Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Your Sunwell predictions

December 08, 2007, 08:36:29 pm
Read 8362 times

forker

Your Sunwell predictions
« on: December 08, 2007, 08:36:29 pm »
I'd like to know what you think will be the last boss in Sunwell and some guesses who we might see there and such. Will we encounter Kael in some kind of demon form perhaps?
Will Kil'jaeden be there?
Who will drop the legendary bow?
Will Sunwell drop T7 or just t6,5 or maybe something completly new non-set?

Loads of questions and things that can be discussed around this instance.

I'm thinking that Kil'jaeden might be the last boss there and possibly that Sylvanas bow will be the legendary weapon? Not that I can in any way work out how he got it but I'd think her bow will be the legendary bow.

Blizzard said that they will use some of the silvermoon architecture but how much is unknown. I'm still hoping that they will use as little old models as possible when they make this instance (I can always hope, right?) as probably every boss will be something seen before in WoW.

December 08, 2007, 09:53:25 pm
Reply #1

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

Re: Your Sunwell predictions
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 09:53:25 pm »
kil'jaeden will be there prolly in a serverly weakened state or some sort of crap they pulled with raggy and C'thun and he will prolly drop the bow... though how he gets it would be a mistery

from what i've read there wont be a new Tier set dont know what will drop or if there will be a different type off set who knows
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

December 08, 2007, 10:38:26 pm
Reply #2

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 10:38:26 pm »
They've said it definitely wont be t7.  So I'm guessing some sort of t6.5 sidegrade.  Maybe ilvl 151 or 156 or there abouts.

As for bosses, I mentioned this in IRC the other week, but I think there might be a naaru there.  The silvermoon blood elves have captured one (m'oro or something) and are draining it's power.  That's how they created the blood knights (paladins).  So maybe Kil'jaeden has a similar sort of thing going on?
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

December 08, 2007, 10:41:54 pm
Reply #3

Offline Comrade Nox

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 10:41:54 pm »

This image file was found on the PTR recently.

Brutallus is a speculated boss for the Sunwell Plateau 25 man raid.

His model was found in the files of the PTR Patch 2.3 using WoW Model Viewer. It is thought that Blizzard may have made a mistake like when the skin of Kel'Thuzad was shown before the patch 1.9. As a pit lord boss might fit well with the environment of the instance, it is thought he will be a part of the Sunwell Plateau instance.

And I would also expect Kil'Jaeden http://www.wowwiki.com/Talk:Kil%27jaeden#Kil.27Jaeden.3F

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 10:43:47 pm by Noxiouz »

December 09, 2007, 12:55:18 pm
Reply #4

legintown

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 12:55:18 pm »
Well, I have a hard time understanding why or how we should reach the sunwell at all. Will we reach it before or after Arthas does, or will we help him reach the sunwell in some way maybe? If so, it would fit nicely that Sylvanas would be the defender of the sunwell and might drop the bow. As for the items, I dont think a new set will be available at all, as AQ 40 had a 5 piece tier 2.5 set apart from the normal 8 piece sets at the time, so i dont think there will be a 5 piece(or 3 >_<) tier 6.5. I think we will see lots of powerful weapons, trinkets(gief gruuls trinket deluxe!), jewelry of all sorts and other off-tier items.

December 09, 2007, 01:19:08 pm
Reply #5

forker

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 01:19:08 pm »
Well, I have a hard time understanding why or how we should reach the sunwell at all. Will we reach it before or after Arthas does, or will we help him reach the sunwell in some way maybe? If so, it would fit nicely that Sylvanas would be the defender of the sunwell and might drop the bow. As for the items, I dont think a new set will be available at all, as AQ 40 had a 5 piece tier 2.5 set apart from the normal 8 piece sets at the time, so i dont think there will be a 5 piece(or 3 >_<) tier 6.5. I think we will see lots of powerful weapons, trinkets(gief gruuls trinket deluxe!), jewelry of all sorts and other off-tier items.

It will not be a Caverns of Time instance which means it will be in the present. Now when the demons have taken over the place or something like that.

December 09, 2007, 01:47:31 pm
Reply #6

legintown

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 01:47:31 pm »
I see...then its still possible that Sylvanas bow would be available, I'm pretty sure Arthas didn't take it with him hehe

December 09, 2007, 02:25:50 pm
Reply #7

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 02:25:50 pm »
Personally I think that Kael'thas might end up doing a Majordomo in the Sunwell 25 man instance. We'll probably see several demonlike bosses all over, and lots of Blood Elves aswell. The theme of the instance is, after all, the Blood Elves using all their drained powers from Netherstorm in the Sunwell Plateau.

