Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Ze Burning Crusade DRUID talents/spells are up!

September 26, 2006, 09:14:05 am
Read 14100 times

Offline Mutley

• Vendor Trash

September 26, 2006, 11:41:35 am
Reply #1

Offline Seraphyn

• Vendor Trash

Re: Ze Burning Crusade DRUID talents/spells are up!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 11:41:35 am »
We get a 41 talent which priests get as a base spell, gg. No word on moonkin melee swing reset on cast (which i would like to see removed, so that moonkin can actually do what it is designed for) Other balance talents are nice though.

Feral tanks are become more viable though, with Lacerate stacking up to 5 times, making for some nice aggro hold.

Tree form, to me, looks like a waste of a talent (as regrowth is too much of a mana drain, and it seems a bit of a waste to shapeshift, which costs mana to go spam a mana inefficient heal, at a slightly reduced mana cost), but we will have to see ingame to see what it is worth. Other resto talents are ok (though nothing spectecular), buffing rejuv was to be expected as HoT's are going to stack in BC.

September 26, 2006, 11:44:00 am
Reply #2

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 11:44:00 am »
plz....
You get cyclone....

Shaman are the only class now without a crowd control.
 And with Crowd Control i mean, not being able to use any spells or move when hit by that CC...

Where the hell is my earthquake spell... :)

September 26, 2006, 12:00:17 pm
Reply #3

Offline Seraphyn

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 12:00:17 pm »
Sure we get cyclone, and its awesome, but that doesnt mean the entire class is fixed as a whole.

September 26, 2006, 12:07:35 pm
Reply #4

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 12:07:35 pm »
you know NOTHING about the 41pt druid talent, like we priests know nothing about the shades we get. You have no idea what they hit for, what their hp is etc. so you can't possibly compare two spells neither of which you understand. We will have to wait and see.

To me it seems fairly clear now, that they're intending only one healing druid per raid (max 2) in the burning crusade (avg class spots = 3 per raid). The loltree ability allows that one druid to do what they do best, throw shitloads of HoT's, cause shamans/paladins/priests have better casting time heals anyway.

My guess is that we will see one feral druid and one healing druid per 25 man raid when the BC is out. It is likely that a third druid will be in the raid, and he will probably be either healing (not in loltree form) or moonkin. the loltree form seems really useful except for fights where you have to move around alot. Basically I think this will be the case with all the healing classes except priests. We will be seeing one pure healer and one off-spec per class (1 tanking paladin, 1 healing paladin. 1 dps-ing shaman, 1 healing shaman. 1 feral drood, 1 loltree). Then these classes will likely get a 3rd raidspot that might go to a healer or healing hybrid, depending on which one the raid needs. I do however predict that you will always see at least two healing priests in all raids, and very possibly a third healing priest.

EDIT: notice that druids will still be able to cast the new HoT in loltree form
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:11:56 pm by Palmar »
Trolls are awesome!

September 26, 2006, 12:25:53 pm
Reply #5

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 12:25:53 pm »
Well according to  worldofraids.com and curse gaming,  my 20! minute cooldown Earth Elemental hits for a wopping 130 melee dmg. Cant be controlled....
So how does that compare to crow form :D

Grass is always greener mkee :)

I think you have some nice abilities and alot of room for different specs it seems?

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:28:38 pm by Cwave »

September 26, 2006, 01:10:17 pm
Reply #6

Offline Seraphyn

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 01:10:17 pm »
I dont get the fuzz about crow form. Its just a new travel form, for 2 levels, then you have to use your mount anyways since it's 6 (nearly 7) times as fast. Sure it has some uses in PvP, but not so imba as people make it out to be (due to casting time).

Yes i know, the barov peasant caller talent doesnt have specs to it yet and we cant compare them as such, but it still feels like a filler talent.

As a whole, the druid class improved. Doesnt mean i have to go "OMG AWESOME" if there are still things that i feel need to be fixed.

September 26, 2006, 05:46:23 pm
Reply #7

Offline Mutley

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 05:46:23 pm »
From what i've been reading, a lot of people don't see a lot of reason to take more than 21 points in Resto when BC comes, theres some really nice talents in the Feral line, and some real improvements to Balance, and from reading a blue post on the US forums, the melee swing reset from moonkin form is being addressed, and the web preview is being rewritten to reflect this, as for Tree Form, i think it's a nice talent, but the movement restriction is too severe, and HoTs should become more useful now that they stack.

but as with all these new talents it's just speculation as to how they work until we get to play with them :)

September 26, 2006, 06:08:44 pm
Reply #8

Offline Mutley

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 06:08:44 pm »
Just saw this posted on the official Druid forums over at WoW-Europe

props to Ogham for the math :)

We've heard a couple things about this expansion.

