Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -

October 19, 2016, 12:21:20 pm
Reply #240

Offline Fulskar

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -
« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2016, 12:21:20 pm »
The Mafia killed Hugman? I thought that'd be the obvious doctor save? Guess the mafia couldn't risk it even if the doctor save was on Hugman he'd probably be gone next round. So even if he had outed himself his life expectancy would only be 1/2 rounds at best, it would have been good to have him around though. I'm going to re-read Hugmans posts in more depth to see if there's anything in there as to who the next lynch might be well placed on. Well played Hugman though, hats off.

Still thinking a vote on Phoenix at this stage.

Why do you think he's the doctor Archz? Was your suggestion to lynch Hugman (before he died obviously) serious? You never answered that question and your reasoning for it.

October 19, 2016, 12:22:39 pm
Reply #241

Offline Fulskar

• Guild Member

« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2016, 12:22:39 pm »
Inexcitus: Talking about quietness. Still prime suspect material in my opinion, what does the rest think? He seems to have been cleared of most suspicions, I'm curious why.

I'm pretty active pal, what forum are you reading?

October 19, 2016, 12:26:33 pm
Reply #242

Offline Fulskar

• Guild Member

« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2016, 12:26:33 pm »
Also: Prime suspect what do the rest think? Please give a conclusive argument as to why people should vote to lynch me. Happy to hear it. Could you also along with that give a good one as to why you're innocent?

I want to use my vote well today, if you're town I don't want to waste it, persuade me.

You did switch from voting on Mouseh to Rash, that's the only positive thing I can see from your end.

But maybe you knew Rash was done for and wanted to save your ass the next day maybe because you're the Godfather?

October 19, 2016, 12:54:39 pm
Reply #243

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2016, 12:54:39 pm »
Why the hell wouldn't I switch my vote to rash? All arguments and suspicions aside, switching my vote to him saved my life unless two others switched to me. Not voting for him would have been dumb no matter what my or his role is.
But yeah I'm obviously mafia because I go for a target that I find probable with nobody else that wants to join me. Clear mafia play wasting my vote on someone i suspect instead of trying to vote for a townie that has more votes than just my own.

October 19, 2016, 01:01:18 pm
Reply #244

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2016, 01:01:18 pm »
Inexcitus: Talking about quietness. Still prime suspect material in my opinion, what does the rest think? He seems to have been cleared of most suspicions, I'm curious why.

Inexcitus is your prime suspect? Really? And then you wonder why I'm calling you out.. I don't have some grand scheme against you, my posts were only reaction to your illogical actions. If you are really a townie, then you are playing it badly i would say. Most of your  posts are just screaming "I'm mafia" to me. But when you further think about it thats exactly what mafia wouldn't do, if they play smart. So you badly playing either mafia or town. And if smth doesn't change soon thats what going to get you killed.

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

October 19, 2016, 01:05:22 pm
Reply #245

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2016, 01:05:22 pm »
Complete non-answer. I am wondering why you guys dropped him as a suspect, I legitimately do. Please give me arguments as to why he isn't mafia and I'll gladly reconsider if it's convincing.

October 19, 2016, 01:09:30 pm
Reply #246

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2016, 01:09:30 pm »
Oh, and for the record: My prime suspect is still you. Ever since the start all you have done here is try and get me killed. I'm not surprised you don't come with an argument for Kili being townie but just want to paint me as a bad player, no matter my faction. I'm done replying to that bullshit so make a good case or I won't bother.

October 19, 2016, 01:10:16 pm
Reply #247

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2016, 01:10:16 pm »
I didn't want to repeat myself, but ok. Inexcitus dropped down on my suspect list as he was going to be lynched day1. Everybody thought so until the actual lynch when Cwave informed us about the new rule. Would mafia really allow that they lose 1 of their 3 on FIRST day? I didn't see any efforts of them trying to prevent it. I can look over again that situation but i think its clear.

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

October 19, 2016, 01:15:30 pm
Reply #248

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2016, 01:15:30 pm »
Oh, and for the record: My prime suspect is still you. Ever since the start all you have done here is try and get me killed. I'm not surprised you don't come with an argument for Kili being townie but just want to paint me as a bad player, no matter my faction. I'm done replying to that bullshit so make a good case or I won't bother.

Its OK if you suspect me, just make a good case and present it to others. I wish you good luck.
I didn't "come" with argument for kili being townie, argument is there within the actions/events, just need to look. I'll admit I can't be 100% sure but in MY list he went to bottom after day1. And you mentioned me first in your post so I was replying to your BS, not you mine.  ;D

Bender, Futurama

October 19, 2016, 01:19:04 pm
Reply #249

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2016, 01:19:04 pm »
I'm pretty active pal, what forum are you reading?

You made one post on day 2, preventing your modkill.

I didn't want to repeat myself, but ok. Inexcitus dropped down on my suspect list as he was going to be lynched day1. Everybody thought so until the actual lynch when Cwave informed us about the new rule. Would mafia really allow that they lose 1 of their 3 on FIRST day? I didn't see any efforts of them trying to prevent it. I can look over again that situation but i think its clear.

Well that's a good argument. I don't know why the mafia would sacrifice Kili on the first day. On the other hand, they could have inquired it privately and decided not to do anything about it as long as Shimmar doesn't post. That seems very unlikely though since they'd basically out themselves with that in case Shimmar does post and they had to switch votes. In that case there's not really much going for Kili so I retract my statement about him being prime suspect material.

