Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - pepoopout (XR)

October 23, 2022, 07:20:57 pm
Read 2869 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - pepoopout (XR)
« on: October 23, 2022, 07:20:57 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: pepoopout
Server: Ragnaros
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Ragnaros/pepoopout
Class/Spec: Priest (Healer)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hello, my name is Kay. I am 26, live in Montreal and work in a bank. My boyfriend Hal and I want to raid together in the weekend, that's why I am here.  
I started playing WoW at the beginning of Shadowlands. My boyfriend is so obsessed with this game and it makes me want to join him in a raid as well. However we don't live in the same time zone so we need to find a weekend raid group.

Class/Spec:

I started as a Discipline priest because my boyfriend told me it is the coolest healer spec. The start was tough but I have gone through that! It is indeed a unique play style and I enjoyed it a low.  
Through the time I played in SL season 1 and 2, we maxed out M+ vaults every week so my gear was always among the best geared people in the guild.

I tried Holy priest in the early time of season 1 but it didn't work very well. Losing multiple group defensive cooldowns from Discipline makes me feel vulnerable.  

Stats-wise I always went for haste/crit because it scales with Discipline play style and worked better in M+, since M+ is my main playground.

For the coming expansion's raid, I will start with Holy first to get familiar with the mechanics. I know that it is good to stack mastery as Holy priest. If there's any thing to pay attention to, I am sure Hal will let me know and help with that.  

Alts:

I have a max level mage and a little shaman. Just for fun.

Professions:

Alchemy and Enchanting.
I chose alchemy because I can save money with double duration flasks :(
And enchanting to turn every gear we don't need into material :D

Raiding Experience:

Unfortunately I don't have any serious raiding experience but only a few times in heroic Castle Nathria and got AoTC. However, I did watch Hal's progression on Mythic a lot and was often ask about the mechanics(while he was so concentrated and barely answered me).
I know progressing on Mythic is a challenge but I am confident to fight it. I will prepare by learning the spec in and out, plus learning the fights beforehand. Hal for sure will force me to watch some guide videos :(

Previous Guilds:

The guildies are kind but we need to find a raid group in the weekend.

Availability:

I work only on weekdays so I will always be available on Sunday.  

Communication:

I am a long time discord user and I can speak English and French :)  

Computer / Connection:

The game runs on my PC pretty well. My connection to EU servers are also stable. The latency is usually at 80-90ms.

Addons/UI:

ElvUI, Weakauras, bigwigs, Plater and Details, all the essentials.
Also some helping tools likt TradeSkillMaster, tomtom, handy notes etc..

Screenshot of my ui: https://imgur.com/a/ALvT7Cr

Other Games:

I have two thousand hours on Dota2, but stopped.
Other than that I play some other multiplayer games with friends like Apex Legends, Monster Hunter, Mario Kart. Most recently I have been playing Overwatch with Hal

Why Iron Edge?

The weekend raid! The guild looks like a active and welcoming place. I was reading your story posts and found them quite lovely.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I cherish the time with Hal and will plan ahead considering the raid schedule. So, my availability will be consistent.
I am a persistent person and is never scared of challenges. Challenges are part of the fun! I will always do what's necessary for progress, like farming for gear, prepare consumables and tuning stats, and I can always maintain a positive mental attitude!  

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

from my boyfriend

Last Words?

Although I am a new player, I am passionate about the challenging content. In my first season I accomplished KSM pretty quickly and was proud of it. To be honest, Hal is the one who drag me down LOL

https://raider.io/characters/eu/ragnaros/Pepoopout#season=season-sl-1
Here is the overview from my season 1 M+ records. I think at sometime I even have higher io than Hal because he was too busy raiding and I tried to push alone.

That is to say, besides the raid I also wish to have some fun(or sweat) in M+ with the guildies. But most importantly, make some friends.

October 25, 2022, 05:40:31 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rasgaas

• Officer

• Week-end raid Officer

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - pepoopout (XR)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 05:40:31 pm »
Hello, we would like to offer you a trial, pls poke an officer for an invite

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 01:19:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

77 Guests, 0 Users