Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Restoration Shaman B raid application.

October 31, 2009, 01:13:28 am
Reply #15

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: Restoration Shaman B raid application.
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 01:13:28 am »
One of my biggest pet-hates... the inability to spell the word 'enhancement'.

But I used to joke about enchantment shaman, running around with little fairy wings...
Now I run a tech website.

October 31, 2009, 02:36:57 am
Reply #16

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 02:36:57 am »
Forum activity januari 2008...
Like dell said.... wtf?

October 31, 2009, 02:46:17 am
Reply #17

Offline Lexmeister

• Former Member

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 02:46:17 am »
I managed to have a chat with Delling in game and sorted this out, seems to be just a really random coincidence of someone else using the same name as me or something? I'm still unsure how it happened...or how I could create an account with the same name as someone else as it'd tell me invalid name surely? Ah well.

October 31, 2009, 03:09:23 am
Reply #18

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 03:09:23 am »
Naw, it's the same IP address. But it's possible that someone else using the same IP could have visited. Or... *shrug* -- doesn't really matter.

As I said in-game, who cares who you are. You have a good app, some friends in the guild, and seemingly a nice guy... go for it!
Now I run a tech website.

October 31, 2009, 03:26:19 am
Reply #19

Offline Snowié

• Former Member

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 03:26:19 am »
Impressive app indeed, and I think I can remember raiding with you in the past and getting a good impression.

The only thing is trinket and gem choices.

I'm no pro resto shaman but I think Ideally you want to chose between haste OR int for gemming.

Int would be for tank healing, so you would drop mp5 and other gems , aswell as chain heal talent and take healing way.

However you could also spec improved chain heal and stack haste (like I do with my shaman http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Bloodlustlol ) , but ofc you still need mana regen to keep healing up, but theorists say you would get enough mp5 from gear anyway.

I guess the spec would coincide with whatever the B-Team would need you for if you got accepted though ^^

October 31, 2009, 04:23:54 am
Reply #20

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 04:23:54 am »
ARE YOU A FUNNY GUY?

WILL YOU AID ME IN THE PULLING OF WHELPS?

If so, I approve.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

October 31, 2009, 11:37:42 am
Reply #21

Offline Kocian

• Former Member

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 11:37:42 am »
Haste > SP > Int > MP5 for tank and raid heal as well. The Healing focus is the one of the most have talent! I don't know anything about your healing style, but I can't imagine that how do you use the lhw totem without the lhw glyph… if you use hw than the naxx totem is better. Or try that glyph!
Other things are OK.
Good luck and haste haste haste!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:48:05 am by Kocian »

October 31, 2009, 12:10:29 pm
Reply #22

Offline Lexmeister

• Former Member

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 12:10:29 pm »
Hmm, it looks very much like I'd benefit a lot from having two PvE specs from what you guys are saying, I suppose I only had one because the toc10 farming was getting a bit dull I needed some pvp! I'd be happy to get another PvE tank/raid specific spec.
As for the Healing Focus, I can also see how that one would help...Especially for the PVP encounter but then I use my pvp spec which has LHW glyph/Healing focus which isn't ideal. I shall change it!^^
Ah, as for the mp5 I think I'm still just conditioned to stack a bit of mp5 to keep up with those holy priests pre mp5 buff :D!

Vorte, I SHALL AID YOU IN THE PULLING OF WHELPS AND THE DEPLOYMENT OF TRAINS SAH.

October 31, 2009, 12:48:28 pm
Reply #23

Kilizion

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 12:48:28 pm »
Need... more... trains...

October 31, 2009, 01:30:36 pm
Reply #24

Offline Snowié

• Former Member

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 01:30:36 pm »
Haste > SP > Int > MP5 for tank and raid heal as well. The Healing focus is the one of the most have talent! I don't know anything about your healing style, but I can't imagine that how do you use the lhw totem without the lhw glyph… if you use hw than the naxx totem is better. Or try that glyph!
Other things are OK.
Good luck and haste haste haste!

