Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Cool Zombie Flash game

May 14, 2011, 08:31:58 pm
Read 3966 times

Offline Hugman

• Officer

Cool Zombie Flash game
« on: May 14, 2011, 08:31:58 pm »
So I was bored the other day, and found this:

http://www.zombiegames.net/games/Infectonator-World-Dominator.html

It is a brilliant Free flash game, that has kept me entertained for several hours.

The Concept is pretty simple, you are the zombie overlord, and are attempting to conquer the world by turning everyone one into a zombie. It has influences from other games, like: L4d, plants vs zombies, resident evil (you attack raccon city 8)), etc. Since it is world based, you get amusing national differences in the citizens in different countries (for example,while attacking South Africa, the citizens run around shouting "fooking hell!, Zombies!"). The Graphics are pretty basic, but very amusing, reminding me a lot of the old game "Cannon Fodder".

You start by infecting small African villages, and eventually move on to attacking massive cities like New York and Tokyo. The zombies you create from your infection, start really shitty, moving slow, lasting only a few seconds, paper tank durability, low chance of infecting others, etc; but can be upgraded, from this, to "28 days later" speed zombies, who are nigh un-killable, last ages, and constantly infect others.

On the flip side of that, the citizens of the cities/towns you attack, progress from harmless villagers to getto punks who pop a cap in your zombies, to cops, to fbi, untll they get to special ops status. This keeps the game difficulty balanced, as it starts slow paced, but as your zombies get upgraded, it gets more and more manic, while the cities get more and more well defend (I.E. ratio of normal citizens to "special" ones).

Also, there are "heroes", who act as mini bosses, you sometimes see. These include such people as: Rambo, Santa Claus, Ronald Mcdonald, etc. If you kill them, you unlock special zombies. For example, while attacking New York, my zombies were set upon, by no other than Spiderman (who is annoyingly hard to kill). After many failed attempts at taking New York, I eventually killed the web slinging bugger, and unlocked the "Venom" zombie.

Other such amusing unlockable zombies are: the Tank and Santa Boomer Zombies (similar to the LFD versions), Michael Jackson Zombie (like the Plants Vs Zombies version), and the "KFC Colonel" zombie.

It even has a built in, but somewhat limited (It didn't keep save when I restarted my comp) save game and load game function.

Anyway its good fun, and I recommend you give it a try.

P.s. After playing this game for a while, sometimes it gets laggy or slows down, just save your game, close the window it is in, and reload the game window and load your game.

May 14, 2011, 09:49:22 pm
Reply #1

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: Cool Zombie Flash game
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 09:49:22 pm »
Don't forget to vote!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 14, 2011, 10:33:11 pm
Reply #2

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 10:33:11 pm »
Welp

I dominated the world but took forever (184 days)... wanted to destroy every town before moving on!

Does become a bit easy a bit quickly though, got to the point where I just spammed everything I had in the centre of the map and watched as everything got mercilessly butchered and zombified in no time (though that was pretty fun too).

Really cool!

May 16, 2011, 01:26:01 pm
Reply #3

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 01:26:01 pm »
World dominated in 166 days! Second playthrough, also did all the other versions of the game quite a while ago.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:36:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

287 Guests, 0 Users