A) We're getting a new HoT spell called Lifebloom:

Q u o t e:
    Heals the target for 273 over 7 sec. When Lifebloom completes its duration or is dispelled, the target is instantly healed for 600. This effect can stack up to 3 times on the same target.

B) Our HoT spells will get +healing equal to 25% of our total spirit while in "Tree form".

C) Our HoT spells cost less mana while in tree form

D) Our HoT spells will stack with other druid's HoT spells. (If I cast Rejuv, and another druid casts Rejuv, they'll both work and stack).

What does this all add up to? I believe the roll of healing druids in the expansion will become seperated from the priest role. I believe, in the expansion, that resto-druids will become more oriented (but not forced) into a role of HoT's over direct heals.

I also believe there will be several encounters that REQUIRE a large amount of healing over time. Why else would Blizzard be making such large changes to the mechanics of HoT's? Being able to stack them is MAJOR.

First, lets do some math. This math is based on level 60 versions of Rejuv/Regrowth with the Tree of Life talent. Please realize these numbers WILL be larger, assuming we get upgrades to these two spells in the expansion (Higher ranks). Assumed Spirit: 250. This ALSO assumes no other talents affecting Regrowth/Rejuv, and 0 +healing gear. I was too lazy to take all of that into account.

1) Rejuvination: 227 every 3 seconds for 12 seconds

2) Regrowth: 155 every 3 seconds for 21 seconds.

3) Lifebloom: Approximately 125 every 3 seconds for 7 seconds per cast, total possible: 375 every 3 seconds.

Total healing every 3 seconds: 757 health every 3 seconds.

Assume 3 druids in a raid, stacking the same group of HoT spells:

2271 health every 3 seconds.

You may be saying to yourself, "Gee, that does't sound like much, a single priest casting Greater Heal does 2000 health with a 3 second cast!". But the reason you say that is you are forgetting the initial heal that Regrowth gives. 3 druids intial heal of regrowth = approximately 3000 health. And don't forget the final heal of Lifebloom. 3 lifeblooms per druid will heal 1800 health after 7 seconds, and multiply that by 3 more druids and you have 5400 health.

All combined? You're talking 3000 initial heal, plus 2300 every 3 seconds, PLUS another 5400 every 7 seconds when Lifebloom wears off. AND: 4 out of 5 casts (3 lifebloom and 1 rejuv) are instant-cast. Regrowth is a 2 second cast time.

And thats with only level 60 versions of Regrowth/Rejuv.

These numbers ALSO ignore the possiblity of Critical Hits with spells, which is a VERY large amount due to the talent which increases the critical chance of Regrowth by 50%.

Still think this sucks? We won't really know for SURE until the expansion arrives, but personally, I'm VERY excited at the possibilities.

To conclude, I think that the major change to HoT mechanics will make them much more useful than their current incarnation. Priests will become the "Direct" healers, and druids will become the "Over Time" healers, this marks a distinct seperation of duties between the two classes. You can be CERTAIN that the expansion will have several encounters requiring very high Healing over Time abilities.

I'd post these in the Druid section but i don't have access so, nerrr and stuff

September 27, 2006, 02:17:39 pm
Reply #9

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 02:17:39 pm »
Feral tanks are become more viable though, with Lacerate stacking up to 5 times, making for some nice aggro hold.

I'm not gonna go into healing, since that's not what I do, but I will however comment on this one:

Currently, feral druids have absolutely NO problems with aggrobuilding on bosses, except if two out of your first three mauls get dodged/missed/parried, so I doubt lacerate will be THAT needed. I can imagine it boosting our aggro generation through the roof though, or at least in infinite rage situations. We will, however, not be getting ANY form of additional damage reduction, which is what worries me the most. Of course I will be able to get gear that gets me into skyhigh armor amounts in TBC, but I still think that in the long run, lack of parry/block could remain a problem.

That being said, there has been tremendous DPS boosts made for feral, with Imp. Leader of the Pack being incredibly awesome for dps groups now, Maim and a 41 point talent that will increase the DPS of our PvE finishing move by 25%. Add to this +25% strength in catform, +125% damage on crits instead of just 100%, plus 48 energy backstabs that build 2 combopoints when it crits and you might actually have some quite awesome DPS output. I for one will most likely go DPS feral from TBC and forward, being 11/50/0, whilst still being able to tank somewhat nicely without needing the +15% threat talent and the +10% armor talent.

So, DPZ CATLOL and EMRGNECY BAERTANK.
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:41:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

414 Guests, 0 Users