I was talking to Sattalol of Cata and he seems to think stacking int is more worthwhile for tank healing (+ Using healing wave , paladin style), are you sure haste is so valuable even for tank healing ? (I appreciate you're a very much better Resto shaman than I , but I wana know for sure ^^)

October 31, 2009, 01:41:14 pm
Reply #25

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 01:41:14 pm »
It is Snowie, until 670ish haste is very important for pala's as well. Not important enough to gem for, but enough to pick gear with haste on it over other extra stats.

October 31, 2009, 05:55:23 pm
Reply #26

Offline Kocian

• Former Member

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 05:55:23 pm »
My opinion about the resto shaman is different. Yes we can heal like a paladin with a effective Healing Way talent. And If you do it, you really need int like every other source of mana, because like paladins you have to chain cast, since it has nearly 2sec cast time (1.4-1.3 with Tidal Waves). It is too much wait to the hit and start casting. If you really want to heal the tank with healing wave, you have 2 option (CH, HW, HW and some random riptide or Riptide, Hw, Hw, Hw). For all of these of course you will need a really big mana base and regeneration. From int you will gain as additional crit and sp, what is useful too.

But, and there is the point The resto shaman can’t compete with Paladins’ effective one target heal or their mana pool. The only chance to be valuable for raids is that if you can add some extra stuff to the heal arsenal, at the tank heal our only advantage against paladins the rapid burns heal, what is the lhw and riptide combo. Now I can cast it in 1,1 sec and with the Tidal Wave buff I can easily handle the -10% demage buff on 3-4 target. And with the LHW glyph the spell really effective on a target, I think it is more effective than the HW, since it land in a second against the paladin’s Holy Light. And of course you can spam it like a mad horse, without any int or mp5 gem. In additional you can easily win a heal race in a full haste gear any fight where you can use CHAIN HEAL. Chain heal the other thing, why I think haste is more powerful, at the good time to the good target you can save the hole group life. And it is needed to the Ch HW HW rotation, what is give you the highest HPS (I think not the highest effective HPS). Ch isn’t so powerful as was, but it will useless if you can’t cast it in 1.8 sec.

My final answer is that: Yes I think the haste is more worthwhile and our only chance to be as valuable as priests and paladins. Always need to find our strengths and improve them, not try to find a way to hide our weakness. That is the different between the int and haste gems. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 05:57:44 pm by Kocian »

October 31, 2009, 06:26:43 pm
Reply #27

Offline Lexmeister

• Former Member

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 06:26:43 pm »
But if you're stacking int, the only benefit I can see of that over mp5 for raids is that the mana tide gives you more mana. Other than that you spend the entire fight <100% mana which makes the additional mp5 which regens while casting more valuable than the additional mana provided by int doesn't it? Say 3k mana at the start or 100mp5? Fights lasting 5mins or so would easily yield more mana.

But the haste...I have to agree with the comment about making the Shaman keep up with the healing of other classes as the Riptide+LHW combo with the increased crit chance is win and quick and fast critheals save those who dwell in fires far too long for my poor old heart.

Now I haven't been in any of your 25man raids yet, but I know your guys wouldn't make half the mistakes I'm used to which waste valuable mana. Imo this is a reason to drop some of my mp5 gems but not stack haste completely but rather find some balance as I think both are needed...As I said I'd have to have actually been in a raid to be able to fully understand what I'd need to adjust with my playstyle.

This may be 'hiding our weaknesses' which I agree with, but I suppose my thinking only works for situations where the fight goes on much longer than it should due to dps dying, or additional mana strain due to healers dying. Assuming everyone does their job right haste is the way forward imo but I'm just pessimistic I suppose!

October 31, 2009, 06:50:29 pm
Reply #28

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 06:50:29 pm »
more int, more mana from replenish!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

October 31, 2009, 07:09:53 pm
Reply #29

Offline Lexmeister

• Former Member

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 07:09:53 pm »
Doh, didn't think about that one! But after having a closer look there is a definite advantage in socketing int and not having mp5 gems. The extra mana gives an ample amount of mp5 too which I didn't take into account. So the argument is indeed back to int or haste!

In a 25man raid, with all the buffs I can't seem to think I would need any more mp5 as my items always have it on them so I think an ample supply of haste gems would probably be my best bet I think which also seems to be the general opinion.^^

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 02:36:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

80 Guests, 0 Users