October 19, 2016, 01:27:20 pm
Reply #250

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2016, 01:27:20 pm »
I don't know why the mafia would sacrifice Kili on the first day. On the other hand, they could have inquired it privately and decided not to do anything about it as long as Shimmar doesn't post.

Yes, that doesn't make any sense. Both Kili and Shimmar had 3 votes but Kili got there first so he was going to be lynched. If only one mafia added his vote to Shimmar, Kili would be saved (amusing all 3 mafia votes weren't on Shimmar already, but that would be stupid of them).

Bender, Futurama

October 19, 2016, 01:28:52 pm
Reply #251

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2016, 01:28:52 pm »
typo: amusing* > assuming

Bender, Futurama

October 19, 2016, 01:38:14 pm
Reply #252

Offline Fulskar

• Guild Member

« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2016, 01:38:14 pm »
Phoenix, the argument that Mouseh has put forward has been made several times, by various people including myself. Are you reading all the posts?

Even if you didn't switch your vote, Rash was the first to receive a third vote, going by the rules, had it been a tie, he would still have been lynched. Moving your vote would be a good way to show you're a townie under the guise of actually being the Godfather and deciding that if anyone is to be sacrificed it's the Roleblocker. That's now my main reason for suspecting you.

I didn't post to prevent being mod killed, I made a post where I stated my thoughts and my stance clearly.

October 19, 2016, 01:49:50 pm
Reply #253

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2016, 01:49:50 pm »
I didn't post to prevent being mod killed, I made a post where I stated my thoughts and my stance clearly.

Sorry if that phrasing was bad, I meant that one post you made prevented you from being modkilled. That you didn't do it just to prevent your modkill should be obvious by its effort.

Even if you didn't switch your vote, Rash was the first to receive a third vote, going by the rules, had it been a tie, he would still have been lynched. Moving your vote would be a good way to show you're a townie under the guise of actually being the Godfather and deciding that if anyone is to be sacrificed it's the Roleblocker. That's now my main reason for suspecting you.

Oh shit, I didn't see that (wow, how believable!). Originally I only counted two votes for myself and three for rash and thought I was safe. When I saw your vote I thought I was done for so I switched my vote to "save my life" as said in the post I made when switching my vote.
But my mistake doesn't really matter, even if I was aware about rash getting the three votes first I'd still have switched my vote, purely to be on the safe side. It doesn't matter if I am a townie or part of the mafia and it doesn't matter if rash is a townie or part of the mafia, if it's gonna be another guy or me, you're damn right I'll make sure it's another guy. Any day, as any role, in any game of mafia. If me caring about staying alive makes me suspicious, I have no idea what I could prove to you.

October 19, 2016, 02:05:55 pm
Reply #254

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2016, 02:05:55 pm »
Christ, one busy day at work and I have 6 pages of posts to catch up on! I'm glad the activity level is skyrocketing, sorry for my inactivity so far today.

Gaeios and Grilly both make good analitical post, but day2 they vote on random ppl that has no practical chance to get lynched nor do they push their suspect foward when they notice others aren't joining in their vote. In other words fairly safe play for a mafia and not effective play for a townie.

My day 2 vote was cast to Hugman in order to see if someone would jump on the wagon there. It was the second vote of the day IIRC, the first one being Yoica's vote onto Phoenix. As I have stated before, I was pretty convinced that either Hug or Phoenix were mafia, so I decided to see if someone would suddenly start trying to push either one as that would have indicated mafia.

I did also voice my concerns of how it would make me look if I changed my vote to Rash and he turned out to be town, which is why I was sitting on the fence on that one.

Also, I did miss the initial point of why Inexcitus seems green after the day 1 attempted lynch, but I've caught on now since I re-read your explainations that ultimately resulted in you calling me a stupid player. (Which is fine, as I don't have much experience with mafia)

As for Phoenix, he is still having a go at Inexcitus. Either that's because he's a player on my own level, or he is trying to re-kindle the suspicions. With mainly 3 people going for Phoenix at the moment (Grax, Yoica, Mouseh) I would normally be happy to join the lynch on him, but if this lynch is constructed by the mafia with the help of unaware townies, it can go south very quickly. If he turns out red it's a huge win for us (Which also largely clears any suspicion towards these 3 players), and if he turns out green we know which 3 people to look into first after the hanging.

Let me describe a scenario:
Phoenixflame turns out red. Then there is one mafia remaining, and 4 people that most likely are green. (Inexcitus, Grax, Yoica, Mouseh). That leaves 3 people as main suspects (Archz, Vorte, Grilly). Then you can lynch the remaining suspects until you find the red one, as I am assuming I am still part of the victory even though I'm dead! I can promise you that I will follow your bandwagon at this point to make sure we outnumber the final red player till the end.

On the other hand:
Phoenixflame turns out green. Then there are two mafia remaining, and we have a shortlist of 3 people to look at the way I see it. (Mouseh, Yoica, Grax). This is undoubtedly a more risky scenario, as none of the remaining 4 players are really cleared of any suspicions (Except Inexcitus due to the day 1 lynch). It could be that the mafia struck gold and only had to push for a Phoenix lynch with a single player because two townies were already suspecting him. We do get some information, but not enough to guarantee a victory.

Basically, if Phoenix turns out green and there is only 1 mafia among the 3 players that pushed for him, we are screwed going forward unless we get some really obvious tells.

I will have to re-read most of the thread to try and convince myself whether voting for Phoenix is a good call or not, but as it stands now I am leaning more towards Phoenix + Archz/Vorte being mafia than any other combination.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:47:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

225 Guests, 1 User
Shimmar