Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Roheals

July 13, 2019, 10:20:51 pm
Read 2217 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Roheals
« on: July 13, 2019, 10:20:51 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Roheals
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Roheals/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hi, I'm Carl. Ingame people know me as Roh. I'm 32yo (so old). I'm from Belgium, but due to my job I split my time between Belgium and Poland. I live about 1 week a month in Belgium, the other time in Poland. Visiting our plant in Germany in between every so often. As you can imagine this means travelling quite a bit, which limits my options in raiding days. I found your weekend team, and think it's a great setup, I can make sundays about 95% of the year. (about 3 times a year, I need to travel weekends for management seminars)

Class/Spec:

As you can imagine from the name of my char, I have played healer heavily. In fact I started playing Resto Sham in Vanilla, and have mained a healer just about every expansion, except Wotlk (Cat druid with the armor pen was too much fun ^^). I played Resto Sham Vanilla/TBC. Played Holy/Disc priest in Cata, Holy Pally in MoP till the passive nerf, switch to MW Monk, didn't play in WoD and came back in Legion and played Resto Druid all expansion. For BFA I started as MW Monk, but switched to Disc Priest in Uldir due to raid setup needing it in my old guild.

As of late I've switched to play Shadow on my priest and really loving it. I have played damage specs in between over the expansions, especially on alts and would love to stay Shadow, but I'm flexible. My priest is 416 ilvl for both Shadow and Disc.

For Shadow, the biggest thing is to manage Insanity during Voidform, in order to stack the haste as high as possible. The new essence choices like Memory of Lucid Dreams, will make this juggle even better. On top of the personal juggle however, still need to time this voidform stacking to the right boss phase, to make sure you are doing the damage as the boss fight needs it.

For Disc, the spec changed so many times over the expansions, I had to relearn in BFA. The juggling of keeping up atonement with a balanced use of Shield / Shadow Mend and timing a peak coverage for big AOE damage phases in boss fights I find is the biggest thing to learn to have the biggest impact on boss fights.

Alts:

During Legion I leveled and played all 12 classes, unlocking all 36 Hidden Artifact appearances, and all 36 Mage Tower Artifact appearances. However, for now in BFA, I only leveled 4 chars (give me that flying back). Apart from my Priest, I have a monk Brohfist, that I started BFA with. It has fallen behind in gear however, since I haven't played it since Uldir. 378 ilvl

I have a sham Rohendar, which is my original Vanilla char, that I level every expansion to keep doing reps on. (100 reps ach unlocked all on 1 char). I just have starting gear on this one 371 ilvl. I have a druid, but it literally has no gear, I just use it to herb/mine for now.

Professions:

My priest has Tailoring/Jewelcrafting. Tailoring because it allows me to craft some early offset slots with the correct stats. Usually there is at least 1 slot between gloves/legs that doesn't have Haste on raid gear, and the crafting allows for flexibility.

The Jewelcrafting I switched to for BoD, because the ring gives a garantueed gem socket, and again allows me to go after haste, because 2 rings from raid with haste is not garantueed. Although at 300k gold it wasn't cheap to get.

Raiding Experience:

I started all the way in Vanilla as a Resto Sham. I was very new to MMOs and didn't get further than first few bosses in BWL. In TBC, I pushed to do full time raiding, getting all the way to Mother Sharaz halfway through the expansion as Enh Sham. With my guild disbanding, being on a very low pop realm, raids being locked behind attunements, and much less catch up gear, meant I restarted from start of BT/Hyjal again with new guild as Resto Sham. Finished the expansion with BT cleared and 2 bosses down in Sunwell.

Wotlk I did everything except Lich King 25hc. Our GM at the time split with his GF, and decided mining ore to impress the new girl we had on trial was more important than push LK hc. I still curse him to this day! It doesn't help my guild did Alone in The Darkness realm first, on the 1 sunday in 2 years I didn't raid.

Cata, I only played first tier as Holy/Disc priest. I had a work project at the time that required me to travel about 3.5h a day, keeping up weekday raiding was not possible. I came back start of MoP and rebuilt with friends a 10man raiding team. Over time we got to do SoO mythic full clear, farming the mount of Garrosh for about 20 people. I played Holy Pally all the way to ToT, the mastery absorb shield OPOP, for SoO I switched to MW monk.

WoD was a mess, and I quit after first tier. Came back with Legion, but by now my job had become even more demanding and I played Heroic only guild till ToS, we expanded to Mythic with the same team I built during MoP. We eventually did half of ToS and half of Antorus on Mythic.

