Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Monstar Prot Warrior for A-Team

July 01, 2009, 05:32:39 am
Read 6616 times

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

Monstar Prot Warrior for A-Team
« on: July 01, 2009, 05:32:39 am »
Personal Information
Hey guys and gals, my name is Chris Roy, older and more awesome brother of Intrinsic who is also making an apply here :D I am currently 23 years old, living at the same location as my brother in bonnie Scotland! FREEEEDOOOOMMM!!!!
Currently unemployed which sucks, graduated in 2007 from St.Andrews University(saw Prince William when he was attending there!) and currently spend most of my time playing WoW.

Live action picture of myself.

Character Information

Currently playing my Tauren Protection Warrior which can be found here: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Monstar

Professions
450 Blacksmithing, good for extra sockets for stamina
450 Mining, normaly a bad profession other than if you are a tank for that extra stam. I do find it retarded when ppl have silly professions at this sort of level.

Main spec
My spec is a pretty standard 15/5/51 talent build. Reasons for this choice was I felt it provided a large increase in threat with points in Impale and Deep Wounds while still having sufficent points left over to cover all the standard protection talents and maintain viable rage generation/useage.

Glyphs
Glyph of Devastate; provides fast application of sunder armor meaning I can build threat faster and melee have more time dpsing with full stack up. Quite useful when I had to go in brain room on Yogg-saron.
Glyph of Blocking; increases block value meaning higher threat etc. pretty awesome.
Glyph of Revenge; something I switched to a while back to help me when most of my time I would be an off tank. I think I will change this when the new changes to Shield Specialization take place.

Offspec
Normaly on Hodir and General Vezax I use my offspec for dps using a 54/17 arms spec to provide Blood Frenzy and Trauma for feral druids. Currently have 2 Conq, 2 Valorous t7.5 and a few Ulduar10 and Naxx pieces fully enchanted.

Addons
Omen
DBM
ag_unitframes - easy on the eye providing essential data where I need it
oRA2
OmniCC
MikScrollingBattleText - usefull to see whos healing me or whos not and should be
Quartz - keeping track of time on sunders, thunderclap and demo shout

I do also have experience playing my Death Knight, which is pretty good geared and my Holy Paladin, aswell as 60 Priest, Hunter and Warlock.

Hardware/Connection Info

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz, Nvidia 8800 GTS
Very stable 6Mb download, soon to be 10 I think with Virgin Media upgrading everything.

Raiding

Currently being jobless/hobo I can raid anytime, obviously looking for a job that will be from 8-5 and shouldn't be any problem.

Mondays: Anytime
Tuesdays: Anytime
Wednesdays: Anytime
Thursdays: Anytime
Fridays: Anytime
Saturday: Anytime
Sundays: Anytime

In my previous guild Rigor Mortis I had 100% raid attendance over 100days and don't forsee that changing.

Raiding Experience

Missed out on vanilla which is quite a shame and looked like it would have been awesome. Most of my TBC experience was me trying to catch up since I started WoW pretty late and being at Uni during that time I had more pressing matters and more enjoyable activities to do! :P

TBC
Karazhan: Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern: Cleared
Tempest Keep : Cleared
Zul'Aman : Cleared
Mount Hyjal: Cleared, Archimonde done after the massive nerf.
Black Temple : Cleared
Sunwell : No experience

Wrath
Naxx : Cleared 10 and 25
EoE : Cleared 10 and 25
Obsidian Sanctum : Cleared 10 and 25 both inc 3 drakes
Ulduar : Cleared 10 and 25

Ulduar 10 : Done a few of the hardmodes but wasn't part of the main 10man group we had in RM.
Ulduar 25 : Done orbituary hardmode

Consumables and Finance

Repairs & consumables is no worries, have an alt make all my money with JC and enchanting.
I normally have a healthy stock of:
Flask of Stoneblood, Rhinolicious Wormsteak or Worg Tartare depending on what I need, Indestructible Potions and health pots.

