Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Favorite Dota Hero!

August 16, 2006, 01:51:30 am
Read 22589 times

Offline Olan

• Former Member

Favorite Dota Hero!
« on: August 16, 2006, 01:51:30 am »
So... Which hero is it?!? TELL ME NOW! I mean... Which is your choice hero? And if I may be so bold as to ask why you think (s)he is the chosen one! Finally, which items do you enjoy on this hero and which order do you pick your skills?

I guess I'll start us off with..:

Morphling!

A righteous hero that quickly adapts to fight the different types of heroes. A trooper to the end. The ability to walk around with 100 agility and 1 strength and quickly smack on some beefy hp when things looking grim. An enormously long ranged wave attack / blink that the morphling can use for fight or flight.

I'm used to 2 builds for Morphling, but I prefer the max agility one. Going for Power treads, (ring of health if the early game needs it) Heart of Tarasque, Satanic... and whatever room is left can be filled with whatever you're in the mood for  8)

Personally I max out waveform, then stat changing on the side and finally the adaptive strike. Even though the ultimate on Morphling is utter excrement I do pick it when it becomes avaliable... /sigh

Yay, post some stuff!

- Olan

August 16, 2006, 03:02:44 am
Reply #1

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
Re: Favorite Dota Hero!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 03:02:44 am »
Traxex fo sho, rapid range hero that makes money fast. I like it because of the silence ability and huge ranged dmg output when items are sorted. I always start with power treads and then yasha, after that i go for butterfly or windwalk item if things are messy. If game is long enough i always finnish with aegis and divine reaper.
Lately i enjoy -ar games more then -ap, when it comes to fun with u guys i would always go for -arem, that gives a chance to players with lower skill to learn more heros and a slight higher survivability against experienced players.

August 16, 2006, 04:29:56 am
Reply #2

Offline cobratix

• Former Member

• pokerface

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 04:29:56 am »
i love to play with Gondar <<Bounty Hunter>> ...he is awsome hero...have nice abilities..Shuriken,Jinada,Wind Walk and Track!.I almost always start with build 2 x Shuriken , 1x Jinada , 2x Wind Walk (u took on Level 1 shuriken ,Level 2 wind walk,Level 3 shuriken,Level 4 wind walk and then on Level 5 take Jinada) and normaly on Level 6 take Track (Tracks an enemy hero for 30 seconds or until it dies. You gain 20% movement speed increase. If you kill a hero, you pawn its head for extra money.).Then u can take random shuriken till Level 4 and then Jinada(because crit and dodge)..and after that upgrade wind walk and take crosses....ofcorse u take on 11lvl ultimate upgrade to reduce more armor and get more money :D

on start u buy maybe : " Ring of Regeneration,few Flask of Sapphire Water and Clarity Potion......or buy only potions & null talisman and w8 for bigger ring - Ring of Health -"....and after i get some money buy 2x Mithril Hammer = Stygian Desolator (then u rly smash:)...then u may go random items like Aegis of the Immortal + Divine Rapier,or Monkey King Bar.....
or go on start with Sange and Yasha(to stop ppl who run from u :D..then u go random ...
OR...TAKE SOME CRAZY ITEMS ---- if u see that enemy got a lot agi heros(because they r low on hp) u can go buy Dagon ...i have a little fun :D

gajaja: "Ja kad sam se ranije alkoholisao uvek sam sa sobom nosio otvarach za konzerve?"
Are you on crack?
emo (//_-)

August 16, 2006, 03:37:52 pm
Reply #3

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 03:37:52 pm »
I think the most pwnage hero is rooftrellen the big tree :)

He is really imba.

He has stealth and can cast stealth on other heroes.
He has sentry wards as a skill.

And he has an imba aoe stun that also does a lot of damage.

If u get a radiance and a refresher orb he can solo half an enemy team.

And btw I almost never do -ap games at all . I always host : dota -arem banlist dkhost :)

Bears like alts!

August 16, 2006, 04:47:32 pm
Reply #4

Offline Kragh

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 04:47:32 pm »
Ok lads, let me teach you about Warcraft, there is no allstars, there is only... only RoC DotA. I'd know, i'm PR0!!!

Anyway... my favourite hero in whatever DotA, is...

TADAAAAA

-random

August 16, 2006, 07:04:26 pm
Reply #5

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 07:04:26 pm »
hmm realy need to sort out this crap

seems like everytime i try to join a game in WC3 TfT (and prolly RoC) i get cockblocked and lose my connection

bah

incedentaly i never played DotA

allways played Enfo's or TD's
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

August 18, 2006, 02:37:53 am
Reply #6

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 02:37:53 am »
Anyone played good old DDay? I rocked in that. I had a clan, we played on some tournaments aswell...

August 18, 2006, 10:56:44 am
Reply #7

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 10:56:44 am »
Ah! Smor you hi-jacked my favorite hero :D Was the first one I picked, and originally thought she was crap, but learned of my foolishness later ^^

EDIT** This post has become a bit of a monster, so I've added formatting to at least make it easier to read..

