.
If you want me to transfer this week already that's no problem either.

Edit: Oh, pardon my manners. Thanks for accepting me first of all  ;) Excited to meet you all.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:47:25 pm by Phoenixflame »

October 12, 2014, 07:45:20 pm
Reply #8

Offline RomeoMustDie

• Guild Member

• No Pain, No Gain .. !

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 07:45:20 pm »
Is there a time limit for the invite? I need to transfer realms from Die Aldor to Kazzak and would like to spend the first week of prepatch on Die Aldor.
If you want me to transfer this week already that's no problem either.

willkommen (and i know some other words like wundebah - thanks to VHS's)

i guess just come before WOD launch

October 12, 2014, 07:52:34 pm
Reply #9

Offline Sinafey

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 07:52:34 pm »
Yea no real rush, just yell when your have transferred.

October 12, 2014, 07:53:48 pm
Reply #10

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 07:53:48 pm »
Will do, see you soon!

October 13, 2014, 01:23:30 pm
Reply #11

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 01:23:30 pm »
This guy hangs out on IRC. The old guard approves.
Trolls are awesome!

October 14, 2014, 02:16:03 pm
Reply #12

Offline Auja

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 02:16:03 pm »
I know it is a bit late but i would like to know how you track your debuffs on your target? Couldn't figure out from your ui. Btw, whalecum to the guild :)
Manga freak, free spirit, deist, chain smoker, Activist and Protester, #occupygezi, 34 and still getting older! (Astrild)

October 14, 2014, 11:22:11 pm
Reply #13

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 11:22:11 pm »
All debuffs are above enemy nameplates. Relevant debuffs (such as Rend in 6.02) to track are displayed in Classtimer bars below the target frame (similarly, important buffs are Classtimer bars under the player frame). Things such as Deep Wounds are not really necessary to have displayed all the time imo.

October 20, 2014, 12:52:50 am
Reply #14

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 12:52:50 am »
A little update on when I'll be coming..

..The new pc I built costed a little more than anticipated, which leaves me a little short on money. Since transferring servers isn't free, I'll need one more week to get everything sorted out before I can join you. Hope that's not a problem.  :)

See you soon in Azeroth on Kazzak!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:20:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

143 Guests, 0 Users