Gaming and World Of Warcraft history

Started off gaming a long long time ago with the Doom series and all the marvelous games to follow in its footsteps. Played Red Alert2 for a very long time until I discovered the Internet with Halo PC. Played Halo about 3 years and becoming very competitive and playing at the top level in the EU. Played there with a bunch of Swedes(god bless Sweden) in the best team in europe and after created my own clan with brits to continue being #1. After Halo died I continued with FPS and took up cs:source. Managed to become pretty decent and achieved a high of #4 at the UK CGS(Championship Gaming Series) Combine and won £500 which paid for this PC :D As you can imagine I took to WoW pretty late on, a few months after TBC was released. First guild I was in was Dreamers, at a time when I was still learning the game and didn't have any mates to help out, just myself and my bro. After a while It was time to move onto a more serious guild. So I joined up with my bro once again at Rigor Mortis and had been there for around a year untill I decided I was no longer happy there and required a new challenge.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

For a guild, clan or team to continously be #1 and maintain the top spot on the server it shows that they are dedicated and have the desire. This is something that has attracted me to Iron Edge since I began playing. This is something that I want to strive for to become a part of. I want to be able to play with like minded people that want to achieve the highest possible.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

An active and very stable and reliable player that has the knowledge and competence to play my class and roll well. Im not afraid to speak my mind on vent and help out in order to further progress the guild and myself. Im always prepared for raids with flasks & my own food(anything less than this I don't find too acceptable). I do theorycraft prot warriors and the roles of tanking on vatious encounters. I check elitistjerks and tankspot reguarly for new information and ideas, but I do not blindly follow everything that is written there.

Last words?

I'm not too sure on your tanking situation, but if my brother was to be accepted I would be eternaly greatful if I was able to be given an oppertunity among your ranks and play alongside my bro.

Peace out.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:36:40 am by monstar »

July 01, 2009, 11:48:23 am
Reply #1

kawe

Re: Monstar Prot Warrior for A-Team
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 11:48:23 am »
"very stable" "virgin media"

I'm confused.

Otherwise, great app.

If we have three jobless scottish bums, does that count as a contingent?

July 01, 2009, 02:17:26 pm
Reply #2

Offline Gidra

• Guild Member

• Do not disturb.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 02:17:26 pm »
Good application, tho give me some time to discuss with other officers. ;)

July 01, 2009, 04:01:42 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 04:01:42 pm »
Great application matey.

I am concerned that we just don't have enough space for melee in our raids though...

We are already running very close to the cap of '2 groups' (any more than that and lots will be sitting out on Yogg, Firefighter, Hodir...)

I don't mind recruiting on strength of application (and because your brother will likely get in on his DK), but I don't really think we have space for a tank.

The other option is, perhaps, EQ or Shalala goes permanent DPS (like, one of them goes oomkin...) but that's not something we can do overnight.

And we'd have to do something about Inphy too...

Hmmm.

-D
Now I run a tech website.

July 01, 2009, 04:02:51 pm
Reply #4

Inphy

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 04:02:51 pm »
Heee, what did I do? :(

July 01, 2009, 04:12:06 pm
Reply #5

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 04:12:06 pm »
Nothin'

It's just like a big box of tetrominoes, if you know what they are:

You have lots of shapes, and you have to fit them together...
Now I run a tech website.

July 01, 2009, 04:26:05 pm
Reply #6

kawe

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 04:26:05 pm »
EQ or Shala being perma DPS is a pretty attractive option though, given phat feral dps.

July 01, 2009, 04:27:42 pm
Reply #7

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 04:27:42 pm »
Well certainly I don't mind sitting out on some raids, I was used to it in RM. IE is where I want to be so im prepared to wait, im here for the long haul.

Feel free to give me a chat in-game if you need any questions answered.

July 01, 2009, 04:30:46 pm
Reply #8

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 04:30:46 pm »
I say let's get 20 melee into the A-raid and watch them fight to the death over raidspots?

:-*

Good app btw.
gl.

July 01, 2009, 04:33:35 pm
Reply #9

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 04:33:35 pm »
Gurubashi, go!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

July 01, 2009, 04:34:27 pm
Reply #10

kawe

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 04:34:27 pm »
We go to stranglethorn arena, and pay under-the-table to other classes for buffs on the side.

"HEY I SEE THAT ILLEGAL WINDFURY TOTEM IN THAT BUSH THERE!"

July 01, 2009, 04:39:30 pm
Reply #11

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 04:39:30 pm »
Nothin'

It's just like a big box of tetrominoes, if you know what they are:

You have lots of shapes, and you have to fit them together...

i see loads of warlocks in that there box!

July 01, 2009, 04:46:51 pm
Reply #12

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 04:46:51 pm »
Thats a 40 man RAID!
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

July 01, 2009, 05:03:32 pm
Reply #13

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 05:03:32 pm »

Standard Iron Edge raid formation
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:05:26 pm by Cwave »

July 01, 2009, 05:07:15 pm
Reply #14

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 05:07:15 pm »
Hahaha, great one Cwave :P
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:22:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

24 Guests, 0 Users