For BFA, with the same team, we built even further to push as much Mythic as possible on only 2 raid days a week. We only raided 5.5 hours a week, but still managed to do 7/8 in Uldir Mythic. We had about the same goal to do 8/9 BoD, on our short raid schedule, but had to call it quits after 5/9. BoD was an endless slog of people leaving because they got bored with the game. In the end, our team wasn't able to sustain, and I needed a few months breather from running the guild.

I have been an officer in the guilds I've played in, all the way from TBC, putting in time and effort not just for me, but for the benefit of the group.

Previous Guilds:

The guild I mentioned in previous raiding experience is called Leap and Rend. It was born end of Cata, with friends from our old realm Bronze Dragonflight. A bunch of us traded the low pop realm for Kazzak and have since played together ever since. Start of WoD and Legion I was in a few others, until I returned to Leap and Rend.

The guild stopped raiding at 5/9 in BoD, as previously mentioned due to not being able to replace 5 people a week. 2 of the other officers found it too much work to keep up and left for a higher progress raiding guild, leaving us hanging. The GM and I decided we needed a break, to find the fun again we want to have from the game.

Now I'm looking for a new family tbh.

Availability:

In general I play the game every day I have time. I have a normal 8-17h work day, but due to the travelling, week raid days are difficult for me. I can consistently attend sunday however no problem.

Communication:

I haven't used Teamspeak in ages, but I think I'll manage to install it again :) I do speak quite freely. I work in a foreign country, I used English as my daily language, although my mother tongue is Dutch.

Computer / Connection:

I have top end computers in both my house in Poland and my appartment in Belgium. Belgium has very stable 18ms 200MB/S line. My connection in Poland is only a 30MB/S line, that runs at 40ms, but is very stable. They promised fiber, but it's always soon, soon /cry

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/a/yGoX90e

I use ElvUI as basis of the UI. I've enabled my raid frames so you can see my setup. My frames are in that position because I've setup my UI to work for healers. The action bars at the bottom show also the keybinds. In general I have those action bars hidden however. I have TellMeWhen setup above the raid frames to give me all the info I need. It keeps my eyes in the middle of my screen, together with the frames, instead of pulling my sight down the screen.

Other than that I run the standard raid addons like DBM, WA2 for the M+/Raid specific weakauras etc.

Other Games:

Other than WoW, I usually play Action RPGs, like Diablo and more recently quite a bit of Path of Exile. Other than games I read quite a lot I guess, travelling gives me the time to do that.

Why Iron Edge?

First of all I'm looking for a new friends/family group I guess. I had been playing the game with a group of people I knew all the way from WotLK, building raid team during MoP, Legion and BFA. It's sad to have that group being split all over the place because we couldn't keep the raiding steady. But people have different expectation. Between jobs/kids etc a bunch of us decided to only do Heroic raiding.

In terms of raiding, I'm looking a for a team that doesn't do a lot of days, but the time they do raid, is spent focussed and efficiently. I believe a lot of progress can be achieved in less time by having a team of more mature people that focus on it. I talked to Xormn previously on Discord and the way he described the team and the setup, is what I am looking for.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer myself. It will have to be free of charge, because I'm no ho. I would like to think I'm a friendly, loyal person who is already wondering where the guild meetup will be next year.

I'm a veteran raider, that can put in focus and effort. I'm very much a group oriented person, doing my role for the team.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Found you on wowprogress

Last Words?

If I typed too much so far, I'm sorry.

July 13, 2019, 11:38:46 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Roheals
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 11:38:46 pm »
Hey there!

I'm happy you applied. A shadow priest is something we'd really like to have in the Weekend Raid.

You are aware that we're not sticking to heroic raiding, right? We push as much as possible in mythic, with the time we've set for ourselves.

On a last note: there is no such thing as typing too much in an app. Unless you PASTE too much.
Ba dun tss!

July 13, 2019, 11:42:13 pm
Reply #2

Offline Roh

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 11:42:13 pm »
Hi Xormn,

yes I do understand you are pushing mythic, and it's exactly what I'm looking for.
Hence I'm applying here, instead of following my old guildies

July 14, 2019, 12:16:54 pm
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 12:16:54 pm »
Hello again.

I only wanted to make sure :)
Although we take up to 48h to accept new trials, seeing how the raid is tonight, I'd like you to join our first run as a trial.

Please poke any officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

July 14, 2019, 12:33:56 pm
Reply #4

Offline Roh

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 12:33:56 pm »
Hi,

Thanks a lot, will do :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:44:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

74 Guests, 1 User
Vejeta