Wether we'll see some TK style BE bosses aswell, I have no clue.
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

December 09, 2007, 05:41:15 pm
Reply #8

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 05:41:15 pm »
Demonic blood elves, twisted and corrupted.

Emo kids will scream on forums for them to be playable.

December 09, 2007, 09:10:05 pm
Reply #9

Offline Awol

• Community Member

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 09:10:05 pm »
No Tier 7 indeed and some thing that is the boss over Kael'thas

and i dont think Blizzard would mind the killing of Kil'jeaden so that might be the end boss wich drops the magical Appel wich leads to a quest near the world tree that in the end forms a legendary bow  ;D

December 09, 2007, 11:53:11 pm
Reply #10

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 11:53:11 pm »
No Tier 7 indeed and some thing that is the boss over Kael'thas

and i dont think Blizzard would mind the killing of Kil'jeaden so that might be the end boss wich drops the magical Appel wich leads to a quest near the world tree that in the end forms a legendary bow  ;D

You're probably more likely onto something than you think - there is still 'present day' Hyjal, the one you enter via winterspring, content already in game but unused. You can tell it's present day because of Archimonde's bones hung on the tree.

December 13, 2007, 12:52:26 am
Reply #11

Inphy

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 12:52:26 am »
Alleria can not be found inside the stronghold, and, as Danath Trollbane tells her half-elven son Arator the Redeemer, her current status is unknown. However, with new raids and dungeons coming out such as Sunwell Plateau Raid, she may appear in the near or far future.

(Hi, im new here. I just read the post, and couldn't leave without replying).

Alleria windrunner magicly dissapeared into Outlands, going on a mission and never returned. So it could be possible that she's been captured, or anything like that, then turned into a hatefull creature which you have to kill to 10% and then she comes to her sences, or something. She looks like a good person to drop the bow atleast.

December 21, 2007, 09:15:40 am
Reply #12

Offline kagir

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 09:15:40 am »
* Sunwell Isle is a new zone, north of Silvermoon City

* The 5-man wing of the instances is called Magister's Terrace featuring normal and heroic difficulty

* The raid wing is called Sunwell Plateau, players can fight 6 raidbosses here and the one of the main stories of Burning Crusade continues here

* Outside the instances there will be lots of quests (daily quests too), wrapping up the story of Tempest Keep

* The questhub of the zone will be interactive, as players complete quests, the activity in the town will increase more and more, eventually growing into a big town, similar to how Silithus prepared for the Qiraji war, on a smaller scale though

* The quests and instances introduce a new faction called "Shattered Sun Offensive", the Aldors and Scryers unite under this name to stop Kael'thas from summoning Kil'Jaeden (upd)

* One of the bosses in the Magister's Terrace will be Kael'thas, whose story continues the Verdant Sphere quest. He'll have a large green crystal attached to his chest ^^

* Kil'jaeden will be featured in the 25-man instance, and the EPICness of the fight will be on par with Illidan's. There are 5 more bosses: Brutalicus, a pit lord; Kalecgos, the blue dragon from the Sunwell Trilogy (who is enslaved by Kil'jaeden); a Fel Dragon; female Eredar twins; and a Dark Naaru!

* The raidinstance is designed for players with Tier 6 equipment and it will be slightly more difficulty than Black Temple (upd)

* There won't be a Tier 7 raidset, however there are sets in the loottables (upd)

* The raidinstance doesn't have an attunement requirement, but players of the entire realm must complete a certain amount of daily quests on the Sunwell Isle, to unlock the last 3 bosses (upd)

* Patch 2.4 will raise the limit of daily quests from 10 to 25, to encourage more players to visit them regularly

* Lots of PVP balancing to come in the patch

* Blizzard has big plans to increase the e-sport acceptance of the Arena games

--

"similar to how Silithus prepared for the Qiraji war" .. oh god

December 21, 2007, 11:08:56 am
Reply #13

Auran

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 11:08:56 am »
"similar to how Silithus prepared for the Qiraji war" .. oh god

Which will take quite long if this sucky instance is made for Tier 6 players only with higher than BT difficulty. GL farming, IE... might even need to count on the casuals for this :D (i'll be more than willing to help ofc).

A.

December 21, 2007, 12:06:10 pm
Reply #14

Offline Warhoof

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 12:06:10 pm »
i'll be more than willing to help ofc)

Omg, Auran you still consider me a suck-up?  :-[
Tanking debate: stamina versus avoidance
Stamina --> You're a tank not some freakin balett dancer.

by Daimix

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:22:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

341 Guests, 0 Users