Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - BrÍnk

October 09, 2021, 09:55:30 pm
Read 1662 times

Applicant

Social Application - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - BrÍnk
« on: October 09, 2021, 09:55:30 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: BrÍnk
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Br%C3%8Dnk
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Hi there,

My name is Nathan and I'm a freelancer webdesigner.
Im half english and half dutch live in the Netherlands and I'm in my lower 40's :)
I have played WoW since TBC and raided almost all raids in every expansion.
(Except Vanilla)

Class/Spec:

I moved to Kazzak this week as our Realm Defias Brotherhood had not much life to it anymore.
Before coming here I had to make a hard choice, what character do I take, as you probable aware its pretty expensive to transfer + faction change, so I could only take one.
So I decied to take my Warrior because I love Dpsing on it and having the flexibility to tank if needed.

I mostly love Fury because of its fast rotation and it helps that it is performing above average at the moment. No one likes to play the botton dps spec and in that way I am kind of a dps ****
and I will play what spec is most viable if it will crank up my numbers.

But between arms and fury, I prefer Fury because of its rotation and who doesnt love to dual weald double 2 handers! They just look so awesome!

Alts:

On kazzak I dont have any alts. I will focus only on my Warrior.
On Defias brotherhood I do have all other tank classes on max level.
(Dk, Guardian, Prot Pala, DH and DK,)

Professions:

Mining & enchanting, nothing special to see here im afraid, except a bad mining Joke:

Why did the prospector get kicked out of the pub?
It's illegal to sell alcohol to miners

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Most of my WoW history I was raiding in Exploding Sheep Inc, we where pretty competative on Defias Brotherhood. We managed to get cutting edge a few times, in MoP & WoD and some raids we had to settle for AotC with just a few mythic kills. As most guilds we often had roster challenges during many of these years. During these 8 years of raiding I was mainly raiding as ranged dps, Mage or warlock.

After a long break I came back in Legion and decided to try something else, and I started tanking and playing melee dps and ended up in my friends guild: Grim Society. Since then I have Played all tank classes and raided often as main tank for the team as my attendence was always one of the highest in the guild, it just made most sense.  

Got KSM in Legion, BFA and will get it now in Shadowlands asap.
logs from my monk in Castle Nathria:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/53136410#zone=26&difficulty=4&partition=1

Previous Guilds:

After clearing Castle Nathria and most people getting Ahead of the Curve in Grim Society, we struggled getting enough people in to mythic. We worked together with another guild and downed 2 bosses on mythic. My guess is all guilds had it really hard during 9.0 and many didnt survive this content drought. Grim Society wasnt the exception, it was a struggle keeping everyone on board and finding new additions on our server. So I took a 3month break, came back and decided to move to Kazzak.

Availability:

well I work during daytime and have the evenings to spend with. A) my wife or B) my online friends.

A few of my friends convinced me to come to Kazzak. They told me this server is very much alive and that there are still many guilds raiding here. We like to team up and push keys together.

I want to add that I would love to join the guild as a social, thats why I applied using the Social form ofcourse. But my goal will be to climb the ranks and M+ rating asap, gear up and most likely when deemed ready I will most likely apply for a raidspot. And hope to enjoy some high quality content with you guys further down the line.

Communication:

Yes I am pretty decent at reading, writing, listening, and speaking in english.
As mentioned before my mother is english and I was raised in two languages so this shoudnt be any problem for me.

Computer / Connection:

I play on a desktop with above average hardware
 i7-4790 - 16,0 GB - GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER
a Dual screen setup
Fiber optic internet from T-Mobile 1000Mbit connection
Dont have disconnects unless the blizzard servers let me down.

Addons/UI:

-DBM
-Details
-WeakAuras
-Plater
-simcraft
-omnicc
-elvui

Other Games:

Hearthstone and occasionally Warzone!

Why Iron Edge?

As im new to kazzak I have no knowledge of guild reputations, so I went for the Guild name that I liked the most. I was pleasantly surprised to see the guild has a website and the information I read there kinda sealed the deal. The picture showed nice and friendly faces that I hope to meet ingame soon.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Im a positive person and I bring a healthy competative nature to my gameplay.
Besides my sense of humor I am patient, and I  like to help out in M+ as DPS/ off tank,
 When joining these 5 man groups I am a mature and a helpful player who doesnt rage.

Because I remember those times when the wow community wasn’t that toxic at all. Back in TBC ppl laughed at wipes and were more friendly to each other! A party didn’t simply kick out anyone just because of a few mistakes!  I remember these times and I would like to bring that back where ever I am.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Looking around on Server and on Raider.io

Last Words?

I believe I can be a happy and friendly addition to the Iron Edge community and given the chance I can prove myself to be a worthy raider, but if all fails I am sure I can be a grumpy old man and speak about the glory times, and how everything obviously was better in TBC!

I am looking forward to meeting you all, if I get accepted as a social member ofcourse.

Have a great weekend everyone!

October 09, 2021, 10:46:05 pm
Reply #1

Offline Brink

• Vendor Trash

Re: Social Application - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - BrÍnk
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 10:46:05 pm »
screenshot of my UI: https://imgur.com/a/XWcfIt3

October 11, 2021, 08:25:16 am
Reply #2

Online Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - BrÍnk
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 08:25:16 am »
Hello Brink.

You can poke any officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:50:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

73 Guests, 1 User
Xormn