Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Star Wars: The Old Republic release date announced!

November 15, 2011, 12:02:21 pm
Reply #45

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic release date announced!
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2011, 12:02:21 pm »
Thanks for that Goza, this just reaferms my dession that TOR looks very generic, and if you want to play a mmo thats not WOW, try WildStar. Looks much more orignal and challenging.
are you sure tour not a dev for wildstar? I mean Holy fuck every time a mmo comes up you mention that thing which to be honest doesn't really look that good, Guild Wars 2 on the other hand ( slighly ironic I know )
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

November 15, 2011, 12:47:29 pm
Reply #46

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2011, 12:47:29 pm »
hehhe im just excited about it. Breath of fresh air in the mmo stank.
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

November 15, 2011, 01:28:03 pm
Reply #47

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2011, 01:28:03 pm »
It seems betakeys are up for grabs from curse.com

I just took mine, http://www.curse.com/betas/swtor-eu

Bears like alts!

November 15, 2011, 02:18:20 pm
Reply #48

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2011, 02:18:20 pm »
It seems betakeys are up for grabs from curse.com

I just took mine, http://www.curse.com/betas/swtor-eu

Yeah but i havent gotten a mail or anything yet Graxlos, i did that this morning.

November 15, 2011, 02:21:29 pm
Reply #49

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2011, 02:21:29 pm »
Their site is currently down, they say that they will be sending them later.

Bears like alts!

November 15, 2011, 06:27:47 pm
Reply #50

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2011, 06:27:47 pm »
I got an email saying I got into a beta weekend thing, for one 'soon', maybe next weekend? Either way, while I'm kinda not that excited at all about this game anymore, I might give it a go, and will stream if I do.

November 29, 2011, 08:46:10 am
Reply #51

Offline Jazzba

• Former Member

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:10 am »
I've been playing the BETA for the last few days, leveling a Smuggler on the Galactic Republic side.

I'm loving absolutely everything about this game, the storyline is awesome, graphics are insanely good for an MMO and all in all I feel very, very satisfied with the game, and will definitely play it hard-core once the official release is up.  ;D

November 29, 2011, 10:50:00 am
Reply #52

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2011, 10:50:00 am »
Pretty funny how differently people can perceive this game.

WHen you say insane graphics compared to MMO's, do you then mean compared to WOWs ancient engine and graphics?

Or stuff like Everquest, Guild wars, Age of Conan, Rift or Warhammer?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:53:38 am by graxlos »

Bears like alts!

November 29, 2011, 11:51:05 am
Reply #53

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 11:51:05 am »
Awesome graphics ? Where ?

November 29, 2011, 11:54:50 am
Reply #54

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 11:54:50 am »
Oh boy thinking those are great graphics... You should look at guild wars 2 and then tell me that ToR has good graphics

I mean wow has better graphics
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

November 29, 2011, 12:15:56 pm
Reply #55

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2011, 12:15:56 pm »
Oh boy thinking those are great graphics... You should look at guild wars 2 and then tell me that ToR has good graphics

I mean wow has better graphics

Exactly, WoW has better graphics.

November 29, 2011, 12:18:24 pm
Reply #56

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2011, 12:18:24 pm »
So, many of you been playing over the weekend Beta Stress Test? I did and here are some of my unorganized and unedited thoughts on it. I'd like to know what you guys think and if any of you are gonna play it.

After playing it through the weekend, I have to say that despite the many flaws I found it surprisingly fun.
The controls/animations worked in a way that made PvP clunky, and the GCD is slow and as Goza pointed out there is some sort of hidden system in which you queue up spells which "just works", which needless to say is incredibly stupid. Spells with cast times are often hard to get off because of all the stuns and push/pulls in the game, and there are no Diminishing Returns on stuns which makes it very easy to get zerged down if you meet more than one person.

One thing that I found to my liking however, is that for Warzones they have a system called "Bolstering". Bolstering ensures that any other player in a Warzone will only ever be 20% more powerful than you, even if he's 15 levels higher. The way it works is that the stats of the lower levelled/geared people are buffed up to a level closer to the higher levelled/geared people. Some might dislike this, but those people are fucktards.

I played a Sith Inquisitor as well (yay Goza), got to level 22 and specced into the Sorceror advanced class which honestly felt very OP, but then again PvP balance is probably WAY off at the moment.

I don't agree with Goza on the UI at all, I found it intuitive and easy to use. Some minor issues like being unable to select enemy NPCs by Tab targetting and other silly things like that annoyed the hell out of me though.

Warzones weren't bad at all. I even found Huttball to my liking, which I thought I would hate. Warzones have a kind of reward system for doing the right things like defending, healing, doing a lot of damage and things like that. Obviously that can be abused, but if they make it fool-proof and improve it a bit it could be very rewarding I think. MVP which stands for Most Valuable Player allows you to vote for a person on your team(I often wanted to vote on a person on the other team) who you think was the MVP, which is cool too I guess, but often fails due to being subjected to the moronic majority.

TL;DR The game is good in general, but lacks fluidity -- especially in PvP.

Attachment is me owning it up in a Warzone!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:21:39 pm by Decay »
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

November 29, 2011, 12:20:44 pm
Reply #57

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2011, 12:20:44 pm »

One thing that I found to my liking however, is that for Warzones they have a system called "Bolstering". Bolstering ensures that any other player in a Warzone will only ever be 20% more powerful than you, even if he's 15 levels higher. The way it works is that the stats of the lower levelled/geared people are buffed up to a level closer to the higher levelled/geared people. Some might dislike this, but those people are fucktards.

One bad thing there tho is you lack the higher lvl skills that the other players have, even if you have same HP he has cooler attacks :D

November 29, 2011, 12:22:41 pm
Reply #58

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:41 pm »

One bad thing there tho is you lack the higher lvl skills that the other players have, even if you have same HP he has cooler attacks :D
True, but at least you won't get oneshot then, and it makes it all the more rewarding when you own his ass, even without the spells :P
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

November 29, 2011, 12:23:58 pm
Reply #59

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2011, 12:23:58 pm »

True, but at least you won't get oneshot then, and it makes it all the more rewarding when you own his ass, even without the spells :P

Idd :D

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:39:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

316 Guests, 1 User
Tyssar