Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 A-raid: Warlock application

May 31, 2009, 06:27:20 pm
Read 2843 times

Offline Network

• Vendor Trash

A-raid: Warlock application
« on: May 31, 2009, 06:27:20 pm »

Good evening (or whatever time you happen to be reading this)!

Personal Information
Greetings, I'm Network the warlock from the cold, cold lands of icecrown.. Aka The faroe islands! I'm 14 years old, which means that I'm still in school. Got lots of sparetime, and all those hours are spend on respectively world of warcraft and.. well, mostly wow - but also on friends and family (please don't put me in your FoF for saying this :().

I also wanna add my computer specifications:
Intel core2 duo, 2GHz
1GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Windows XP pro, SP3

I think that I will soon enough implent another 1gb ram, if my motherboard allows me to do so.

Character Information
Ladies and gentlemen, I present you THE armory link!
When raiding, I'm playing destruction. It is by far the best spec for pure dps. Though, I've been playing pretty much all possible specs.

Attunements:
Pre TBC: MC, Onyxia's Lair, Blackwing Lair and Zul'Gurub
TBC: Karazhan, Black Temple (up to illidary council, hence no Illidan Stormrage)
WotLK: The Eye of Eternity 10/25, OS 10/25 (unfortunately no helpers up on either of them), Naxx 10/25, Ulduar 10 all the way to Mimiron, and only Flame Leviathan in heroic mode. We would definently had got mimiron down, but due to our MTs football practice (which he btw didnt inform us of before raid), we had to stop.. after 4 tries, we got him down to phase 4, and we had our first freya kill that night aswell.

Raiding
I can raid when, and even when not, needed, really. With a few, normal exeptions such as feasts (christmas etc), holidays and possible emergencies. I'm always looking forward to a raid, and is always prepared with flasks and food stacked :)

More specific times:
Mondays: Whenever required
Tuesdays: Whenever required
Wednesdays: Whenever required
Thursdays: Whenever required
Fridays: Whenever required
Saturday: Whenever required
Sundays: Whenever required

Gaming and World Of Warcraft history
Gaming.. Well, I guess it all started with Pokémon somehow. The interest took hold, and card games became Gameboy and Gameboy became an online-browser edition of Pokémon. From there I've been on Runescape, WC3, CS(S) and WoW.

I didn't get WoW, I would rather say that WoW got me! I made my first character in spring last year. I wanted to make a warlock, and so I did. I was totally caught of the gameplay after watching some RL friends raid. So here I am, put it mildly, the biggest noob the world (of warcraft) has ever seen. Killing these skeletons in Tirisfal Glades, being afraid of taking more than one quest at a time, and thinking that it's a bit cheat to use QH, so I decided not to, untill I after some levels and hours of /played came to sense. I level'd as fast as I could, so that I could raid with my friends before the launch of wotlk, which worked out alrighty as I got 'a bit' of help =).
So when wotlk was released, I was standing outside of a mall with a group of friends, waiting for it to open up. I was the 6th in the whole country to buy the expansion, due to some fast legs and some pushing. And so.. Here I am!

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
I want to achieve something with online gaming, and as Iron Edge seem to be one of the, if not the one, best guild/s on the server, I decided to throw an apply. I talked to Vorte, and he told me that you were in need of one warlock for your A-team, and dunemaul.org's recruitment post confirmed it.
In addition I want a serious guild. I can't take any more slacking, unreliability etc. anymore, totally got enough of it ^^

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I can offer an active and reliable member, who regards the dmg meter as a challenge (especially class regularly!), and who gives himself 100% for a progression and to times farm raids.

Last words?
I suck at pvp.. no need to confirm it, I hope :'( That would just be embarrassing. My gear isnt the best, not even pre ulduar. I would actually describe it as rather common. My dps on single-target bosses is usually around 5,5k-6,2k. Last time I checked, I did 6,2k on Patchwerk25 without any firestone on my weapon - or well, it was actually 23man as I remember it.

I also wanna share my UI aswell as my addons with you. To that I attached two screenshots:
AddOns: Clicky!
UI: Clicky and Clicky

Mmoooooo,
Network
PS. The one with the first positive reply will get 1goldz!

May 31, 2009, 07:00:31 pm
Reply #1

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

Re: A-raid: Warlock application
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 07:00:31 pm »
Looks good for a 14 year old :p (no offense)

Don't you have some fps issues with only 1gb RAM?

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

May 31, 2009, 07:09:32 pm
Reply #2

Offline Network

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 07:09:32 pm »
Nah, not really. swinging around 30-40 fps in raids, and that's just fine. the framerate is pretty low on the SS I added, but I guess that it's just because I was running with battery, and minimized the performance in advantage for my battery life.

May 31, 2009, 07:43:03 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 07:43:03 pm »
Two or three times better than the English of a 14 year old from... England.

Heck, your English is probably better than most kids a few years older than you.

BUT...

I think we're now full again on ranged DPS, as Decay (also Faroese, but doesn't have as good English as you) has now come back to raid.

Thanks for the awesome application though, and I'm sure it'll get you into another guild. Or maybe the B raid wants a warlock -- but maybe you want to be a SERIOUS RAIDER.

Cheers,
-D
Now I run a tech website.

May 31, 2009, 07:50:32 pm
Reply #4

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 07:50:32 pm »
I'll update that post on Dunemaul.org
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 31, 2009, 09:25:11 pm
Reply #5

Offline Network

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 09:25:11 pm »
Primarily, thanks for the quick and kind respond, Delling.
Just too bad, I guess. Hmm, I don't think there's anything else to do than keep hunting, and even if your B-team were in need of another lock, I'm afraid 2 raids a week isn't enough to extinguish my thirst :/
Perhaps I'll take some turkish lessons, apply to Tyrants and hope the best :p

Anyway, I wish you all the best, IE!
Network
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:40:52 am by Sonicmouse »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:26:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

138 Guests, 2 Users
Shimmar, Vox