Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Favorite Dota Hero!

August 22, 2006, 01:56:09 pm
Reply #15

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

Re: Favorite Dota Hero!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 01:56:09 pm »
I Naix has always been incredibly imba lategame, when he passes lvl 16 he can 1v1 almost any hero, with any gear.

Crixalis is very nice too but he is easier to counter. stun heroes can stun before he finishs casting epicenter. So can any hero with monkey king bar with one single shot.
wards/gem and aoe pwns u if u use sandstorm.
Another great counter is nekromonikon, which can both take his relatively low amount of mana away and see through his sandstorm

Naix on the other hand: imba lifesteal, imba slow, imba bonus speed and spell immunity with low cooldown.

The only efficient counter lategame is uber amounts of ranged dps or mass cranium bashers, since bash is not counted as magic.

Bears like alts!

August 23, 2006, 12:30:01 pm
Reply #16

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 12:30:01 pm »
I've been trying some more heroes again recently :)

Tried out Omniknight, the loladin. He's kinda cool :D Degen aura is really nice when your team is wanting to kill a group of enemy heroes, and you run alongside them/a little bit ahead and keep them all slowed down to be easy meat ^^ Also works the other way, if a teammate is being chased, you heal your teammate and stand between them and the enemy, and the enemy will get slowed when they come near you or try to pass you :D

His ultimate is a lot of visual spam if you have lots in an area and it's cool to make your team's tank invulnerable to magic as well after, rawr. The heal being an AoE nuke is also very cool!

August 23, 2006, 12:57:37 pm
Reply #17

Offline Draggi

• Former Member

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 12:57:37 pm »
stun heroes can stun before he finishs casting epicenter. So can any hero with monkey king bar with one single shot.
wards/gem and aoe pwns u if u use sandstorm.
Another great counter is nekromonikon, which can both take his relatively low amount of mana away and see through his sandstorm

That is true, but on the other hand, impale stuns him wich makes him unable to stop my Epicenter. Epicenter even works if im dead and it got casted.

So basicially, Sandking > casters whit less than 1200 hp.
Feeling bald?, want some bald fellas? Join club bald!
Whisper in game for the /Baldinvite kk?

August 25, 2006, 09:57:10 pm
Reply #18

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 09:57:10 pm »
Well i still think that Traxex is imba in 5 vs 5 cause of easy grinding and range + slowing.
For not 10 player games i use spirit breaker, he is a real gank-artist.

September 07, 2006, 12:50:27 pm
Reply #19

Offline Zakk

• Guild Member

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 12:50:27 pm »
My favourtie hero is the Necrolyte purely because off his stupidly powerful farming ability (destroy a whole creep wave in a matter of seconds and stay on full mana and full health and get every singlekill) when paired with raidiance, and also the fact that if p[layed right he can be a very good nuker and when someone goes below 50% its bye bye for them with Reaper's Sycthe also the fact that his degen aura makes stre heroes damage pathetic and his AoE deathcoil which rocks.

Recently though i've been trying to learn how to play the Tinker because he is stupidly powerful when given teh right build and items. Because of his re-arm ability that refreshes item CD's and so means i can get perma-sheep with guinsoo's insta teleportz with Boots of Travel permanent images with manat style and permanant spell immuntiy with Linken's sphere, which means 1on1 if both heroes are pumped to max tinker will almost always come out on top because of his wide disable abilities and stuff(apart from he kinda sucks agaisnt the silencer as the silencer is very annoying and stupidly powerful against any heroes that require abilities/spells of any kind -.-)
url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]

September 10, 2006, 03:01:11 am
Reply #20

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 03:01:11 am »
Well, mine is Sandking

Owww yeah, i just cant stop taking him.
Seeing all these random first time dota players go like - Where'd he go when i pop the sandstorm!
Or well, impale and use the ultimate after that, an instant killer if it works. Gosh, hes too imba.

Fucken rocks, can flee, good grinding abilities and does loads of damag + pretty good HP. Hell yeah that's my favourite one ^^
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

September 10, 2006, 07:00:49 am
Reply #21

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 07:00:49 am »
I tried some more heroes :)

Chen the Holy Knight is just a kick ass support character, especially when you get him mekansm, bassil ring and refresher orb. With Mekansm, you have 2 activatable heals for your team, one AoE and another Mapwide. If your allies need to go back to base, you can teleport them as well. You can also debuff an enemy to take 28% more damage and also be slowed down. You don't have any real escape mechanism, but you can make a really big difference to your team.

Also kinda fun is brood mother, with ranged 300 damage nuke, invisibility and regen and truesight in webs, as well as an imba orb effect as a skill. Insatiable hunger is kinda sick too, 90 bonus damage and a 60% (!) lifesteal, you can really hammer people into the ground AND it's on a low cooldown. The fact that your webs give you truesight is really good, since then even sentry wards won't work since you'll be able to see and destroy them :)

September 10, 2006, 06:40:18 pm
Reply #22

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2006, 06:40:18 pm »
kawe If u want to use chens full potential use his "mind control"

He can mind control several neutral creeps with both slow,stun and aoe damage.

If u can micro manage chen with creeps u will pwn all.

Good chen players can be almost unstoppable, but it requires a lot of skill.

Bears like alts!

September 12, 2006, 09:24:47 am
Reply #23

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 09:24:47 am »
Hehe, that reminds me, when I mind controlled tree creeps, they had night elf female voices, the moon rider ones, and the archers.. I can't remember.

I didn't know the creeps had AoE damage :O How do you make them do that?

September 13, 2006, 08:25:33 am
Reply #24

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 08:25:33 am »
My favorite hero after an amazing amount of games(2) is the SNIPER DWARF! That's my kinda guy, nopt too hard to play and can finish off people easily. I actually managed to kill a few in my second game with that! /love Oldie<3 :D

September 13, 2006, 03:00:05 pm
Reply #25

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 03:00:05 pm »
One of the satyrs has an "aoe damage" like magnus aoe like cone of cold in wow.

Bears like alts!

September 16, 2006, 08:15:32 pm
Reply #26

Offline Zakk

• Guild Member

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 08:15:32 pm »
I hate mircomanaging, i don't have the keyboard skills for it :(, although i've never ever seen anyone play Chen well apart from KAwe who played him ok and killed me a few timez

October 03, 2006, 01:10:11 pm
Reply #27

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2006, 01:10:11 pm »
I think I could find a nice replay of a Chen thats pwns my team almost solo. I save replays of most of my games.
Ill try to find it and post it here.

Bears like alts!

October 05, 2006, 08:55:52 pm
Reply #28

Offline Olan

• Former Member

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 08:55:52 pm »
Here is my updated statement:

Tiny joins the hall of fame, there is just no stopping him!

Untouchable rock giant

- Olan

October 12, 2006, 08:48:17 pm
Reply #29

Offline Zakk

• Guild Member

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 08:48:17 pm »
IT might be cool if people posted replays of you destroying with characters/getting destroyed (if you have some that is).

I'll try to upload my one with 15kills to 3 deaths on Sylla bear at liek level18!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:34:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

246 Guests, 1 User
Oni