Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

February 26, 2008, 10:23:42 am
Read 3802 times

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
« on: February 26, 2008, 10:23:42 am »
This has been around for some months, but I picked it up just this weekend. And it's damn good.

Basic idea is you choose a hero and navigate a small world map similar to the old Heroes of Might&Magic games doing quests/collecting treasure etc. But instead of the army-vs-army strategy minigame when you meet an enemy, you play a puzzle game against him: Match rows of 3 or more gems of the same color.

The clue is: You charge up your mana (4 kinds: blue, red, green, yellow) by matching gems of the appropriate color. Both your hero and the enemies have certain "spells" that require a mix of those mana reserves to cast. The combination of those spells make for very interesting "puzzle fights" as the enemies do indeed require slightly different tactics (preventing them from getting their major color mana, some inflict dmg whenever you cast a spell etc).

There are also other puzzle mini games that allow you to capture enemies, learn their spells, craft items to boost your stats etc.

Awesome game - if you like puzzle games, give it a try! It's available for almost every system: DS/PSP/PC/PS2/Xbox360. Think it's ~10 Euro on XBox Arcade.

Review: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=85024

February 26, 2008, 11:04:19 am
Reply #1

Offline Guanoape

• Guild Member

• I R BATCRAPMONKEY!

Re: Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 11:04:19 am »
Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I've been playing it for quite a while now on xbox360, but I'm getting really tired of all the random encounters (and I cba to level my mount so high that I can pass them). But overall it's a great game  :D

February 26, 2008, 11:32:45 am
Reply #2

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

Re: Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:32:45 am »
Yes I wondered about skipping the random mobs on roads, too. So far that option only popped up once during my ~20h playtime, I assumed I'd need a faster or flying mount. Usually I just take other routes if available.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:04:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

289 Guests, 1 User
Ripjoerogan