Favorite hero
Drow Ranger is just easily favorite for me. Usually go items RoR, chicken, Bracer or Wraith Band, Wraith Band, Lothar's, Buriza. After that it's usually very late on in game. I'll maybe grab butterfly around then, or if I was really raking in cash, aegis/rapier O_o Lothar's is very important to me though.

Silence just owns, frost arrows own, TSA is... not so amazing XD and Marksmanship is actually underrated, great for farming last hits and possibly for denying :O

Second-to-favorite hero
Gotta be Azwraith, Phantom Lancer and lord of image spam! Manta Style poonage, ultimate pusher and imba escape artist. Give BoT and watch me push several lanes at once! :D The first hero I practiced lots on. Very weak early game, but at least he has spirit lance for a little harrassment since his lack of range :>

Other heroes I quite like:
Sand King, with blink dagger and epicenter <3 <3 <3 Plus Burrowstrike pwns, and caustic finale is imba farmage when you last hit. Sandstorm has saved me so many times too! Long time of invisibility and an AoE damage that people will want to avoid. Call in support, you've got plenty of time to do so ^^

Shendelzare, Spirit of Vengeance! Imba group buff and the most cruel ultimate, swap someone out of a lance from fog into the hills and a group of your allies for pure death! Ranged damage stun Magic Missile is pretty imba too! Especially if you swap someone right onto your tower and stun them there *evil grin*

Spirit Breaker! Ridiculous movement speed once you have BoT and Yasha/SnY, and then charge across map, then smack them with nether strike for more stun and large damage, and any bash knockback moves as well as his super duper speed increase aura... would love to have him paired with omniknight for degen aura and maybe sand king/pudge/earth shaker and AoE slaughter people... would be so cruel XD Stun, slow and mass damage enemies whilst speeding all your own up :]

Abaddon, Lord of Avernus (deathknight dude)! Imba tank, and broken survival skills like Aphotic shield and ofc borrowed time (5 second invincible which also makes damage vs. your shield heal you? Yes plixx!!) also great for supporting a push of course.

Pudge! AAHH, FRESH MEAT! If you use in a team with Shendelzare, you can even basically port someone into the middle of your base if you're feeling evil xD How cruel!

Yernero the JUGGERNAUGHT, BITCH! Healing ward is quite nice, and a rather good damager too ^^

Most annoying heroes for me
Really despise Furion. Those trees.. map wide damage... teleport haxx... ARGH what a pain in the ass. Want to stab him in the nostril, possibly wielding a rusty screwdriver or spoon.

Zeus. You know why.

Bloodseeker. Damn another pain in the ass.

Clinkz. He just feels rather cheap, somehow.

August 18, 2006, 08:20:24 pm
Reply #8

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 08:20:24 pm »
sry about that furion game :)

well i must say since abaddon has been changed he is not quite as imba as he was. Now Lina/lion and any1 with a lvl 4 dagon can kill him before his ulti starts. Just tried him for the first time since the change and was quite surprised.

I think riki or techies are the most annoying heroes, or perhaps nerubian with his manadrain+stun+stealth

Bears like alts!

August 20, 2006, 06:14:24 am
Reply #9

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 06:14:24 am »
Techies is most retarded thing i have ever seen, i played him once or twice and it was fun... first 15 minutes. After that its really dull, sneaking around and placing traps... and if u get near death u press I-WIN button to kill ur self and everything around u. Rikimaru is ok, yes stealth is imba, but he is really pain to lvlup and get cash. His dmg output untill level 12-15 is teh shite.

August 20, 2006, 02:23:34 pm
Reply #10

Offline Kragh

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 02:23:34 pm »
How many heroes are there in DotA: Allstars..?

Like... 40? I might have to start playin allstars... after all

August 20, 2006, 09:26:31 pm
Reply #11

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 09:26:31 pm »
There are around 70 heroes, 72 is exact number if I recall.

August 21, 2006, 08:29:48 pm
Reply #12

Offline Shapa

• Guild Member

• Sapa SMASH

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 08:29:48 pm »
Best option is -random ! more monay more wtfsapasmash!
but probably the best hero is terorblade :)

August 22, 2006, 01:14:42 pm
Reply #13

Offline Draggi

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 01:14:42 pm »
Well, mine is Sandking

Owww yeah, i just cant stop taking him.
Seeing all these random first time dota players go like - Where'd he go when i pop the sandstorm!
Or well, impale and use the ultimate after that, an instant killer if it works. Gosh, hes too imba.
Feeling bald?, want some bald fellas? Join club bald!
Whisper in game for the /Baldinvite kk?

August 22, 2006, 01:19:36 pm
Reply #14

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 01:19:36 pm »
I must admit I've been using the Sand King a lot recently too.

But being a newbie, I'm going to be a bit of a power gamer anyway, to get as much out of them as possible. So, sand king, perserverence, heart of tarasque, sange...

After that you can choose whatever you like - the 3000 hp is normally a bit of a problem for other heroes...

I had a couple of games with N'aix too. He seems fun, but quite easy to gang-rape in early-game.
Now I run a tech website.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:22:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

367 Guests, 1 User
Ripjoerogan